Royal Caribbean Blog

Will you Consider Driving to Port Instead of Flying?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry.. as much as I love my wife.. there's no way I could spend 17 hours in a car with her having to pee once every hour.. lol.. Ill take my chances with flying lol 

We live in North Carolina and always drive to Florida when we cruise. It's a two day trip, but we have friends we can visit in Fl for an overnight visit and stop in Savannah, Ga or Charleston, Sc on t

It's definitely impossible with that spirit!    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SteveinSC said:

USA Today will print anything for the right price.  

They would print that portable toilets are cleaner that operating rooms if the industry paid them to.  

It's one of the reasons why I refuse to read their trash.

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

USA Today will print anything for the right price.  

They would print that portable toilets are cleaner that operating rooms if the industry paid them to.  

It's one of the reasons why I refuse to read their trash.

Wow.....guess I shouldve put a trigger warning on there? 

Calm Down Chill Out GIF

Just thought it was fascinating and people might be interested to know that its being looked at and talked about....as it relates to flying to cruises. 

• 2 weeks later...

Driving to the port is something I started tossing around even before the pandemic, just to save on the stress of luggage weight limits. Coming from Chicago, we have to fly to any port, and so far our favorite ports are in Florida.

To Florida, according to Google Maps, is just over 20 hours on ideal traffic - and we aren't the most used to long road trips so we would split this over 2 days just to be safe. Which means two days of food, two hotel stays (because we'd probably aim to still get there a day early), gas and toll costs. *shrug* It's still an idea, and if by the time of our next booked cruise things haven't worked out for the better, it may be the more comfortable option.