Jump to content

Two ships have banned smoking in casino so far


Matt
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

so i don't think smokers would avoid the casino on the ship.  

While smokers may not avoid the casino completely, having to leave casino and find their way up to the pool deck to “get their fix” will interrupt the process of giving Royal Caribbean their money. 
I will be surprised if casino smoking policy change is maintained. 
 

Disclosure: this thought is coming from a non gambler (besides being a farmer) and non smoker. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This kind of stuff annoys me. Do they have evidence that a leading cause of covid cases on a cruise ship are due to smokers in the casino? Or is this just a dart board measures to make it look like they're doing something.

 

Adding masking is dumb in my opinion for various reasons, but at least there's widespread precedent for it. Picking on the smokers though?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this should be a permanent change not because of COVID but because of Second-Hand smoke and the smell that stays on your clothes. I'd like to enjoy some gambling without having to smell like a chimney. 

Q

Is smoking permitted in Royal Caribbean's casino?

A

 

 

NOTICE: For cruises departing on or before January 5th, 2022, smoking is not permitted in the casino due to the recently modified policy that now requires face coverings at vaccinated-only venues. We will be continually re-evaluating this policy to modify or extend according to the latest public health information.

Yes. During operating hours, the casino will allow smoking, with certain areas designated as non-smoking. There will be visible signage indicating the non-smoking area in the casino. All cruises departing from China and Hong Kong will not have a non-smoking area in the casino. Smoking is not permitted in the casino for any ships departing from Australia and the United Kingdom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As loose as Casino Royale has become giving away drinks, free cruises, and cruise discounts....banning smoking will have no effect on the amount of play the casinos receive. There are plenty of compliant players trying to get the free goodies.

 

I predict the rule change becomes permanent and Casino Royale will be better off and far more profitable.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, D Alt said:

I think this should be a permanent change not because of COVID but because of Second-Hand smoke and the smell that stays on your clothes. I'd like to enjoy some gambling without having to smell like a chimney. 

Q

Is smoking permitted in Royal Caribbean's casino?

A

 

 

NOTICE: For cruises departing on or before January 5th, 2022, smoking is not permitted in the casino due to the recently modified policy that now requires face coverings at vaccinated-only venues. We will be continually re-evaluating this policy to modify or extend according to the latest public health information.

Yes. During operating hours, the casino will allow smoking, with certain areas designated as non-smoking. There will be visible signage indicating the non-smoking area in the casino. All cruises departing from China and Hong Kong will not have a non-smoking area in the casino. Smoking is not permitted in the casino for any ships departing from Australia and the United Kingdom.

 

With that in mind they aren't really banning smoking outright. They're banning smoking because of the mask rule, so it doesn't seem as arbitrary to me as it did before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly never understood why they haven't banned smoking before this.  I know very few smokers, the large majority of people I know hate being around smokers.  So having smoke free casino seems more people would want to gamble. 

Honestly this masks rule until Jan 5th is working out nicely for me.  I wasn't planning on going to clubs or bars anyways since I have kids.  The only thing is the adult comedy I will now have to wear a mask.  And now with the new mask rule the casinos will be smoke free.  This is a huge win. Not to mention all the people cancelling because of the new policies means less people on the ship.  Which is honestly my #1 concern because when I booked everything stated reduced capacity so I would love for capacity to be lower.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

This kind of stuff annoys me. Do they have evidence that a leading cause of covid cases on a cruise ship are due to smokers in the casino? Or is this just a dart board measures to make it look like they're doing something.

 

Adding masking is dumb in my opinion for various reasons, but at least there's widespread precedent for it. Picking on the smokers though?

Unpopular opinion. Banning indoor smoking has more health benefit than all the other (covid related) protocols combined 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently on second night on board Oasis of the Seas Holiday cruise and they suddenly inexplicably with no warning banned smoking in the casino!  I’m told by guest services this is fleet wide through at least Jan 5th. Would NEVER EVER have boarded this ship if I had known this was even a remote possibility. Be warned if you like to smoke while you gamble that is currently no longer allowed! WORST CRUISE EVER!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Ms white said:

Currently on second night on board Oasis of the Seas Holiday cruise and they suddenly inexplicably with no warning banned smoking in the casino!  I’m told by guest services this is fleet wide through at least Jan 5th. Would NEVER EVER have boarded this ship if I had known this was even a remote possibility. Be warned if you like to smoke while you gamble that is currently no longer allowed! WORST CRUISE EVER!!

Hopefully things turn around for you. I’m sure it’s frustrating when changes occur at the last minute.  I’m not sure this would qualify as “WORST CRUISE EVER”, but to each their own.  
 

stay safe

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think every passenger who chooses to cruise during this time of transition, change and uncertainty…must know and expect that there are ‘remote possibilities’ that you may experience your ‘worse cruise ever’. From being infected..or quarantined…or itineraries changed…or mask wearing issues…or shows cancelled.

Anything can happen and you should be prepared for it. Even if you never, ever expect it. Or you can choose not to cruise now. Either way…it’s your choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • SpeedNoodles changed the title to ROYAL CARIBBEAN BANS SMOKING IN CASINOS

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...