Jump to content

Icon-When will you book?


Va4fam
 Share

Recommended Posts

Icon looks fantastic and we are going to book a cruise with her very soon.  I typically allow a new ship to work out the new systems and the crew to become familiar before booking.  Most likely we will book in the Fall of 2024 or Winter of 2025.

How about you, how soon will you book a trip on her?  Anyone going to try for the inaugural sailing?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I booked this morning. I booked the Sky Junior Suite for a b2b and was lucky to get the same suite. The sailing dates are the last week in September and first in October. Nine months after the inaugural cruise, so pretty confident by then the growing pains will have been worked out. I like alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean for the two weeks.

**I just checked the dates…only one has a Sky Junior still available, but the price has jumped by over 30%. Supply and demand at work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Icon looks fantastic and we are going to book a cruise with her very soon.  I typically allow a new ship to work out the new systems and the crew to become familiar before booking.  Most likely we will book in the Fall of 2024 or Winter of 2025.

How about you, how soon will you book a trip on her?  Anyone going to try for the inaugural sailing?

 

 

The prices are high, new class new ship....and high demand. the biggest price differences are in the suites. prices for inside rooms compared to the same time cruise on WOS seem to be about 100 to 300 more per average person for the lowest priced room while for example a grand suite priced for 15k as opposed to the same time on WOS for 7500.

Ill wait for it to be more affordable, it looks great but my budget can bring me more on other ships. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Mike6453 said:

The prices are high, new class new ship....and high demand. the biggest price differences are in the suites. prices for inside rooms compared to the same time cruise on WOS seem to be about 100 to 300 more per average person for the lowest priced room while for example a grand suite priced for 15k as opposed to the same time on WOS for 7500.

Ill wait for it to be more affordable, it looks great but my budget can bring me more on other ships. 

Yeah, if you're not doing a suite I think it'll be worth the money by Fall 2024 or 2025. Suites, however... not sure when those prices will drop to sane levels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, GKMCruising said:

Yeah, if you're not doing a suite I think it'll be worth the money by Fall 2024 or 2025. Suites, however... not sure when those prices will drop to sane levels.

I'd love to do a suite on Icon. The second restaurant (Mediterranean) looks interesting, but agreed that prices need to come down. I'd book connecting balconies for 2025. Great looking ship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m hopefully getting 3 balconies on hold until tomorrow for May 18, 2024. Was trying to do it myself this morning and was going to transfer reservation to sharla but ended up just turning it all over to her. Back and forth over infinite balcony versus regular versus large. We have one in our party that’s prone to sea sickness so trying to stay deck 9 or lower but decks 6 and 7 are for 3/4 people. 

Prices are about $750 per person higher than our sailing on Wonder (her 3rd sailing). 

We’re newly minted Diamond Plus so no more drink packages for us and possibly no more internet packages either. That’s cash to put towards cabin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Booked the inaugural! 

Our last inaugural was Oasis in 2009 and she was the biggest and brightest back then. Thought it was fitting that we do the Icon inaugural too.

Very exciting for you @Lovetocruise2002......what are some fun things that happen on inaugural sailing compared to a regular one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, berkeleykel said:

I will book when it (pretty please) comes to the Med. Not flying 8+ hours with kids for a cruise. Unless I can get a steal of a price on the Ultimate Family Townhouse at some point, which might be worth flying to Miami for.
 

I think I have a better chance of Icon spending a summer in the Med. 

Probably the next icon class ship. Not this one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Did your mom spend more of your inheritance on the inaugural to stay in the suites neighborhood of Icon?

You know it! 😂 Group cruise too... 😆

I'm going to get to enjoy it one way or another, so can't really complain.  Wish I could convince her to fly..but nope, gotta foot the bill for the group Navi cruise and the Panama Canal cruise myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

You know it! 😂 Group cruise too... 😆

I'm going to get to enjoy it one way or another, so can't really complain.  Wish I could convince her to fly..but nope, gotta foot the bill for the group Navi cruise and the Panama Canal cruise myself.

Even though I talked crap about Icon not being for me, that inaugural is right around the time I typically sail. I am on the fence between Icon and Wonder......I just hate MCO. It would definitely be nice to see you all again. I thought your mom was hilarious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Even though I talked crap about Icon not being for me, that inaugural is right around the time I typically sail. I am on the fence between Icon and Wonder......I just hate MCO. 

Throw down a deposit on a refundable rate and make your decision later.  YOLO 😇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got my March 23rd booking, 3 ppl in panoramic vew room, 2 ppl in balcony room, and other 4 ppl in 2 ocean view rooms at the front of the boat. All of this was for at around 16k. Do you think that is a good deal? Also what do u think of the front facing ocean view windows? Are they cool if someone has tried them before?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, JuanF said:

Got my March 23rd booking, 3 ppl in panoramic vew room, 2 ppl in balcony room, and other 4 ppl in 2 ocean view rooms at the front of the boat. All of this was for at around 16k. Do you think that is a good deal? Also what do u think of the front facing ocean view windows? Are they cool if someone has tried them before?

I think  $254 PP/Day is pretty good for this ship right now.  Nice job!  Have a great time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2022 at 12:04 PM, CrimsonCruiser said:

Probably in like...5+ years from now when there's 2 more ships in the class and the flagship one isn't as shiny, new or expensive anymore Lol

 

#notbitter #totallyokay #neveroneofthecoolkids

I don't know if it will be 5 years but definitely after the next Icon class launches.  Until then, I'll have my choice of other perfectly adequate Oasis and Quantum class ships if I want that big ship experience and Freedom and Voyager class ships that are nothing to sneeze at either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...