Royal Caribbean Blog

Anyone not canceling their cruise?

It's such a hard decision for my family at the moment. My husband's thoughts are "We'll be fine. The media is blowing it out of proportion." However, I'm thinking I'd rather play it safe since we're bringing our two daughters (our youngest is six and sucks her thumbūüėü). We are supposed to cruise on Harmony April 19th. Thank God¬†we have time to wait it out and see what happens in the upcoming weeks. ¬†

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Can't wait till all these threads are buried deep in the boards and we are all discussing which excursions are the best, wether paying for the upgrade cabin is worth it, and should dress code being

We are driving to the ship now! 10 day on serenade! Can’t wait

According to my account, I sail in 3 days! I better get packed! 

Posted Images

Still planning on sailing May 3 on Harmony. Worried about getting quarantined on a ship with our 3 kids all under 12 years old....but I am not going to live in fear. We are all young and healthy so hopefully it will be fine. I wish that Royal would issue a full refund vs future cruise credit if THEY cancel the sailings.  

We sailed on Anthem the week after it had it's 3 day quarantine last month, and I didn't hesitate or worry about it.  We don't have anything else scheduled until Ovation out of Seattle in August.  If the ship sails, we will be on it.  This media driven over blown panic is ridiculous, and the immediate and future economic ripple effects are going to be severe and long lasting.  People need to take some extra precautions, turn off the news and stay off social media.  If you are elderly or are in a high risk group, then yes, stay out of public places for a while until it clears up.  Normal, healthy people do not need to go into panicked hiding.  End rant.

We have a 24 April sailing on the Grandeur going to Bermuda for 2 nights. 

We are waiting until 17 April to make the big decision unless it is made for us. 

Seeing how we are 79, in relative good health and if we need to make the decision ourselves we will probably defer to what the CDC is recommending, take the FCC and rebook for 2021.

That is unless things improve drastically.

3 hours ago, SteveinSC said:

Supposed to sail Apr. 04. We have adopted the wait and see philosophy.  Too many unknowns. My wife is a nurse and faces potential self-quarantine upon return, which would force our hand. With the way things are developing with reaction, its looking like EVERYTHING is being canceled.  Princess and Viking have suspended operations.....sneaking suspicion is others will follow suit. 

We're 2 May on Symphony. I'm a nurse with same work quarantine situation right now. Our entire hospital system is doing this for any employee who returns from a cruise until further notice. Hopefully with more info over time, things will calm down and these restrictions will lessen.

1 hour ago, constable145 said:

I'm not cruising until May 10th. I will not cancel until May 8th.

You'll want to cancel on the 7th if you decide to not go. The deadlines for cancellation are 48 hours before THE DAY OF TRAVEL - that's midnight Thursday for your Sunday afternoon departure.

Evidently no one on our sailing that planned on the Beach Club is cancelling - the price went up to $250 pp instead of $199 (and it's previous low of ~50).

To answer for us, though - we will be on it if they let us (April 4th on Symphony). Seeing all of these other cruise lines suspend operations really makes me wonder if we'll be given the opportunity, though.