Anyone know if the royal genie can arrange to have our bags unpacked and organized. I know this is more of a typical butler service and the genies are less of a butler and more of a planner. Just curious if anyone has used them for this or heard of them doing this. 

5 minutes ago, whenismynextcruise said:

There is a level of cabin where people unpack for you??? I want to travel like the 1%.....

21 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I have overheard it mentioned before.  I know they will carry your luggage up the stairs in the loft suites for you.

26 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am not sure if it has ever been done but if you look at the literature, it does somewhat imply that they could.  I have never heard of anyone actually doing this though.

Got confirmation from Sunil (our royal genie in October 12 sailing) it can be arranged. We are going to have them unpack for us while we get massages! 

36 minutes ago, Royalnewbie96 said:

Got confirmation from Sunil (our royal genie in October 12 sailing) it can be arranged. We are going to have them unpack for us while we get massages! 

Anyone else read this, shake their head, and say "wow" out loud?

While I guess it CAN be done, we have never asked for it to be done.  I am too picky about my stuff and I would not be comfortable with anyone else unpacking for me....that's just me.

If you are in a loft suite you need to make SURE that the Genie knows you want your bags taken upstairs.  If you don't say anything to them your bags will be left downstairs.  No bueno.

Personally, I’d never want some random stranger to unpack and put my stuff away.  I could see if it were your own personal butler at home who does that stuff for you all the time and knows how and where you like things, but I can’t see how a stranger putting your stuff where they think is good would be convenient.  I’d be going crazy after trying to figure out where everything was.

5 minutes ago, MikeK said:

Is this a joke?  My mouth is still hanging open!  If it is true I'm not sure the wife would want some stranger fondling her undies but then again she might like it.  This is good for a chuckle!

We are going to keep our “delicates and personal items” in a small carry on and only have them unpack our main clothes that will be hung up in the wardrobe. 

21 minutes ago, Royalnewbie96 said:

We are going to keep our “delicates and personal items” in a small carry on and only have them unpack our main clothes that will be hung up in the wardrobe. 

Just remember....your carry on is going to go through an x-ray scan. Some delicate and personal items stick out like a sore thumb. If you see the belt stop and reverse direction and security starts to gather around the screen.........

I'm also a  little confused.  Has anyone had laundry done on a cruise? They're now handling your dirty clothes. Just as a disclaimer, I  have never had anyone unpack for me but I did see it listed as a service for Celebrity and I'm pretty sure it is on most luxury lines.

2 hours ago, BB1 said:

I think people are missing a point. This is an option.  For elderly and disabled people this is a wonderful service. If someone has it as a benefit that comes with their room and they want it done. It's their vacation. Let them do as they please. It certainly doesn't  affect anyone else.

I don’t disagree that for the cost of Star Class this is not really an unreasonable request and is truly viable for some guest as you mentioned.  

My comment, jokingly, was that it doesn’t seem terribly helpful for most.  I don’t care what they touch and yes laundry gets done so they are touching everything anyway.  If the OP wanted it done so they can go do something else, the problem is they have to orient themselves to where things were placed.  I may like certain things together (socks and underclothes) or in a top drawer vs bottom drawer so aside from just finding things does it make sense to me.  Not a big deal for me, or most people, but could be frustrating.