Jump to content
Nick D

Door Decorations

Recommended Posts

You can. Don't expect that they'll necessarily stay there.  My magnetic decorations began to walk off within 2 hours, and the white board I used on the next cruise was defaced at least 4 times a day until I finally had to give up trying to leave messages for my friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

You can. Don't expect that they'll necessarily stay there.  My magnetic decorations began to walk off within 2 hours, and the white board I used on the next cruise was defaced at least 4 times a day until I finally had to give up trying to leave messages for my friends.

Same thing happened to us on our last cruise. Won’t be leaving anything on our door again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a couple from my RC Periscopers group I’m a part of.  I actually like it because my room stands out when it’s in the middle of a long hall. I have friends who basically cover their doors with magnets, no issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're first time cruisers on the Allure in January.  I purchased the customized magnet decorations from Etsy.  The smaller ones are card stock from Amazon which I placed magnetic tape on the back.  I thought it would be a fun idea to decorate our cabin door but from what I hear these might not last long.   😢

20191118_155408_resized.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, QB7002 said:

We're first time cruisers on the Allure in January.  I purchased the customized magnet decorations from Etsy.  The smaller ones are card stock from Amazon which I placed magnetic tape on the back.  I thought it would be a fun idea to decorate our cabin door but from what I hear these might not last long.   😢

20191118_155408_resized.jpg

Looks great!  For your sake I do hope that people manage to look but not touch!  Looks like quite a bit of love and thought went into making them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first RCCL sailing and while we are super low key, coming over from DCL I could not help myself as it is a Thanksgiving sailing we are on. I purchased just a very few card stock messages (Give Thanks, I like big boats & I can not lie, a small turkey pic) & I laminated them myself, then I affixed magnetic strips to the backs. I enjoyed this DIY venture and it brought me joy when I was making them for our door this sailing. I really hope they don't vanish but if they do, well I will be prepared. As far as the white board I packed I guess I will leave that inside the stateroom. I just don't understand though, when I look at others doors I enjoy looking, I would never, ever in a million years think wow let me take that! Fingers crossed my creations will stay put the entire sailing. They truly make me smile

tom hanks turkey GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I know, right ?  Who steals stuff off of other people’s’ doors ?  I know it happens....sadly...but I just don’t get it.

Sometimes jokesters/drunksters will grab them as they pass by and stick them on other folks' doors.  I find that's usually what happens when they disappear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Sometimes jokesters/drunksters will grab them as they pass by and stick them on other folks' doors.  I find that's usually what happens when they disappear.

Unfortunately for us, someone kept writing lewd comments on our white board.  It was disappointing and we finally had to just take the white board down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I designed/printed this one for our birthdays on Freedom this August and no one messed with it!

I think the more custom the magnets are to you, the less someone else will want to steal it for their door. Much harder to say "oh IIIII bought this at the dollar store" about something that says a name or date on it. 

IMG_2580.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DDaley said:

I designed/printed this one for our birthdays on Freedom this August and no one messed with it!

I think the more custom the magnets are to you, the less someone else will want to steal it for their door. Much harder to say "oh IIIII bought this at the dollar store" about something that says a name or date on it. 

IMG_2580.jpeg

I love your sign! what program did you use to create it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 7:03 PM, QB7002 said:

We're first time cruisers on the Allure in January.  I purchased the customized magnet decorations from Etsy.  The smaller ones are card stock from Amazon which I placed magnetic tape on the back.  I thought it would be a fun idea to decorate our cabin door but from what I hear these might not last long.   😢

20191118_155408_resized.jpg

Which seller on Etsy did you use. These are great. Hope you don’t mind sharing. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery! 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...