Jump to content
Mike.s

Next round of cancellations, when?

Recommended Posts

So it's very obvious from yesterdays briefing by Michael Bayley that we're not going to start sailing in the next month, and certainly not from a European port, so please just get on and announce the next phase of cancellations. I appreciate they are trying to manage their cash flow (or hold onto our money depending on your viewpoint) but they are just increasing the frustration with their loyal customers. Long term no one will thank them for building up our hopes only to then cancel at the last minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a 16 August 2020 Oasis Cruise out of Cape Liberty... I give it a 50/50 at best.  If it goes, I’m not sure I’ll be happy with any restrictions that may be in effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you follow their pattern my guess would be they won't cancel until around June 10th. Their first round of cancellations happened on March 12th and it went through April 12th. The second round was announced around April 12th and went through June 11th. I'm supposed to be on Indy July 11th out of Fort Lauderdale but the CDC order goes through the end of July so I'm not expecting to cruise and don't expect them to announce until mid-June that they're cancelling.  It's all a big waiting game at the moment. We all know there is going to be at least another round of cancellations, it's just a matter of when and for how long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its coming soon, but let's face it, they have not caught up with all the cancellations from the first round.  I know there has been a huge push to get those done and speed up the process (which seems to have created more errors) but i would think if they could wait until they at least had the first round done, it might make more sense for the skeleton crew that is working right now.  I know a lot of people think they are holding money for cash flow, but I honestly think the FCC and cancel process that they put in place that doesn't work with their system is the biggest issue.  Again - just my opinion.  I wish they could just rip the band-aid off and pull them all, but with the unknown of when they can actually start to sail, i don't see that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I present a piece of credible evidence that my 1 August Symphony cruise MAY be sailing :

Today, the cost of the day pass at Coco Cay nearly doubled !!  Yesterday, it was $79 and today it is $149.

Of course, there are other reasons for this price jump - it could be selling out...but I choose to see it as being evidence that we are going !!

This cruise goes to both Labadee and Coco Cay, which would make it, seemingly, a top candidate for a "go" if ANY of the ships are going.

Fingers crossed....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I present a piece of credible evidence that my 1 August Symphony cruise MAY be sailing :

Today, the cost of the day pass at Coco Cay nearly doubled !!  Yesterday, it was $79 and today it is $149.

Of course, there are other reasons for this price jump - it could be selling out...but I choose to see it as being evidence that we are going !!

This cruise goes to both Labadee and Coco Cay, which would make it, seemingly, a top candidate for a "go" if ANY of the ships are going.

Fingers crossed....

I also hope yours is a go.. I booked a 4 night on July 30 on Indy hoping since its a 4 night to Coco Cay and Bahamas it would be possibly the first to sail.. I don't have confidence in my Symphony July 25 and I have to be back by Aug 4.. So I thought I might as well try 4 night on July 30.. I am hoping it will be the first to sail lol I am crossing my fingers for both of us! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Katiemay0726 said:

If you follow their pattern my guess would be they won't cancel until around June 10th. Their first round of cancellations happened on March 12th and it went through April 12th. The second round was announced around April 12th and went through June 11th. I'm supposed to be on Indy July 11th out of Fort Lauderdale but the CDC order goes through the end of July so I'm not expecting to cruise and don't expect them to announce until mid-June that they're cancelling.  It's all a big waiting game at the moment. We all know there is going to be at least another round of cancellations, it's just a matter of when and for how long. 

June 10th seems a bit late because then they would be cancelling one day before some scheduled sailings on June 11th.  I would think they'd be announcing something in the next week or so to get it out there before memorial day (in the US).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I present a piece of credible evidence that my 1 August Symphony cruise MAY be sailing :

Today, the cost of the day pass at Coco Cay nearly doubled !!  Yesterday, it was $79 and today it is $149.

Of course, there are other reasons for this price jump - it could be selling out...but I choose to see it as being evidence that we are going !!

This cruise goes to both Labadee and Coco Cay, which would make it, seemingly, a top candidate for a "go" if ANY of the ships are going.

Fingers crossed....

haha! Isn't it sad that we get excited over price JUMPS these days know the possibility it holds! 🙂 Fingers crossed for you!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our next RCCL cruise is transatlantic on Anthem departing Southampton on November 1st. Hopefully that cruise will be sailing. Will keep our fingers crossed anyway. Very keen to get "floating" again. 😃👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruise scheduled for Adventure December 14th. Cruise planner sales are still the same for us today as it was yesterday, kind of odd as I thought the sale was supposed to end yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, KyleW2 said:

Cruise scheduled for Adventure December 14th. Cruise planner sales are still the same for us today as it was yesterday, kind of odd as I thought the sale was supposed to end yesterday.

Yes, I noticed that, too.  All of the Cruise Planner items were the same EXCEPT for the Coco Cay items.  The price on the day pass to the Coco Beach Club nearly doubled - from $79 to $149.  Everything else seems to still be "on sale".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, I noticed that, too.  All of the Cruise Planner items were the same EXCEPT for the Coco Cay items.  The price on the day pass to the Coco Beach Club nearly doubled - from $79 to $149.  Everything else seems to still be "on sale".

Devil's advocate...........we better up the price, get people excited to get a little extra cash to hold for refunds later 😉

 

I'm becoming very sour lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, I noticed that, too.  All of the Cruise Planner items were the same EXCEPT for the Coco Cay items.  The price on the day pass to the Coco Beach Club nearly doubled - from $79 to $149.  Everything else seems to still be "on sale".

This prompted me to check my 6th Feb sailing on Anthem and I was pleased to see that the cost of the Beach Club pass has dropped from £90.44 to £60.04 since yesterday, so I snapped them up. Thanks so much! ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughters & I are supposed to be on Indy for a June 22nd cruise....it is very stressful waiting to see if we get canceled because I don't want to book Coco Cay excursions just for them to have to refund me, but I also don't want them to sell out. I do see a few items that show sold out and others are getting more expensive, so I hope we get to go, but realistically I just don't know how RCL would do it unless we ditch the Nassau stop and do two private island stops.

Quote

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Loops said:

Have a 16 August 2020 Oasis Cruise out of Cape Liberty... I give it a 50/50 at best.  If it goes, I’m not sure I’ll be happy with any restrictions that may be in effect.

I’m also on this sailing and I’m with you. We’re willing to deal with any and all restrictions except if they make us wear a mask the entire time while on board. We were talking and that’s the deal breaker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeping my fingers crossed for our November sailing on the Oasis. I am really excited now as I originally had an interior room but was able to upgrade to an ocean view balcony for cheaper than my interior room. I'm guessing that cruise won't be as full as I thought now. I would think there are some good deals going for that cruise now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 7:16 AM, Katiemay0726 said:

If you follow their pattern my guess would be they won't cancel until around June 10th. Their first round of cancellations happened on March 12th and it went through April 12th. The second round was announced around April 12th and went through June 11th. I'm supposed to be on Indy July 11th out of Fort Lauderdale but the CDC order goes through the end of July so I'm not expecting to cruise and don't expect them to announce until mid-June that they're cancelling.  It's all a big waiting game at the moment. We all know there is going to be at least another round of cancellations, it's just a matter of when and for how long. 

This timeline isn’t quite correct. 

Cancellations have come: 

March 13 (US)

March 14 (worldwide) 

March 24 (extended to May 11)

April 16 (extended to June 11)

This pattern says the next announcement will come today, May 25, after the closure of the stock market  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 10:16 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, it's very weird and sad...

😳

 

On 5/14/2020 at 9:54 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I present a piece of credible evidence that my 1 August Symphony cruise MAY be sailing :

Today, the cost of the day pass at Coco Cay nearly doubled !!  Yesterday, it was $79 and today it is $149.

Of course, there are other reasons for this price jump - it could be selling out...but I choose to see it as being evidence that we are going !!

This cruise goes to both Labadee and Coco Cay, which would make it, seemingly, a top candidate for a "go" if ANY of the ships are going.

Fingers crossed....

The UDP went from $118 to $132 and the water park went from $79 to $94 on the July 20th Indy cruise and I told my husband that I think it is a sign that it may still be a go. I know I’m delusional but those little price increases made me excited. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...