Hanky Panky on Balcony

Censored

Vacation, swimsuits, warm weather, and free-flowing alcohol. It doesn’t take much of an imagination to understand why a cruise makes seemingly every couple become overtaken with the urge to have a little hanky-panky on the balcony.  Who wants to admit doing this? And is it really allowed? Love to read a few stories on this!

43 minutes ago, Censored said:

...every couple become overtaken with the urge to have a little hanky-panky on the balcony.  Who wants to admit doing this?

Is this even real?

So out of all the experienced cruisers here, who personally has gone out onto their balcony and actually witnessed this 'hanky panky' going on?

51 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Is this even real?

So out of all the experienced cruisers here, who personally has gone out onto their balcony and actually witnessed this 'hanky panky' going on?

If you ever go see the love and marriage show while on the cruise it is pretty easy to extrapolate that about half of the couples partake in this recreational activity.  My math is based on usually one to two couples (or at least one half of the couples) state "on the cruise ship balcony" during the show. 

I only feel bad for those folks that have to deal with the audience not only in the theater but that are out on the balcony in Central Park rooms on the Oasis class ships! 🤣

30 minutes ago, AndyPandy said:

🙂 Smile your on CCTV and it can get boring on the bridge at night. 

The closed circuit cameras are pointed down the longitudinal axis of the ship, not pointing into the balconies of themselves

So long as one is cognizant of positioning, privacy can be very easily maintained

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Is this even real?

I have not witnessed this, but as a gambler I will wager $1,000 that this is real. On every single cruise. 

12 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

The close circuit cameras are pointed down the longitudinal axis of the ship, not pointing into the balconies of themselves

This is true, but if your cabin is forward closer to the bridge , you might get caught. Years ago my wife got caught sneaking a puff on the balcony. An officer knocked on our door with a warning, and that was the end of that. Now if were something else?..... I dunno. Maybe they take their binoculars out and enjoy the show?

16 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

The closed circuit cameras are pointed down the longitudinal axis of the ship, not pointing into the balconies of themselves

So long as one is cognizant of positioning, privacy can be very easily maintained

The cam on our balcony was pointed to see our balcony. A towel would have fixed that problem though. Wouldn't be a pleasant experience for an adjacent family with kids to hear or peak at though, so a little discretion would be advised.

31 minutes ago, _1stTimer said:

The cam on our balcony was pointed to see our balcony. A towel would have fixed that problem though. Wouldn't be a pleasant experience for an adjacent family with kids to hear or peak at though, so a little discretion would be advised.

Interesting- I have never seen a camera on a balcony pointing in 

17 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

It actually was meant as a light hearted comment, to go with this light hearted thread, but see photo.

Cameras can rotate, and zoom in. 

and the guest there is Steven.  ( Steven Seagull).

059D90CF-68D3-4DB9-BEAE-95910056F01B.jpeg

On 1/14/2023 at 10:45 AM, Censored said:

I have not witnessed this, but as a gambler I will wager $1,000 that this is real. On every single cruise. 

That bet is easy money...I can attest that it has happened on all cruises I've been on. Some people get balconies for the the sights and sounds, others get it to watch the Submarine races...

I did some of my own "research" on a popular adult video site.  I can confirm there are a bunch of them, a few on royal ships.  I don't know why it would be an issue unless they were really loud or in port.  You're on vacation, have some fun.  I personally haven't done anything on a balcony, but have gotten to second base on the elevator once with a stranger I met at the bar.     

18 hours ago, AndyPandy said:

It actually was meant as a light hearted comment, to go with this light hearted thread, but see photo.

Cameras can rotate, and zoom in. 

and the guest there is Steven.  ( Steven Seagull).

059D90CF-68D3-4DB9-BEAE-95910056F01B.jpeg

to zoom in on a private balcony....is this legal?  I will ask the captain next meet and greet.