Diamond Lounge

Some random head scratching thoughts:

--announcing this on a Saturday?

--"celebrates roots, legacy, and commitment"....also very confusing with the Viking Crown Lounge which has a longer legacy and deeper roots.

--WHY? Why make a change supposedly in name only? Is there that much excess funds in the signage budget?

--Nomenclature? I think this would be a step to get away from the word Diamond. Diamond would be a word only associated with C & A and there would be no inference that this lounge was an entitlement of someone with a level of Diamond C & A status.

--Lemme guess, this announcement will start with the words "In response to an overwhelming amount of passenger requests..." 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

...sounds like a preface to removing/restricting some loyalty levels to me....but who knows.

Reminds me of this: (https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/program-updates)

Emerald and Above:
SAY HELLO TO MORE WATER

We’re thrilled to announce you’ll no longer have to pre-select your welcome beverage prior to your sailing. You will now receive additional complimentary water bottles in your stateroom in place of the welcome beverage benefit — so you can stay hydrated everywhere you go. The complimentary waters benefit will begin March 10, 2023.

Great news!

You are now getting only complimentary waters instead of other options! Now please give us a tap in the back for being so good to you.

The C&A newsletter:

I’m thrilled to announce that over the next few weeks, the Diamond Lounge — beloved by our Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members — is being specially renamed as the Crown Lounge across our fleet*. This is more than just a new name — it’s a tribute to the legacy of the Royal Caribbean maritime heritage. It’s a nod to our roots, and a symbol of our dedication to our loyal guests.

Don’t worry — access requirements aren’t changing. All members who have enjoyed the Diamond Lounge will continue to enjoy the exclusivity and comfort of your private space with delicious treats and top-notch service.

Thank you for being part of the Royal Caribbean family. We look forward to welcoming you to the Crown Lounge on a future adventure.

*Renaming of Diamond Lounge to Crown Lounge does not apply to Spectrum of the Seas®.

25 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The C&A newsletter:

I’m thrilled to announce that over the next few weeks, the Diamond Lounge — beloved by our Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members — is being specially renamed as the Crown Lounge across our fleet*. This is more than just a new name — it’s a tribute to the legacy of the Royal Caribbean maritime heritage. It’s a nod to our roots, and a symbol of our dedication to our loyal guests.

Don’t worry — access requirements aren’t changing. All members who have enjoyed the Diamond Lounge will continue to enjoy the exclusivity and comfort of your private space with delicious treats and top-notch service.

Thank you for being part of the Royal Caribbean family. We look forward to welcoming you to the Crown Lounge on a future adventure.

*Renaming of Diamond Lounge to Crown Lounge does not apply to Spectrum of the Seas®.

Yeah, no access changes for now. We'll see what happens next year. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Anyone surprised? Not sure they will change anything but it's preparation. On most of my ladt cruise the lounge was quite empty but maybe because most of the cruise we took were in Europe and now Alaska (which the lounge was also empty). My speculation is that during the merge we will hear that to make it simple RC and celbrity will merge into a new program. 

9 hours ago, bobroo said:

--Lemme guess, this announcement will start with the words "In response to an overwhelming amount of passenger requests..." 

LOL!!! I think there must be someone in the PR Dept. whose job it is to "Justify" the changes that the bean counters want to make by scouring surveys looking for at least one person whose answers will fit the change they want to make. They spend hours poring over survey answers and finally they blurt out "GOT ONE!" "This survey says they think Diamond lounges are dumb. So we can use the "Customer Demand" excuse." 🤣

6 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

The only way this becomes newsworthy is the Crown Lounge eliminates happy hour finger food options, an upgraded coffee machine and the concierge. I don’t see that happening. 

Say change Conscierge Lounge to Suite Lounge.

I can see it as a future step to restrict Diamond members

4 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Say change Conscierge Lounge to Suite Lounge.

I can see it as a future step to restrict Diamond members

NO.

"She also said there's no functional change to how the Crown Lounge will operate, "Don’t worry — access requirements aren’t changing. All members who have enjoyed the Diamond Lounge will continue to enjoy the exclusivity and comfort of your private space with delicious treats and top-notch service.""

17 minutes ago, teddy said:

The double points promo put a lot of people (like my wife and I) into Diamond a lot sooner than they normally would have been.   I wonder how this is figuring in to any future loyalty program talks. 

I've wondered about that. Some got ahead sure, but how many others just got to where they'd have been anyway if there was no shut down.

By NO means could they repurpose larger ship venues that we all have witnessed to be EMPTY.....instead reduce/remove/restrict loyalty levels.  It's a cool trend right now, Delta/AMEX is doing the same thing.

Good news....looks like we may be able to gain loyalty points cruising Celebrity going forward under a possibly merged program.  It's the other side of the poop sandwich.

1 hour ago, CharmMicah68 said:

By NO means could they repurpose larger ship venues that we all have witnessed to be EMPTY.....instead reduce/remove/restrict loyalty levels.  It's a cool trend right now, Delta/AMEX is doing the same thing.

Good news....looks like we may be able to gain loyalty points cruising Celebrity going forward under a possibly merged program.  It's the other side of the poop sandwich.

It doesn't sound like the plan is to merge benefits. Instead, it sounds like the plan is to modify the current rewards structures of the various RCG lines to more closely resemble each other.

On 9/29/2023 at 1:30 PM, smokeybandit said:

The C&A newsletter:

I

Typically the words "Don't Worry" tends to make me worry.

8 hours ago, Rackham said:

It doesn't sound like the plan is to merge benefits. Instead, it sounds like the plan is to modify the current rewards structures of the various RCG lines to more closely resemble each other.

And reduce the Royal benefits to the much lower, IMHO, Celebrity benefits .

Will admit we are Covid Pinnacle's

Between double points and some 150% Solo cruises, we went from Moving to Diamond + in Aug 2021 to Pinnacle now, right around 2 years to make a major move.

The jump from Emerald to Diamond has always been a little one. Without double points promo, you could do it with 3-4 regular cruises. Many did it in 2 during double points. 

We were Covid D+. Went from 83 (pre Covid) to 187 with 4 cruises. 2 were plain balcony, 1 GS for 7 nights and a 12 night in JS. We would NEVER have done that in a regular year. 

I really can’t understand how they didn’t see this massive influx to top tiers when they offered this. I mean really, what did they think would happen? 30% increase to top tiers is HUGE! Not to mention allllllll those free drinks! 

If they ever do away with the drink vouchers, it’ll be waaaaay bigger than PizzaGate or doing away with the crystal blocks (which ultimately were cheapened to the current version). Hmmmm could we see a return of the old, limited Happy Hour drink menu? 

Grab yer torches and pitchforks!