Royal Caribbean Blog

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Purely a guess.  I will go with 1 July 2020

Personally, I do not believe a single word of anything coming out of China.  I think the chances that they have -0- new cases is -0-.  They've just quit testing.

Or maybe Royal will do a good thing like DCL and push back final payment dates by 30 days. 😉

@Crazycruiser50 This is possible but has no bearings on all of the cruises schedule. It could be they foresee the industry starting back in May or June and these particular workers contracts ended during this time ...thus they start back in August.

I think COVID will need at least 60 days to run its course. Maybe another few weeks after to get things to a new normal.

3 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Crazycruiser50 This is possible but has no bearings on all of the cruises schedule. It could be they foresee the industry starting back in May or June and these particular workers contracts ended during this time ...thus they start back in August.

I think COVID will need at least 60 days to run its course. Maybe another few weeks after to get things to a new normal.

This is gonna be a truly sucky few months! Man its all so depressing.

06 June 2020 the first Saturday of the month.

We are not cancelling our 28 June 2020 so if RCCL cancels we will take the 125% FCC and apply to the Thanksgiving sailing. Just saw DCL pushed final payments for their summer sailings back 30 days. I wonder if RCCL is considering this? My balance is due at the end of this month, I guess we will see. (Always pay balance last possible moment, nothing worse then the feeling of missing a price drop because you paid the balance early.)

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

No, they just got back on board in the beginning of Feb.  We talk on messenger all the time.  I just don’t want to throw his name or ship out there.  

@Crazycruiser50 Well that sucks if that is the case. I cannot travel during the summer so my next cruise is in October. I highly doubt, if available, most cruise lines will not start as soon as they can. It could be ship and itinerary related as August is almost 6 months away....I cannot fathom that cruising would be able to survive that long without any sailings. I won't be delusional and say April but I also won't be pessimistic and say July either.

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

06 June 2020 the first Saturday of the month.

We are not cancelling our 28 June 2020 so if RCCL cancels we will take the 125% FCC and apply to the Thanksgiving sailing. Just saw DCL pushed final payments for their summer sailings back 30 days. I wonder if RCCL is considering this? My balance is due at the end of this month, I guess we will see. (Always pay balance last possible moment, nothing worse then the feeling of missing a price drop because you paid the balance early.)

June 6th is the start of our 14 night B2B on Grandeur. Bermuda and Canada and New England. Really don't want to have to miss a second cruise this year.