Allure of the Seas the worst Oasis Class?

ApexoftheSeas

One thing I really appreciated about Allure versus the other Oasis class ships is that the darn slides aren't blocking your view out the aft! It still feels fresh and fun. As others say, it depends on what you value. You want slides? You're going to be disappointed on Allure.

We’re booked on her first 4 night out of Port Canaveral in about 6 weeks. She’s the only one we haven’t sailed and I’m excited to see an oasis class in her original “skin.” I’m secretly hoping they don’t add all the slides and market her for adults 😁 Put playmakers in, add Hooked, keep Diamond lounge where it is, keep champagne bar. 

Excited to finally see Mamma Mia! 

Looking forward to being on Allure very soon.  For us, it's a plus that the ship doesn't have some of what the newer or amplified ships have.  We aren't at all interested in a lot of what is on a ship now.  For us, it's dining, shows, music and bars, excursions (if the ports are interesting or we haven't already been there).  

17 minutes ago, Xaa said:

Worst?  That's like deciding on the worst brick of gold.  Some might prefer all other Oasis Class over her while others might place her at the top of their list.  I think it's seldom that someone sails her and has the feeling they are on the worst of anything.

Indeed. If you like spending time in the Diamond lounge, maybe Allure is the best Oasis-class ship.

I will be on Allure in a month for the second time and in Jan for my third. I see nothing wrong with any of the Oasis class ships, they are unique in their own way.

Now about Cats.......it still haunts me; I will randomly ponder why at the most awkward of times. Like I was literally thinking yesterday why they thought 5min of the performers kicking their legs every which way without lyrics in the music, would be entertaining 🤔

As Allure is the original configuration, and not as many toys as the newer ships, it seems there was a lower percentage of families with children sailing on-board the times we sailed.  This is NOT a quantitive assessment, but didn't seem as crazy as Wonder, Symphony, Oasis....  Could be the times we sailed, but seemed tamer.  Not sure if others have this subjective observation.  

I hope they leave Allure alone, I like the ship as is.  

It is so easy to forget what the original Oasis of the Seas was like prior to her amplification that is until you get on Allure. I for one enjoy the contrast having that one Oasis Class ship that stands alone and is representative of the original class of ship design.  For those who want all the toys and slides they can choose from 5 other Oasis Class ships and for those who want an Oasis Class experience on the original design they have Allure.

Royal leave Allure as is.  Do not amplify this ship, the ship is great just as it is in its original design. 

On 9/12/2023 at 7:57 PM, Brando95 said:

I'd say it has the best Diamond Lounge location of any of the Oasis class

Just got off Allure, our cabin was on 10, the walk to the stairs wasn't very far and I had to only go up one to get to the DL. This was our fifth cruise on Allure but the first as Diamond...I thought the lounge was on deck 4 on previous cruises so I am wondering if they moved it recently.

We have done 3 of the Oasis class, Allure, Symphony and Wonder. For me the best overall is Symphony because it has some of the upgrades, I like the slides etc, and we are going back on her for a 2nd time in January. That said, having sailed on Allure 5 times there is a lot I do like about the ship and my wife is a huge fan of Mama Mia. As for the shows overall, I think the shows on Allure have been some of better ones.

Our most recent cruise on Allure was our first on her as Diamond and that lounge was awesome compared to some of the others.

She is showing her age but mainly in areas that cannot be addressed during continuous sailing. We were on one of the last sailings before her scheduled amp but Covid canceled that so all they did was basically maintenance and cosmetic. Some of what they were going to do will be good like changing Sabor to Playmakers. But I will be sad that I can't pop in and get my Cherry Garcia when they take out that shop.

5 hours ago, Mike n Ky said:

Just got off Allure, our cabin was on 10, the walk to the stairs wasn't very far and I had to only go up one to get to the DL. This was our fifth cruise on Allure but the first as Diamond...I thought the lounge was on deck 4 on previous cruises so I am wondering if they moved it recently.

Oasis and Allure both had the Diamond Lounge on Deck 11.  When they designed the next Oasis class ships they relocated the lounge to Deck 4.

When Oasis got amped in 2019, they moved the Diamond Lounge to Deck 4, converting the existing comedy club to the Diamond Lounge and started having the comedy shows across the way at the night club. The plan was to do the same with Allure in her schedule amplification, but of course that was a casualty of the pandemic and thus the Diamond Lounge on Allure was never moved.

We get back aboard Allure in another week and cannot wait. We were apprehensive on sailing on an Oasis class ship but since that was the only 7 night option out of Galveston we bit the bullet and we have enjoyed it. The location of the Diamond Lounge is fantastic and I use it during the day for "remote" work as it is quiet and I have the coffee machine pretty much to myself. Mamma Mia is fantastic and we have been through two sets of cast. We are looking forward to sailing on Harmony in November but Allure has never been boring and we find new things to do on each cruise. When she leaves the end of October we will have sailed on her 8 times.