4 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

My pet peeve is formal night pictures, every 5-10 feet being asked to take a picture. 

We have NEVER, not one time, been approached to have photos taken on any of our cruises on any night.  weird.  Maybe we just LOOK like we're gonna say NO, so they steer clear of us?  LOL  The cruise we DID get photos on was our 25th anniversary cruise and we had to approach one of the photographers and for the other one we stood in line.

3 minutes ago, JennyB said:

We have NEVER, not one time, been approached to have photos taken on any of our cruises on any night.  weird.  Maybe we just LOOK like we're gonna say NO, so they steer clear of us?  LOL  The cruise we DID get photos on was our 25th anniversary cruise and we had to approach one of the photographers and for the other one we stood in line.

We are the same way, we always have to approach them and ask, except for maybe on the pier, and the first day, we are always hit up.

Maybe we just aren't the "Pretty people".

I truly appreciate all of your feedback, it is helpful.  As far as the Schooner Bar, yeah, I get what you are saying.  But, I promise, we didn't talk the entire time, and we really enjoyed the music.  Just a few comments here and there, and I did sing along but at a respectful volume.  If he had pulled us aside, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad.  But to do it over the mic was embarrassing.  

@tiny260 and @JennyB  I promise you we are not the pretty people. Maybe we look like the tourist that will buy anything....kind of like the Life cereal commercial...give it to Mikey....showing my age.

OBTW notice the 2 of you have pics as your avatar....me nope!  That tells you how camera shy I am.

1 hour ago, JennyB said:

OHMYGOSH!  We're the uglies!?I  🤣

I have also never been approached for pictures except at the pier but I always chalked it up more to my northeastern power walking and semi RBF (resting bitch face). Those two things serve me quite well in port though! 

46 minutes ago, Cheryllacy said:

I truly appreciate all of your feedback, it is helpful.  As far as the Schooner Bar, yeah, I get what you are saying.  But, I promise, we didn't talk the entire time, and we really enjoyed the music.  Just a few comments here and there, and I did sing along but at a respectful volume.  If he had pulled us aside, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad.  But to do it over the mic was embarrassing.  

Oh YIKES calling you out over the mic is super awkward. I would have died. 

I have learned to expect poor customer service, not just on pleasure cruises, but practically any retail business or service.

Over my lifetime I have seen a decay in the attitude of the merchant or service provider from "A happy customer will come back" to "If the y don't buy it, somebody else will." You see it just about everywhere.

When I evidence GOOD customer service, I stop what I'm doing and hunt up the person's manager, owner, boss, whatever and give the person a commendation.

I can't explain why this has happened over the years, but Mike Rowe can.

4 hours ago, JennyB said:

4 hours ago, tiny260 said:

We are the same way, we always have to approach them and ask, except for maybe on the pier, and the first day, we are always hit up.

Maybe we just aren't the "Pretty people".

We hardly ever get approached either.  But I think that is because I have mastered a certain "face" to steer clear from.  Teaching teenagers can give you good practice at things like that 😉

7 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

@tiny260 and @JennyB  I promise you we are not the pretty people. Maybe we look like the tourist that will buy anything....kind of like the Life cereal commercial...give it to Mikey....showing my age.

OBTW notice the 2 of you have pics as your avatar....me nope!  That tells you how camera shy I am.

Lol...I’m not shy, just techno illiterate.  I can get the pic to load!  Jane

I suspect it has to do with the ship. We were on Vision in March and commented on the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone. We are on the Liberty now and it’s a different vibe. Not rude but rushed and just ok. Our MTD waiter and assistant are great however. 

The bartenders ignore the kids trying to fill their sofa cups in favor of guests buying drinks. There’s hardly anyone in the Windjammer to pick up used plates or pour coffee. All the selling in the promenade is a turnoff for me while the Hoof and Claw remain empty with no entertainment.

We are D+ but it seems all the special attention we used to enjoy is reserved for guests with a gold card.

Yes it is different but we still enjoy it and will continue on RCCL

While I can’t say I remember cruising back in the old days, 10 years ago, I have cruised 10 times over the last 4-5 years. With all due respect to the original poster, I cannot believe any of that story. Sorry. I can’t remember one time where I wasn’t treated as a valued guest. Oh sure, the occasional Windjamaire busperson who isn’t smiling perhaps, or the random pool bartender who looks like he just can’t pour one more drink of the day. But outright rudeness????  Nahhhhh

Service really declined once they started adding gratuity to everything instead of making the staff work for it. And with all the staff trying to sell you everything I treat it like I do the direct tv sales people in Wal-Mart and smile and tell them I already have it. (If they are trying to get you to book a specialty restaurant just smile and say you already have and thank you. They will smile back and walk away every time.) We had our expectations so high for our first Oasis class cruise on Allure, then once on board we kind of hated it. Not sure why, it just seems overly crowded and hard to get servers attention, food not that great, etc. Said we'd never do Oasis class again. Then 2 years later there was a smoking deal on a balcony for Oasis of the Seas so we took a chance. It turned out to be the best cruise we've ever been on. Staff, food, other cruisers, everything was perfect. 

I guess long story short every now and then a sub par experience can just happen. I wouldn't let it get to you. And if you try other cruise lines please come back and tell us how they compare. Ive been on one carnival cruise and 7 RC cruises, it was a great vacation, just not the same. Wife and I felt like we didn't fit in with the crowd. I've recently looked into norwegian because they are offering free drink package but their ocean view balconies are expensive. And also almost booked the Dave Ramsey cruise with Holland but it was three times the price of a RC cruise so decided against it.