To me this is what has made cruising less and less desirable for us average people. The greater space and benefits people are taking up beacuse they have the money to pay for it (and dont say but I have worked hard, many people work hard just in lower paying jobs) thus reducing everyone elses cruise experience. 

Seriously dedicated times for thing like florider, best seats at the theatre and especially pools shouldnt even be an option.

I am with everybody else, although it is a great perk, personally I would not want them to do it, and it's not about the "unmentionables", it is everything else. 

• My husband and I are particular about how we put our clothes away...hubby being retired military, is let's say... OCD to an nth degree.  I.E.  All of his work out clothes go in one drawer, that means shirts, shorts AND socks.  IOWs, his gym socks would not be in the drawer with his dress socks.  His work out tee shirts would not be in the drawer with his white tee shirts for his dress shirts.  His gym shorts would not be in the same drawer as his lounge pants.  He hangs up his suit and sportscoats with the shirts and ties he will be wearing that night.  The genie would not know that, so in the end he would be re-doing everything the Genie did.  It would take him longer to fix everything they unpacked than if he just unpacked it himself.
  •  I am not as bad, but I do have that same OCD when it comes to things like, sunscreen, aloe, lotion, etc. I keep those in different areas.  I do not spray on sunscreen in the bathroom and that is probably where they would leave it.  I keep hand lotion by my  bed to use right before I go to sleep and as soon as I wake up.   

Good on you for doing it, and you should at that price, but my suggestion would be ….be prepared to go:  DIDN'T we pack XYZ? and than wait for the Genie to say whether or not they recall unpacking.

We sailed on one cruise in Star Class and enjoyed it. I am sure the Genie would have unpacked our bags if we asked him. Personally I really don't care to have anyone unpack my bags. I have my own way of organizing my items and where I want them.......

Ultimately, like many things I'm sure it isn't the Genie doing the unpacking. Rather the Genie I'm sure is going to delegate the task either the Suite Attendant or another member of the housekeeping staff.

Now Celebrity is a different story. The Butler is the one that handles a majority of the personalized tasks. Want breakfast delivered in the morning, guess who is coming in and setting up. Other hand with Star class it is a member of the room service team, most of the time with a supervisor as well.

Going back to Celebrity, remember the last day talking to the Butler and made a passing joke about packing up. Without any hesitation he made the statement he'd could do the packing. Didn't take him up on the offer but is does show the willingness to do the task.

@CGTLH  Unpacking my stuff, I would pass bc of the reasons I already stated.  Packing my stuff up in the end, GO FOR IT bc all I am going to do when I get home is dump it in my laundry room and sort out what gets thrown in the washer and what goes into the dry cleaning pile.

I would also say in the end for the Genie or the passenger it takes what? 10 -- 15 mins at tops to unload your luggage.  I am sure it is not a biggie to the staff.

I wish people would stay nice and positive.  I would be sad if this turned into something like that other place.  If you sail in Star Class, enjoy the perks, you deserve them.  If you sail in the smallest inside cabin, enjoy the cruise, don't stress about what others do, say or wear.    Unless they share the drink package, then knock yourself out.

1 hour ago, MrMarc said:

I wish people would stay nice and positive.  I would be sad if this turned into something like that other place.  If you sail in Star Class, enjoy the perks, you deserve them.  If you sail in the smallest inside cabin, enjoy the cruise, don't stress about what others do, say or wear.    Unless they share the drink package, then knock yourself out.

I love that sentiment, it’s the best part of this message board and reason why so many of the CC and FB groups are useless. 
Also, I think people vastly over estimate the costs of a star class cruise during off peak times, for what they wanted for a boardwalk balcony on Oasis this thanksgiving for 4 people we were able to book a  Star Class suite for earlier November next year. 

5 hours ago, MrMarc said:

+infinity

While we cruise #gty interior, there will be a day when we will splurge.  Until that day, I want to read all about others who have made the choice to do so.

On 10/5/2019 at 10:17 AM, MikeK said:

Is this a joke?  My mouth is still hanging open!  If it is true I'm not sure the wife would want some stranger fondling her undies but then again she might like it.  This is good for a chuckle!

Heck, I'd ask for them to make little animals out of them on the bed just like the towels!  😄