Jump to content

Anyone not canceling their cruise?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, SteveinSC said:

Supposed to sail Apr. 04. We have adopted the wait and see philosophy.  Too many unknowns. My wife is a nurse and faces potential self-quarantine upon return, which would force our hand. With the way things are developing with reaction, its looking like EVERYTHING is being canceled.  Princess and Viking have suspended operations.....sneaking suspicion is others will follow suit. 

We're 2 May on Symphony. I'm a nurse with same work quarantine situation right now. Our entire hospital system is doing this for any employee who returns from a cruise until further notice. Hopefully with more info over time, things will calm down and these restrictions will lessen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, constable145 said:

I'm not cruising until May 10th. I will not cancel until May 8th.

You'll want to cancel on the 7th if you decide to not go. The deadlines for cancellation are 48 hours before THE DAY OF TRAVEL - that's midnight Thursday for your Sunday afternoon departure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Evidently no one on our sailing that planned on the Beach Club is cancelling - the price went up to $250 pp instead of $199 (and it's previous low of ~50).

To answer for us, though - we will be on it if they let us (April 4th on Symphony). Seeing all of these other cruise lines suspend operations really makes me wonder if we'll be given the opportunity, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are still going on our FOS sailing in May. I hate to say it but my excitement for our cruise is gone at this time. May is a long time away and things are changing daily. I'm not  worried about us since we are not high risk.  My concern would be bringing it home to someone that is high risk.  Praying for normalcy soon.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, ebeck88 said:

Driving down to Florida in 15 minutes for our sailing on the 14th.  Pretty sure it’ll be cancelled by the time we get down there.  This reaction to this is extraordinary and stupid.  Oh well, I like long drives, might get to do both legs back to back

Best of luck.  Great attitude

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are scheduled for Celebrity on Mar 23 and would like to go, knowing for us the risk is acceptable. What will likely sink us is the fact of someone else not physically able or another person that may break protocol and cause the ship to become the Flying Dutchman, cruising to no where, out of our control. That is really the deciding factor at this point, sorry to say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have a 24 April sailing on the Grandeur going to Bermuda for 2 nights. 

We are waiting until 17 April to make the big decision unless it is made for us. 

Seeing how we are 79, in relative good health and if we need to make the decision ourselves we will probably defer to what the CDC is recommending, take the FCC and rebook for 2021.

That is unless things improve drastically.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am considering cancelling my April 26th sailing on Harmony because I am booked on the cruise with my mother who is in her 60’s which is considered to be a high risk age and because there is some health problems on both sides of my family & I also have cats. If my mom and I go on the cruise we do not want to be Quarantined for 2 weeks on the ship when we return to Port Canaveral because then we don’t know who will care for our cats for a total of 3 weeks that’s including the 1 week of cruising & a possibility of guest & crew on the ship being Quarantined for an additional 2 weeks when we return to Florida after the cruise & also both of my mother’s job will be at stake if we take the cruise and possible be Quarantined for 2 weeks on the ship after return to port Canaveral.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no intention of cancelling Indy on 4/4... Being that it leaves from Ft. Lauderdale and they had a couple shore workers test positive over by where Princess berths there's a possibility of the port following Baltimore's lead and shutting down. Then we have the distinct possibility that RCL may be pressured into following Princess lead... So though not intended it may come to being forced into a cancel situation... 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, deep1 said:

I have no intention of cancelling Indy on 4/4... Being that it leaves from Ft. Lauderdale and they had a couple shore workers test positive over by where Princess berths there's a possibility of the port following Baltimore's lead and shutting down. Then we have the distinct possibility that RCL may be pressured into following Princess lead... So though not intended it may come to being forced into a cancel situation... 

 

True. I feel it's a matter of time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kata said:

We have a Transatlantic on April 12.  We still debating if to cancel or not????

As its heading to europe and That has been sealed off from us... Getting home would be problematic.  Unless docked in England... 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Kata said:

We have a Transatlantic on April 12.  We still debating if to cancel or not????

I was actually trying to decide whether or not to book it today; since the ship docks in Southampton, getting home through London wouldn't be a problem -- though I can't help but think if this travel ban continues, British airports will become quite crowded.

It's an odd situation -- the flight is nearly as expensive as the cruise itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Me and my fiance have been planning our cruise for like a year now for our honeymoon in the beginning of April. Have been monitoring the situation and are really on the fence on if we should go or not. I really wanna just go. My only fear is that the ship wont be allowed to go to the ports I've been so excited about (the Bahamas) but well see how the next few weeks go. Fingers crossed for us and for every experiencing this inconvenience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chadster said:

I was actually trying to decide whether or not to book it today; since the ship docks in Southampton, getting home through London wouldn't be a problem -- though I can't help but think if this travel ban continues, British airports will become quite crowded.

It's an odd situation -- the flight is nearly as expensive as the cruise itself.

Prices are very cheap right now. My concern it's exactly that, if travel ban eventually applies to UK also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...