Anyone not canceling their cruise?

3 minutes ago, Relasky28 said:

Just curious on people’s thoughts on not canceling their up coming cruises! Still plan on going next Sunday... I hope anyways! 

Stay safe

Ryan 

We're still planning on going on our Freedom cruise on March 22. The entire family is health (cross our fingers it continues), so no concerns for us.

Supposed to sail Apr. 04. We have adopted the wait and see philosophy.  Too many unknowns. My wife is a nurse and faces potential self-quarantine upon return, which would force our hand. With the way things are developing with reaction, its looking like EVERYTHING is being canceled.  Princess and Viking have suspended operations.....sneaking suspicion is others will follow suit. 

7 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

Supposed to sail Apr. 04. We have adopted the wait and see philosophy.  Too many unknowns. My wife is a nurse and faces potential self-quarantine upon return, which would force our hand. With the way things are developing with reaction, its looking like EVERYTHING is being canceled.  Princess and Viking have suspended operations.....sneaking suspicion is others will follow suit. 

See I think only those will close down.. Princess has a PR nightmare and their guests are mostly elderly.. Viking sails mostly in Europe so that makes sense.. 

@Relasky28, not only am I #stillgoing I have just booked another sailing. So I trust my gut and in addition to my 3 previous sailings 28 June 20 Harmony, 03 August 20 Mariner, 01 August 20 Allure and I just booked 20 November 20 Odyssey I have faith in RCCL we won't sail if it isn't safe and I have been stalking that Thanksgiving sailing since forever. Personally using good judgement and trying to keep the hysteria out of my life and yes I am (OLD) Be safe everyone, happy sailing!!

I'm still planning on Liberty at the end of May, but will re-evaluate the week prior.  

Worst case scenario: we get quarantined and use up all of my vacation causing me to miss my big family cruise in November. (I'm not really concerned about the virus itself)

13 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@Relasky28, not only am I #stillgoing I have just booked another sailing. So I trust my gut and in addition to my 3 previous sailings 28 June 20 Harmony, 03 August 20 Mariner, 01 August 20 Allure and I just booked 20 November 20 Odyssey I have faith in RCCL we won't sail if it isn't safe and I have been stalking that Thanksgiving sailing since forever. Personally using good judgement and trying to keep the hysteria out of my life and yes I am (OLD) Be safe everyone, happy sailing!!

That's the spirit !!!

Booked on Navigator sailing 4/6.  I'm assuming one of two things will happen that will prevent us from cruising:

1. Our kids school district picks up the new local trend of requiring any kids that leave the country to take a 14 day admin leave from school.

2. Royal Caribbean will follow in Viking and Princesses footsteps and shut down operations for a period of time.

Case 1 will probably lead to us using "Cruise with Confidence" to get a future credit.

Case 2 may lead to a complete refund of the trip, so we'll wait and see since we'd prefer that.

We'll hold out until one or the other happens, if not, we may still consider the "social distancing" strategy to slow the spread of the virus and cancel the cruise ourselves.  None of us are in high risk groups and we've got a good chance of staying safe with precautions.  But I think we'll also have to consider the possibility of inadvertently spreading the virus and the stigma of traveling when the guidance is social distancing for the good of the rest of the US and people in high risk categories.  We, like most, were really looking forward to the trip and that makes me lean towards "I'm going no matter what , we'll be fine" but I think we need to consider the big picture and what's best for everyone.  I also reserve the right to change my mind again based on how the next few weeks go.  Guess we'll see...

4 minutes ago, Hutcherl said:

8-3-20 Independence sailing is hopefully far enough out that we will have a handle on this virus.  Hoping there’s truth that the virus doesn’t like warm temps. and humidity.  

Did you hear that from NCL?...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/finance-companies/norwegian-cruise-line-managers-urged-salespeople-to-spread-falsehoods-about-coronavirus/ar-BB115f3c

5 minutes ago, TheSteveK said:

#stillgoing but my cruise sails this Sunday and I'm terrified RCCL may end up hitting the panic button, most likely while I'm en route.

That is my fear as well.  I am going to call them first thing in the morning, because they need to tell me before I get started traveling to the port. 

It's such a hard decision for my family at the moment. My husband's thoughts are "We'll be fine. The media is blowing it out of proportion." However, I'm thinking I'd rather play it safe since we're bringing our two daughters (our youngest is six and sucks her thumb?). We are supposed to cruise on Harmony April 19th. Thank God we have time to wait it out and see what happens in the upcoming weeks.  

Still planning on sailing May 3 on Harmony. Worried about getting quarantined on a ship with our 3 kids all under 12 years old....but I am not going to live in fear. We are all young and healthy so hopefully it will be fine. I wish that Royal would issue a full refund vs future cruise credit if THEY cancel the sailings.  

We sailed on Anthem the week after it had it's 3 day quarantine last month, and I didn't hesitate or worry about it.  We don't have anything else scheduled until Ovation out of Seattle in August.  If the ship sails, we will be on it.  This media driven over blown panic is ridiculous, and the immediate and future economic ripple effects are going to be severe and long lasting.  People need to take some extra precautions, turn off the news and stay off social media.  If you are elderly or are in a high risk group, then yes, stay out of public places for a while until it clears up.  Normal, healthy people do not need to go into panicked hiding.  End rant.

We have a 24 April sailing on the Grandeur going to Bermuda for 2 nights. 

We are waiting until 17 April to make the big decision unless it is made for us. 

Seeing how we are 79, in relative good health and if we need to make the decision ourselves we will probably defer to what the CDC is recommending, take the FCC and rebook for 2021.

That is unless things improve drastically.