Icon-When will you book?

Va4fam

I'm planning a big trip taking in the USA & Europe in 2025, and intending on using the Oasis Class Eastbound TA to get from the US to Europe, so I'll be unable to book until the dates for the TA's are released. The 2024's haven't even been released yet so hopefully that gives some time for the prices to go down.

My cruises for 2023 are already booked.   So will be looking at Icon for 2024 or later.  Have not booked yet as waiting for the Europe 2024 cruises to be announced.  Would like to book 2 Europe cruises first, then I fill in with Caribbean cruises.   I am anxious to see the Icon though.  Have Wonder booked for next year and looking forward to seeing her also.

Booked xmas 2024. Our older one will be in university then so stuck to holiday time as we have limited dates (avoiding summer now too), but really want to take both of our kids on this ship while they will still travel with us.  Super pricey, even for an interior (at least we have a window) as it's the newest ship + holiday cruise, but can't wait.  Ship looks amazing!

13 hours ago, Linda R said:

My cruises for 2023 are already booked.   So will be looking at Icon for 2024 or later.  Have not booked yet as waiting for the Europe 2024 cruises to be announced.  Would like to book 2 Europe cruises first, then I fill in with Caribbean cruises.   I am anxious to see the Icon though.  Have Wonder booked for next year and looking forward to seeing her also.

This is kind of like us, except the opposite way around. We were thinking of doing Panama Canal in 2024. I have an open booking purchased recently on Anthem; I have until the 2nd of December to convert it and still qualify for the OBC, so I'm holding off to see what else might be announced by then before making a decision.

11 hours ago, asquared17 said:

all these posts have me making ghost bookings on icon just to see what could be 😅

Watch out! After stating affirmatively two days ago I was NOT going to book this ship for the foreseeable future, I kept peeking at prices and room options just for fun...now booked for Aug 2024 in adjoining Surfside Family Suites.  The 99 GBP pp deposit for UK bookings was too tempting.

I'm really not thrilled with the lack of an ocean view, but for families who want Sky level suites and some separation between kids and parents without paying $20k+, this seems to be one of the best options (assuming the balconies can open so we can treat them like connecting rooms, which I think is a pretty safe assumption).  Adjoining Sky junior suites would have had the benefit of being located in the suite neighbourhood, but there are so few of those and they were already sold out for the dates I could do.  I think the kids at least will probably like the surfside view.

I decided to do a mock booking to see how it compared with our upcoming sailing on the Celebrity Beyond in January.  The Beyond is also brand new but obviously isn't the size of, nor have all the family bells and whistles as, the Beyond.

I chose a Jan 2025 sailing as I thought it was a fair comparison.  On Beyond we have a IV so I chose an ocean view IV cabin.  My Beyond sailing was $ 3,878 and includes the Premium Drink Package, Gratuities, Surf (slow) Internet & $300 OBC.  The price on Icon was $1600 more and did not include any internet or drink package.  I think I'll stick with X or the older RC ships for now thank you.

11 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

We booked same for august 3. Infiltrating suite neighborhood and sky class. holla! 

11 hours ago, newcruiser215 said:

We booked a Sky Junior Suite for the July 6th sailing. I'm glad we booked on Monday since rates have increased since then. 

oh please, please let us know how the sky junior suite is!! that would be our ultimate dream so i am happy to know there are friends who will be paving the way for us!! 😍

Booked for Presidents Week February 2024 - only about a month after the inaugural sailing ... so figure won't have all the kinks worked out but hopefully some/most of them. Excited to sail such a new ship and will be fun seeing all the info come out over time for it

Was excited they have the new family rooms that sleep up to 6 - as a family of 5, the options in the past were a bit limited

I was not going to book since the prices are so high, however, I randomly noticed that the aft balcony cabins became available, so I decided to move forward (figured those would be gone right away - sure enough, they'll all gone now). I booked cabin number 14756 for March of 2024. I then noticed yesterday that the price dropped by $100, so called and got a price adjustment. The rep was also able to apply the $50 SAILAWAY promo code. Still crazy expensive, but glad I was able to save a bit of money. Only 499 days to go! Lol!

We are now officially booked as of Tuesday. April 20, 2024. Sharla got us a group rate and with our D+ discount came to $3280 with refundable deposit. Ocean balcony 

$200 less than the 3rd sailing of Wonder back last March. 

Only problem is I now have a big gap between our May Wonder and April Icon. Need to find something for October 2023 😂. Must cruise every 6 months or I get very crabby! 

Still hoping to book Norwegian fjords for summer 2024 and anxiously awaiting the release of those dates. Just can’t decide between Anthem or Jewel. First world problems 

I have a "hold" on an Icon Loft (SC) for 12-7-24.

It's notable that the required down payment for this cruise is $1200 which is completely non-refundable. There is a $100 PP penalty for transferring the reservation but if you cancel outright, it will cost you the whole $1200.  YIKES !

I have a week to pay the down payment.  Quite a decision...

34 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It's notable that the required down payment for this cruise is $1200 which is completely non-refundable. There is a $100 PP penalty for transferring the reservation but if you cancel outright, it will cost you the whole $1200.  YIKES !

Oh just book it...LOL...you know you want to!! 🤣   Had my anniversary fell during that week...I would have perhaps had a chance to meet you!!  😆

18 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Oh just book it...LOL...you know you want to!! 🤣   Had my anniversary fell during that week...I would have perhaps had a chance to meet you!!  😆

You bet I want to !!  ...but we have yet to cruise since the re-start on ANY ship so prudence tells me to wait until I know it's "safe" and then book something that extreme !  

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yeah, SC on Icon requires a $600pp deposit....

I think it will be a while before I try SC on Icon. I cannot justify the pricing for it. You should do the inaugural with us.

• 2 weeks later...