We are on Oasis May 10th which seems to be in jeopardy but hopefully things get better in 56 days. If not we will get 125% credit and go in September. I think if we don't use it all for that cruise, which we definitely won't we can use the rest for another cruise so we use the rest to book a cruise next spring too. Hell of a deal to me. Is that how it works?

We are in the same boat (no pun intended lol). Our cruise is 6/1/2020 and the final payment is due Wednesday. I am contemplating if we should cancel or not. We have been looking forward to this for so long, my kids live in North Carolina with my ex and this was going to be our summer vacation. They have never been on a cruise. They have been watching all the youtube videos about the mariner of the seas. On the other hand, I feel guilty because here I am worrying about my vacation when some people are fighting to live. Sorry for the long post. 

We are on the SOTS on April 11th. We just barely made it. I'm excited that we were not cancelled, but I know in my heart this isn't over, and they are canceling in waves. I dont see this being better until July. With that being said, I am more saddened for all the people in and out of the cruise industry whose livelihood is on the line. We are worried about being on a ship and others are worried about rent and food. Either on a cruise or not, I'm thankful for what I have, and hope all goes well for everyone.

I am going on my first cruise June 21 on Harmony of the Seas.  I still hold out hope that things will be ok by then, but if not, well I guess we will just have to take that cruise credit and roll it forward to a different one.  I do not think I will cancel.  I am going to wait on them to cancel me and hope for some perks..=)

14 minutes ago, Cmaccullen said:

Another question is can the cruise industry survive this? I mean it is 30 days now, but lets say this goes on for another few months. Sad...

When we can cruise again the industry will need our help, I suggest we all book twice as many cruises as normal just so we can do our part...=)

1 hour ago, Matt S said:

I'm so sad.  We have never cruised and were soooooooo looking forward to this....  The way everyone talks about Harmony of the Seas....  Such a disappointment.

Hopefully you can use the FCC to sail on Harmony in the future

48 minutes ago, Cmaccullen said:

Another question is can the cruise industry survive this? I mean it is 30 days now, but lets say this goes on for another few months. Sad...

Anyone feel the cruiselines could get a government bailout like the big 3 auto makers did in 2008? #toobigtofail

Booked for Oasis July 4th, scheduled to visit Montreal for a bit before that. I wonder what the chances are at this point. Would definitely be upset to miss this one, but safety comes first.

On a much bigger note, the constant worry and uncertainty is really beginning to stress me out, and I'm far from the worst affected. It really sucks that there still isn't any light at the end of the tunnel - I don't ever remember the world being as downcast as it has been throughout the past few days.

I think that many people's mental health will be far worse affected than their physical health over the next few months, particularly if there are any lockdowns (thankfully not yet in the UK). If I get the virus, I am pretty much 100% confident that I'll be fine given my age and health but the constant doom and gloom may impact me and many others mentally.

We're going May 31st on Oasis of the Seas...  as of today, we're planning to go unless there's a government mandate against it; especially after canceling our IOS cruise last week.

2 hours ago, Cmaccullen said:

Government bail out. The cruise industry will survive this.

I have a European cruise booked for June 22. On the bright side, I called up today and saved over $400 on my cruise fare. I don’t mind having to cancel and receiving FCC as I have a cruise already booked in 2021.

The main thing stressing me out is that we booked our flights 2 weeks before we found out about coronavirus and airlines aren’t addressing flights booked after April just yet.

I also had to alert my company that I have a trip planned and they keep emailing me about my decision, but I don’t want to cancel just yet since the trip is in 3 months and anything can happen.

1 hour ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Anyone feel the cruiselines could get a government bailout like the big 3 auto makers did in 2008? #toobigtofail

Yes they will. Politicians have already discussed it. As much as I am not a fan of Trump he has mentioned the cruise lines a few times as a valued industry to the US. I believe they will be taken care of. 

OK, I'm bucking the trend here. I not only am staying on my cruise, I doubled down and took advantage of the fact people are starting to cancel. Cabins are opening up with some modest price drops, so I've asked my TA to upgrade me from my current pair of interior cabins to a pair of OV cabins. I'm moving from deck 7 to deck 3, but at least now we'll all have a nice 4-foot diameter window to look out of and have some natural daylight coming in should the worst happen and we get quarantined while at sea.

3 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I was told very doubtful as I believe they pay very little in US taxes unlike the big 3 automakers with a lot of US employees