Untouchables on MDR menu

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Matt 's "perfect" MDR menu:  

Escargots!!!! MY GOD, DO NOT THINK ABOUT TOUCHING THE ESCARGOTS!!!!!   EDIT: Unless there's actually a way to make them better. I mean, this is the head chef who actually made Sorrento's piz

Savory bites.  Oh wait....

Posted Images

3 hours ago, marti314 said:

I have to agree here.  7 night cruises, french onion EVERY night, that thick chunk of cheese is just amazing.

16 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

And oh so much better for you than the 8 tablespoons of butter on the escargots. 😁😂

I see people are concerned about thick cuts of cheese and copious amounts of butter, but nobody is talking about all the calories consumed from the deluxe beverage package. HMM? 🤔 

3 minutes ago, FManke said:

I see people are concerned about thick cuts of cheese and copious amounts of butter, but nobody is talking about all the calories consumed from the deluxe beverage package. HMM? 🤔 

I think my 10+ whiskey on the rocks per day is still only about half the caloric intake of the French onion, thank you very much 

19 minutes ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

I think my 10+ whiskey on the rocks per day is still only about half the caloric intake of the French onion, thank you very much 

And my morning Bloody Mary, mid-day and post-lunch margaritas, 2 glasses of wine with dinner, and Baileys on the rocks with espresso shot don't hold a candle to that butter or cheese! 😁

On 7/30/2020 at 6:11 PM, JLMoran said:

Escargots!!!! MY GOD, DO NOT THINK ABOUT TOUCHING THE ESCARGOTS!!!!!

EDIT: Unless there's actually a way to make them better. I mean, this is the head chef who actually made Sorrento's pizza fairly decent. Imagine what he can do with something that's already at the level of "OMG!"

I enjoy Royal Caribbean's escargot, but it would be so much better if they added more fresh parsley.

On 7/30/2020 at 2:48 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Lamb shank (for Dan)

I had Lamb Shank for the first time ever on Vision last fall.  

I'm pretty unimaginative when it comes to eating, so I asked our waiter to choose something for me, and he recommended it.  I'm glad he did because it was awesome.  He brought another out for me without even asking because I ate the first one so quickly. 🙂 

As a butcher for 30+ years, I've sold a ton of lamb shanks but never thought about eating one before this.

• 2 weeks later...

Although there are a lot of things on the MDR menu I enjoy, one of the things I like most about it is the chance to try something I don't eat at home. I always try something I haven't or wouldn't normally eat at home. Whether it is an appetizer, salad or entrée. Being that the food is already paid for, I don't feel like it's a waste of money to try something I might not like.  

On 8/20/2020 at 9:43 AM, FManke said:

Although there are a lot of things on the MDR menu I enjoy, one of the things I like most about it is the chance to try something I don't eat at home. I always try something I haven't or wouldn't normally eat at home. Whether it is an appetizer, salad or entrée. Being that the food is already paid for, I don't feel like it's a waste of money to try something I might not like.  

Yes! Completely agree. I am a much more adventurous eater while on vacation! 🙂

On 8/20/2020 at 8:43 AM, FManke said:

This is how I grew to love a Lamb Shank, Lamb Chops and something for dessert lol 

15 minutes ago, Pooch said:

At my house, making sauce is an all day affair and made in a 16 qt stock pot!

Glad to know I'm not the only one! 😁

Now the real question? Fresh or canned plum tomatoes? If you say fresh, then you've got me beat by a country mile!

Nope, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, onions, salt pork, ground sausage, sausage links, ground pork, hamburg, chicken thighs, short ribs, meatballs, salt, pepper, oregano and basil 

and if my brother is in town (taking him on his first cruise in March!) it’s 2 pots!

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Ok neither of those jarred things are bolognese and ragu is barely sauce.  So maybe not.  At my house, making sauce is an all day affair and made in a 16 qt stock pot!

I didn't say they WERE Bolognese, but the fact is that RCL's Bolognese really isn't anything special, IMO.