Royal Caribbean Blog

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More cruises. Bucket list destinations come with bigger price tags.  I'd rather experience two special bucket list destinations rather than just one in my lifetime (or every 5 years). Balcon

Right now there are some last minute Alaska deals.  $410 interior or $1,584 in a balcony, per person plus taxes.   For two people the cruise fare (pre-tax) is $820 interior or $3,168 for a balcon

Actually, this is a difficult question for me. Solo, sure, all day long. With my wife, we really enjoy the balcony, we relax and enjoy each other, so it gets a bit more difficult to say 2 insides vs 1

Posted Images

Inside cabins. 

We only use our cabin to sleep/shower/change clothes. 

We had a balcony on our first cruise and realized we would have had just as much fun without it. Booking inside rooms leaves us more.money for excursions or staying a couple more nights pre/post cruise  

Definitely do 2 inside cabins oppose to one balcony...especially if it means I am doing 2 B2B, enjoyable itineraries. I have to fly from Chicago to any port so I want to get the most out of my cruises. If the inside cabins would be at different times of the year I might choose one balcony on a long itinerary. Because it might be cheaper than what flights, ridesharing and hotels might cost. 2 inside rooms could be more C&A points and faster status depending on who is traveling. A balcony is only good if you plan to spend at least 32% of the cruise in your room.

Currently doing two cruises a year! If the second cruise was free they could put me in the Solarium and I would be happy!😂

Grandeur of the Seas  January 2019

Carnival Sensation      August 2019 Horrid

Anthem of the Seas     March 2020 Booked

Independence of the Seas August 2020 Booked

Actually, this is a difficult question for me. Solo, sure, all day long. With my wife, we really enjoy the balcony, we relax and enjoy each other, so it gets a bit more difficult to say 2 insides vs 1 balcony.

So, think I'd rather have that one, extended, relaxing experience with my wife with our own slice of the ocean and if we can swing it (assuming we can cause it is about $1000 difference or so) take a few long weekend land trips. 

2 is always better than 1 in our opinion. We had a balcony on our last cruise and rarely used it. Some people do and others do not, depends on each person's preferences. We are hardly in the cabin so it makes no difference to us. Until you reach the highest level of C&A points, the perks are minimal. We go for the relaxation and together time away from life at home.

10 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Actually, this is a difficult question for me. Solo, sure, all day long. With my wife, we really enjoy the balcony, we relax and enjoy each other, so it gets a bit more difficult to say 2 insides vs 1 balcony.

This hits the nail on the head. For just me, 2 inside trips would be great as I only spend about 30 minutes a day awake in the cabin. For my wife, the balcony is a must so if I want to travel with her the answer is 1 balcony.

I agree with @luv2sail, I would feel trapped in an interior. We also spend quite a bit of time in our cabin. It seems everyone in my family needs a place to go every afternoon on a cruise that is just us - no people, no din from across the bar, no flashing  lights seeping into our view. My autistic daughter especially needs time to reset, and the balcony gives us one more place to go when we're having quiet time. Plus, DH is up around 4:30 every morning, even on vacation. Poor guy might have an "accident" if we didn't have room to spread out a little and have a space further from the bed for him to read than what's offered in an interior. 😜  Bottom line, we would hate being in an interior and to be honest would wait until we could swing the balcony or *gasp* take a land vacation. 

12 hours ago, Mikeb1892 said:

...go on 1 cruise per year in a balcony stateroom.

Or

...go on 2 cruises per year in an inside stateroom. 

And why? 

I would do the latter as more cruises would provide, well, more opportunity for adventure.  I don't use balconies that much.  When we get one, it is more for the larger room size and extra perks from our agent.  Inside rooms are better for sleeping.   Having said that, my wife now insists on an ocean view room....