WannaCruise

CoCo Cay Pricing Getting Ridiculous

Anyone else find that pricing is just going up and up at CoCO Cay?  As an example, the waterpark tickets on Anthem is $150 CAD.  Seriously???  We probably hit a record (not one you want to get).  I guess my Harmony cruise is a deal at $131 CAD.

We're fortunate that we booked awhile ago for Anthem and Mariner, but we won't be getting the waterpark going forward (not yet booked on Harmony - we will enjoy the pool and beach that day).

And then, never mind about the cabanas at $2660 CAD for the floating one.

I agree, prices are quite high for things on Coco Cay. When I was there in September we got lucky and booked a chill island cabana for a reasonable cost. A few weeks later they were 1000usd. Everything else went up too. A few weeks prior to the cruise, prices dropped dramatically. 

I am on the Odyssey Inaugural sailing and prices are high for everything. Interestingly, water park cabanas are 1/2 the cost of all the other cabanas right now. Coco Beach club cabanas are insane money. 

I think as long as people actually pay these prices Royal will keep them there. Prices will drop when people stop paying them (though, I doubt people will stop)

10 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Anyone else find that pricing is just going up and up at CoCO Cay?  As an example, the waterpark tickets on Anthem is $150 CAD.  Seriously???  We probably hit a record (not one you want to get).  I guess my Harmony cruise is a deal at $131 CAD.

We're fortunate that we booked awhile ago for Anthem and Mariner, but we won't be getting the waterpark going forward (not yet booked on Harmony - we will enjoy the pool and beach that day).

I guess its all about how much people willing to pay ...  like any business they will try to find the balance were they can get the most before people will refuse to buy the tickets/pay for cabanas. is it makes sense for people to pay on this water park more than land premium water park ?  maybe , I would not pay such price , but I guess many other willing to pay , if not the price will soon drop. After all the cost of running the park for 100 people is almost the same as running it for 1000 people so every ticket they sell after a certain number is pure profit.

The prices have been fluctuating a lot lately.  We have what we want sorted for our time there.  The waterpark cabana still holding at $499 compared to $999 when they 1st came available to book.  Being our 1st RC cruise and 1st time to Coco Cay we decided to pay the extra for the passes and a personal space for our family to hang out.  Definitely not elite over here, just splurging a little on vacation.

6 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

The prices have been fluctuating a lot lately.  We have what we want sorted for our time there.  The waterpark cabana still holding at $499 compared to $999 when they 1st came available to book.  Being our 1st RC cruise and 1st time to Coco Cay we decided to pay the extra for the passes and a personal space for our family to hang out.  Definitely not elite over here, just splurging a little on vacation.

We have a cruise on Harmony of the Seas in June 2020 (2 adults + 2 kids) and our cabana in the water park,, which we are sharing w/ another couple (2 adults) is priced at $999.00 + water park passes has been at this price for about 5 months now and I'm not expecting it to lower in price. Its a bit pricey, but when we are returning next year on Allure, we'll probably skip the cabana. Its a nice, item to have , but not wouldn't ruin our trip, if we don't have one. We went to Volcano Bay at Universal Studios last year and it was a nice perk to have, since it did rain for an hour or 2 in the afternoon.

3 minutes ago, Srp431 said:

We have a cruise on Harmony of the Seas in June 2020 (2 adults + 2 kids) and our cabana in the water park,, which we are sharing w/ another couple (2 adults) is priced at $999.00 + water park passes has been at this price for about 5 months now and I'm not expecting it to lower in price. Its a bit pricey, but when we are returning next year on Allure, we'll probably skip the cabana. Its a nice, item to have , but not wouldn't ruin our trip, if we don't have one. We went to Volcano Bay at Universal Studios last year and it was a nice perk to have, since it did rain for an hour or 2 in the afternoon.

We are cruising during Dec, might be why I am seeing a better price.  I would not be able to justify $900 on our own.  Splitting with another family makes it more manageable.  

22 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Next time I am in Coco Cay all I will pay for is maybe a snorkeling excursion.  Up to now we've just enjoyed the beach and warm water.  I'd rather save my $$ for another port.

2 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

That’s about the price I’d be willing to pay. 79.99 is the lowest I’ve seen it for my May sailing. Multiple that by 4 and that’s a nice chunk of change. 

Exactly.  It's not like most are purchasing 1 ticket.  We are a family of 4 as well.  DH and I don't go on the slides but we still need a ticket to get into the area (kids 14 and 10 years).

33 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I guess we were very lucky, got the water park for our Feb Mariner cruise for $24.99 each over Black Friday.  

That's an amazing price!  Even our Navigator cruise, which was cheaper, wasn't that low.  It's crazy how much the price varies.

34 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I guess we were very lucky, got the water park for our Feb Mariner cruise for $24.99 each over Black Friday.  

Mariner and Navigator have the cheapest pricing for the water parks.. All Oasis class ships are always much higher.. 

13 hours ago, Branderson610 said:

Not really, I will be on Navigator in June and the waterpark price is $131.99.

your falling victim to summer pricing.. Buy it now and check back as it gets closer because I have a feeling it will fall.