Royal Caribbean Blog

Danette from MEI has helped our family on the last 4 cruises ... She has ALWAYS found discounts for our family and treats us like royalty ... quick reply and helpful to the max .. can't stop recommending her.

Danette Le Blanc, ECC

Independent Vacation Planner

ECC--Elite Cruise Counsellor
Office:        214-308-3087
Toll Free:  888-887-6223

Affiliated with MEI-Travel & Mouse Fan Travel® 

Sharla Manglass

@ MEI has saved my family money twice since I booked. She is so kind and informative, the education she afforded me has been invaluable. Her contact information is [email protected] Direct Line 706-742-5358. Quickly responds to emails even after hours, I never expected that. She also treats us like family!

Can't say enough about Sharla!

• 3 months later...
On 11/21/2019 at 5:20 PM, QuiqueCorleone said:

Danette from MEI has helped our family on the last 4 cruises ... She has ALWAYS found discounts for our family and treats us like royalty ... quick reply and helpful to the max .. can't stop recommending her.

Danette Le Blanc, ECC

Independent Vacation Planner

ECC--Elite Cruise Counsellor
Office:        214-308-3087
Toll Free:  888-887-6223

Affiliated with MEI-Travel & Mouse Fan Travel® 

+1 for Danette! Repriced our cruise, twice, without even asking, as all good TA's should do and has saved us $1400!

On 11/21/2019 at 6:16 PM, Shari3 said:

I am sure this has been asked before but I can’t seem to find my answer. I am looking for your MEI travel agent recommendations. Thanks all!

I'm sure if you do some legwork you will find some awesome deals on your own with some perks. I like the flexibility and the control I have with making travel plans. 

5 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

I'm sure if you do some legwork you will find some awesome deals on your own with some perks. I like the flexibility and the control I have with making travel plans. 

I booked this last cruise on my own, but then turned it over to Danette at MEI. She has caught some of the deals I might have missed, although I am looking at the sales a couple of times a week. Saves me the leg work and is an advocate for me if I need one. And the best thing about it, is that it is free, as she is paid a commission by RC. It's a win-win.

5 minutes ago, FManke said:

I booked this last cruise on my own, but then turned it over to Danette at MEI. She has caught some of the deals I might have missed, although I am looking at the sales a couple of times a week. Saves me the leg work and is an advocate for me if I need one. And the best thing about it, is that it is free, as she is paid a commission by RC. It's a win-win.

I like doing it on my own.  Haven't seen a better deal than what I can get. For example, 7 day western carib 279.00 interior solo traveler , incl grats and 125 obc. Just takes patience and persistance. 😁

16 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

Using a good agent is not about booking things on your own. Anyone can book a cruise, it's not difficult.

The true value of a good agent is saving you time. It frees you up to do something else, costs you nothing extra, and when there is a problem (like when RC messes up), my goodness, does it help!

On 2/29/2020 at 10:09 AM, Allanpc said:

I recently booked a cruise directly with RCCL and now I'm curious. What benefits might I expect if I were to move it to a travel agent like MEI? It is a 1 bedroom aqua theater suite.

Yes and a free excursions LOL.

I am with @princevaliantus on this one........

I have done both. Booked on my own and used a travel agent. I saw no realized benefit to using a travel agent. I read post of the millions of $$ that travel agents save so many posters. Its never happened to me.

It can take some time and patience to book but I dont mind that at all. I would say on average total time from research of where we want to go to finding a deal that works for us is probably a couple of hours. Have I screwed up before? Yes. But I have had a travel agent book me plane tickets to Dayton, OH when I asked for tickets to Daytona Beach. Stuff happens.

People mention that a TA repriced and rebooked trips for them. I can do that with either a few clicks on a website or a call to the TA's at Royal.

For something like a grand vacation trip to Europe for a couple of weeks of many countries and flights, hotels, trains, etc. I can see value of having someone with tribal knowledge but for a cruise? Not really. For most its a closed ended vacation. Board this day and exit on this day. Royal does all the planning in between for you. That is a benefit of staying loyal to Royal. You know what to expect from experts and they have wonderful staff to fill your days and nights with activities and excursions that you can pick and choose literally from a menu that is delivered to your cabin daily.

I have no idea how many people actually belong to this board (it really is the best!!!) but there is a wealth of information here from a lot of "amateur TA's". So many people here with so much experience and a willingness to help others out with information is amazing. A well traveled persons thoughts and opinions and real life experiences are just as valuable to me.

21 minutes ago, whenismynextcruise said:

People mention that a TA repriced and rebooked trips for them. I can do that with either a few clicks on a website or a call to the TA's at Royal.

I'll always look at prices but waiting on hold and dealing with agents who probably have not even been on a cruise... Over it. I like that I can find a deal and let someone else wait on hold. Or, waking up to an email "hey, repriced your cruise" without even asking!