ROYAL'S FIRST EVER WORLD CRUISE!!!

27 minutes ago, Jill said:

So what would your (all of us collectively) “news of a lifetime” be? 

GO! 

-No more masking or pre cruise testing.

-You're now able to (and encouraged to) push chair hogs into the pool

-Lobster night will now have actual lobsters served instead of oversized crawfish

-Bridge tours will allow passengers to drive the ship

-They're introducing new technology where a day on a cruise ship lasts 48 hours instead of 24.

One of these:

a) Overnight accomodations at Coco Cay

b) Acquisition of another "widget." Thinking about how Carnival Cruiseline purchased the White Pass/Yukon Railroad in Skagway

c) New partnership with some "celebrity"

d) Acquisition of another line or new class of ship

e) World Cruise 

23 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That sure would be a downer if the announcement is something they announced 2 years ago

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/royal-caribbean-announces-lelepa-vanuatu-is-perfect-for-perfect-day-300938287.html

What else could it be?

Ovation doing something different ? Hawaii?

Something different in the Arctic?

‘Someone suggested a world cruise but that’s not like RCI Maybe more like celebrity.

Someone reported,next cruise said Wonder will be home ported in Japan?

I doubt it will have to do with CSO or Covid protocols, things going back-ish to normal is not news of a lifetime. Also getting rid of protocols won't happen until everyone can be vaxxed. Even with the CSO expiring, they will still follow certain safety protocols. 

It has to be a destination, ship or specialty something....i.e. a particular itinerary or sailing. 

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

That sure would be a downer if the announcement is something they announced 2 years ago

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/royal-caribbean-announces-lelepa-vanuatu-is-perfect-for-perfect-day-300938287.html

And that 'nothing burger', Lelepa, would benefit very few folks, none sailing from the US.  I love smokeybandits idea:  "No more masking or pre cruise testing" and also add in the lobster plan.

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

I literally just received a Royal survey asking  questions about pre-cruise testing.  I don't see it going away soon, but... who knows.  

Testing will remain with us for few month , maybe they will change it back for 3 days or allow something more comfortable , same for masks. I wish I am wrong.

The news might be also signing some contract/affiliate with another  company , maybe some entertainment or maybe even a fast food chain.