WannaCruise

Even when cruising resumes....

I'm of the type who wants to go once it's up and running ( after a small grace period to make sure they dont take 3 steps back). But my husband does keep mentioning what scares him is being quarantined because 1 person is sick of 6000 passengers. 

Juat want this all to be over.

Work in healthcare and I'm getting more depressed by the day...

I know personally I won’t be cruising until a vaccine is out. Therefore I will be eyeing an October 2021 cruise as the earliest possibility that will coincide with getting time off. As long as me and mine are safe I will gladly enjoy cruising. 

I go see my grandmother every week I could never go on a cruise knowing I possibly could put her in jeopardy. And it’s not just the cruise obviously. It’s the plane ride to Florida or Texas as well. 

Fun times will resume. And I can certainly wait till that happens. 

1 hour ago, J-Fitz said:

I go see my grandmother every week I could never go on a cruise knowing I possibly could put her in jeopardy. And it’s not just the cruise obviously. It’s the plane ride to Florida or Texas as well. 

God forbid, but how do you know you wouldn't spread a future Covid virus to your grandmother from visiting the local grocery store, movie theatre or sporting event?

It's not just contracted on airplanes and cruise ships.

2 hours ago, FManke said:

God forbid, but how do you know you wouldn't spread a future Covid virus to your grandmother from visiting the local grocery store, movie theatre or sporting event?

It's not just contracted on airplanes and cruise ships.

I can limit my interactions with people and mitigate my chances of getting Covid-19 at the local grocery store with proper measures. I will definitely not being going to a sporting event or the movie theatre anytime soon I can surely tell you that. Luckily they pushed back all the good releases so I won’t be missing much anyway.

I also unfortunately won’t be seeing her for months anyway considering what is going on. I had a cruise planned May 24th. Even if somehow it wasn’t cancelled no way I would be going on it. 

The hope is by the end of 2020 we have a vaccine and things can start to get back to normal. Until then we wait. 

25 minutes ago, J-Fitz said:

I had a cruise planned May 24th. Even if somehow it wasn’t cancelled no way I would be going on it. 

The hope is by the end of 2020 we have a vaccine and things can start to get back to normal. Until then we wait. 

We're all having to make very difficult, very personal decisions, and honestly, I don't think there's a wrong way to approach this, as long as you're making the most informed, conscious decision for yourself and those in your life.

I certainly don't fault the people who, like you, are deciding not to cruise...and I certainly can't blame the people who *will* decide to cruise if their cruise goes ahead. I'm one of those people, and I know I will be taking the utmost precautions while aboard, and I'm going to be very thankful for the aft balcony that I'll have. Between now and then, since I'm on work-from-home status for what is likely a very long stretch through the end of the year, I'm being very conscious of where I go and how I interact with the people and environment when I get there. And 99.4% of the time, it'll be the grocery store, and only with an "attack plan" -- list, awareness of what aisles everything is in, and self-scan app on my phone ready so I can immediately bag things and then go to self-checkout and do contactless payment.

I'm making the decision to cruise if I'm able for the sake of my mental health...but if anyone or anything gives me any indication that it is a very obvious risk, I will not hesitate to cancel. 

I wish you and everyone the best of luck in all of this!

18 minutes ago, Chadster said:

We're all having to make very difficult, very personal decisions, and honestly, I don't think there's a wrong way to approach this, as long as you're making the most informed, conscious decision for yourself and those in your life.

I certainly don't fault the people who, like you, are deciding not to cruise...and I certainly can't blame the people who *will* decide to cruise if their cruise goes ahead. I'm one of those people, and I know I will be taking the utmost precautions while aboard, and I'm going to be very thankful for the aft balcony that I'll have. Between now and then, since I'm on work-from-home status for what is likely a very long stretch through the end of the year, I'm being very conscious of where I go and how I interact with the people and environment when I get there. And 99.4% of the time, it'll be the grocery store, and only with an "attack plan" -- list, awareness of what aisles everything is in, and self-scan app on my phone ready so I can immediately bag things and then go to self-checkout and do contactless payment.

I'm making the decision to cruise if I'm able for the sake of my mental health...but if anyone or anything gives me any indication that it is a very obvious risk, I will not hesitate to cancel. 

I wish you and everyone the best of luck in all of this!

I just hope everyone is safe. For those who will be cruising when the cruise lines come back I truly hope the best. I’ll be watching all the videos anticipating my turn. 

Me and my girlfriend are extremely disappointed we can’t go on our first cruise. Such a bummer. I do eagerly look forward to when we can go again for sure though. 

On 3/30/2020 at 7:17 PM, Ampurp85 said:

Those people who have stigmatized cruising are living in either stupidity or ignorance*. I guess the idea of being with the same people in a moving unit brings the idea of recycling germs. But it almost no different from any other type of vacation....in fact it is better. It is much easier to pinpoint any sort of outbreak on a ship. Hundreds of thousands of people can visit an amusement park like Disney or Universal each day.  The same can be said for museums, hot spots in foreign countries and airplanes. How often are these places cleaned thoroughly? Look at the current rate of infection in the US or any country. The only issue is with the ships inability to handle such a huge thing like an influx of people with a illness.  If employers chose to force quarantines or places restrictions on cruise vacations, they would have to place those same restrictions on a lot more options.

*I am in no way calling you fine folks stupid. Ignorance is literally a lack of knowledge, while stupidity is people who know the cruise industry had nothing to do with COVID-19 but even with all the information still choose to blame it.

👏👏👏👏👏👏