ROYAL'S FIRST EVER WORLD CRUISE!!!

I doubt it will have to do with CSO or Covid protocols, things going back-ish to normal is not news of a lifetime. Also getting rid of protocols won't happen until everyone can be vaxxed. Even with the CSO expiring, they will still follow certain safety protocols. 

It has to be a destination, ship or specialty something....i.e. a particular itinerary or sailing. 

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

That sure would be a downer if the announcement is something they announced 2 years ago

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/royal-caribbean-announces-lelepa-vanuatu-is-perfect-for-perfect-day-300938287.html

And that 'nothing burger', Lelepa, would benefit very few folks, none sailing from the US.  I love smokeybandits idea:  "No more masking or pre cruise testing" and also add in the lobster plan.

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

I literally just received a Royal survey asking  questions about pre-cruise testing.  I don't see it going away soon, but... who knows.  

Testing will remain with us for few month , maybe they will change it back for 3 days or allow something more comfortable , same for masks. I wish I am wrong.

The news might be also signing some contract/affiliate with another  company , maybe some entertainment or maybe even a fast food chain.  

It has to be a destination based on the C&A page teaser.

South American cruises?

I would love to see RC do seasonal cruises out of South America, perhaps multiple sailings out of Buenos Aires too perhaps Brazil and/or sailing around the tip of South America to San Antonio, Chile.  I know Celebrity already offers seasonal South American cruises but it would be nice to see RCG offer these cruises on a Royal Caribbean ship. 

It has to be a destination based on the C&A page teaser.

South American cruises?

Hmmm didn’t Royal get involved with Turks and Caicos? I know Carnival is there but I thought I saw somewhere that Royal might be adding that? 

Or Royal is releasing their plans for Freeport/Grand Lucayan (although a rendering has already been released)

I guess this will be announced tomorrow to TA’s first then to public 

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm really not sure what to expect, but to paraphrase @JC Pats, it sure is nice to have fun cruise news to look forward to again

Any announcement that has to do with some type of cruising "expansion" whether it be policy, destinations, ships etc. is better than the "contraction" news we have heard the last 1.5years.

Happy Cruising!