Hideaway Beach Pricing

baltodave

According to the article @Matt wrote, Wonder OTS will be at Hideaway Beach March 17 and the price is 43.99.  It turns out that Odyssey will also be there that day (I'm on that sailing; same week that the RCB Panama Group cruise would  have been) and its price shows in the planner as 52.99.  

Anyone have thoughts on why the price differences?  (and I wonder if the prices will drop Black Friday week)

32 minutes ago, baltodave said:

Anyone have thoughts on why the price differences?

Royal always has variable pricing for almost all of its add-ons. The price of a cabana, coco beach club access, drink package and more all vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing.

8 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Because it was originally touted as included.

That's what I thought !  Didn't they say that this new beach was going to be complimentary ?  Of course, this doesn't surprise me at all, but I guess I am a bit disappointed since they originally said it would be included in your cruise fare.

17 minutes ago, Bazza said:

I think an adult only beach would be a nice option but should be zero cost.

It's Ok to charge to go into an adult-only 'club area', but surely a 'free' beach would make sense????

#freebeach #freepizza #kidfree 🫶

Totally agree.  If they charge for this adults-only beach, what's to stop them from charging to enter the Solarium?

I know a lot of people on this board say that they would never pay Disney prices, but having looked at both the new Royal ships and the new Disney ships and prices are not far off. And Disney includes a lot more onboard than Royal does. Adult beach is included at Castaway Cay.

46 minutes ago, Sharla said:

I know a lot of people on this board say that they would never pay Disney prices, but having looked at both the new Royal ships and the new Disney ships and prices are not far off. And Disney includes a lot more onboard than Royal does. Adult beach is included at Castaway Cay.

We used to sail Disney and moved to RCL partly due to the pricing (plus the kids are getting older) - but the 2025/26 pricing of Icon is right there with the Treasure (both very high compared to current ships/pricing) - but definitely makes one think if a key differentiator isn't there going forward like it used to be 

Having done both I see positive/negatives to the offerings of both when comparing them - but if better pricing is gone, makes me think a little

2 hours ago, baltodave said:

Totally agree.  If they charge for this adults-only beach, what's to stop them from charging to enter the Solarium?

The way Royal has been going, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this was tossed around in some meetings.  Until the number of passengers drops or people stop doing the activities with the upcharges, it will continue. 

They will probably ease into it.  Upcharge to enter the Solarium on sea days, free on port days   😀

2 trips to Coco Puffs (what my wife calls it, slip of the tongue). Feb. 2022, with I believe Freedom of the Seas. Rented a Breezy Bay beach bed. Excellent, not raucous at all.

Second trip this past April on Wonder, with the party barge from Miami or Lauderdale on a 3 day bender (Liberty). Another Breezy Bay beach bed. I could hear raucous but wasn't up to my neck in it except for  Chill Grill. Think there were  like 10K on the island between the two ships. 

Moral of the story: Beach bed worth it, easy walk to the nearest bar by the jet ski/excursion dock and a Snack Shack even closer and restrooms. Life's necessities, all we need. Don't need no stinkin' Hideaway Beach for an additional charge that will likely be overrun with under 18's just like Wonder's Solarium was.......and nothing will be done about it.

5 hours ago, baltodave said:

According to the article @Matt wrote, Wonder OTS will be at Hideaway Beach March 17 and the price is 43.99.  It turns out that Odyssey will also be there that day (I'm on that sailing; same week that the RCB Panama Group cruise would  have been) and its price shows in the planner as 52.99.  

Anyone have thoughts on why the price differences?  (and I wonder if the prices will drop Black Friday week)

I missed this earlier. Matt (and me) is on the Wonder 3/17 sailing... as in we embark on 3/17. We're on CocoCay on 3/18.

You scared me for a second as Wonder is scheduled to be there alone. Nothing personal, but I'd rather not see you and the rest of Odyssey there with us.

2 hours ago, Sharla said:

I agree. We booked Icon the week it came out for a June 2024 sailing. We priced it this week when they released the summer 2025 sailings. The same week in 2025, with the same room category and a very similar itinerary, is $1,500 more than what we paid for June 2024. A Disney cruise on Wish for the same week in 2024 is similar in price. We like Royal but these prices are getting too high. 

$43.99 for Icon Sept. 2024.  I've purchased it for now, while at this price (before RCL raises pricing).  Certainly wouldn't pay any higher amount.

I'll be watching other's reports on it once it goes live in January, and they actually experience it.  We may just cancel/refund if it's just a noisy DJ party.

$132NZD pp for us on Harmony next September.

I'm too old for D.J music so I will skip paying for this one to avoid having my ears assaulted. 😀

The beach club is $535NZD pp so I don't think we will be doing that either.

We are not really beach people so I suspect we will just get off the ship and have a wander around and get back on,

52 minutes ago, TheMaxRebo said:

Saw the video @Matt put out and thought he made a good point - or at least a hopeful positive take - that maybe this will lessen the crowds in the Oasis pool which would be nice as that got pretty crowded and was jumping with party people a bit during our last cruise 

dont forget that there will now always be two ships with celebrit ships now joining the party

I too have been comparing the Icon and Wonder with the Disney Fantasy for a cruise with grandkids.  I’m Platnium on Disney.  I moved to RC in part because my kids got older, but primarily I could not stomach the Disney premium price.  In my searches for same itinerary, same dates, same cabin (Disney’s are significantly larger), not much of a difference between Wonder and Fantasy.  Icon is more.  This makes Disney the easy choice with smaller kids for me.  Though I may give up while prices remain so high and look for land-based options. 

7 hours ago, TheMaxRebo said:

Saw the video @Matt put out and thought he made a good point - or at least a hopeful positive take - that maybe this will lessen the crowds in the Oasis pool which would be nice as that got pretty crowded and was jumping with party people a bit during our last cruise 

That's another weird quandary though.  I don't really think it's the loud DJ party crowd that cares about kids, they are too into their own thing.  It's the "I would like to relax without all this noise, noise, noise" crowd that anecdotally seems to crave the adult only areas.  If they leave the DJ at Oasis pool, I'm not sure why the 20 somethings wouldn't just stay there.

The Hideout Cabanas look sweet for sure, but I'm not certain what it appears they have created is a great adult only area.

Time will tell.  Maybe the DJ will be spinning mellow gold 70's classics. 🙂  I kind of doubt it because the promo Video was "ALL PARTY"

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Makes me wonder if the same namesake part of Icon will end up being a pay venue as well? 🤔

I hope not, but it would make sense they would carry over the for pay aspect of it.  But to stay consistent I think they would have to make it adult only and I would be surprised if it were adult only and they hadn't announced that piece already.

We don't have much longer to wait to find out.

Bit disappointing, the idea of paying for a DJ to blast out tunes around a pool all day is not my thing, and I can get that for free at the main Lagoon pool, so not sure what the point of this is now.

I'd have thought about paying if it was going to be a more relaxing atmosphere. 

Think I will stick to my 'free' sun lounger on South Beach.

3 hours ago, Xaa said:

That's another weird quandary though.  I don't really think it's the loud DJ party crowd that cares about kids, they are too into their own thing.  It's the "I would like to relax without all this noise, noise, noise" crowd that anecdotally seems to crave the adult only areas.  If they leave the DJ at Oasis pool, I'm not sure why the 20 somethings wouldn't just stay there.

The Hideout Cabanas look sweet for sure, but I'm not certain what it appears they have created is a great adult only area.

Time will tell.  Maybe the DJ will be spinning mellow gold 70's classics. 🙂  I kind of doubt it because the promo Video was "ALL PARTY"

I have seen some posts from people very excited for this though and seems they want to move the "party" away from kids and crying babies and stuff ... so I guess we shall see

Maybe they remove the DJ from oasis pool and let that be a bit more chill/family focused?

49 minutes ago, TheMaxRebo said:

Maybe they remove the DJ from oasis pool and let that be a bit more chill/family focused?

I'd want "some" music there but I don't go there to party so I can do without the DJ.

As long as they don't play the "Perfect Day" song on a loop... then I might lose it. 🤪