Memorial Day Sale

7 minutes ago, Miller Lite said:

Perfect Day Water passes keep getting more expensive, was $19.00, $24.00, $38.00. Now it's for $44.00 for May 31,2019 on Mariner.

We had a last minute change for this weekend on Symphony and all of CocoCay is expensive.  $79 for the waterpark and no cabana under $1000.  

My July sailing on Navigator has the water park at $59 so to me you have a bargain at those prices!

Some of my sailings nothing changed, in fact they are much higher than what I paid on Black Friday sales.

Other sailings that I have not bought for yet, the drink package is the same (I'm tracking it) but the dinning package went down by $14.

1 minute ago, melski94 said:

We had a last minute change for this weekend on Symphony and all of CocoCay is expensive.  $79 for the waterpark and no cabana under $1000.  

My July sailing on Navigator has the water park at $59 so to me you have a bargain at those prices!

Wow, indeed so. Out of curiosity, do you know if you will be the only ship at Coco Cay. I'm thinking if there are two ships at one time they pump up the prices to cut down on the volume of people.

FINALLY the prices on my August 25 Liberty sailing have come down.  I saved about $25 PP on the UBP and $14 PP on the UDP.  That dining package had not changed price since the time we booked the cruise (up OR down).  It was finally down a bit today so I cancelled and rebooked both packages.  Prices are also down (for the first time) on our December Oasis cruise but we are Star Class on that one so we won't need them.  I just monitor those prices for the heck of it.  All of my other packages are the same.  Nothing went up.

33 minutes ago, Miller Lite said:

Wow, indeed so. Out of curiosity, do you know if you will be the only ship at Coco Cay. I'm thinking if there are two ships at one time they pump up the prices to cut down on the volume of people.

This Sunday it will only be Symphony.  RC moved either Navigator or Mariner from Sunday to Saturday so both ships will be there on Saturday and Symphony on Sunday.  These changes were made in only the last week so no time to shop sales and they are making some money off of it.  

In July, there will be 2 ships in port, both Grandeur and Navigator.  

No changes to my 5 cruises.

My next one is Navigator and this one was labelled with Memorial Day sales.  Our CoCo Cay booked excursion of the Full Day Waterpark is not showing at all (not sure why it disappeared) .  Some excursions have sales listed and think zipline is a good price, but hard to tell.  No discounts for us.

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl1976 said:

Boo... doesn't include next year sailings ?

Can't hurt to check the other sailings.  I found my Alaska sailing next summer had the dining package down to $175 and the drink package was slightly discounted from what it normally is.  No banner stating it was a discount, but I haven't seen it that low before.

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

Can't hurt to check the other sailings.  I found my Alaska sailing next summer had the dining package down to $175 and the drink package was slightly discounted from what it normally is.  No banner stating it was a discount, but I haven't seen it that low before.

The dinning on some of my 2020 sailings was also down.

I went and snagged the 3 device internet package for $23.99 a day $8 a day per person? Worth it! And also pulled the trigger on the CocoCay thrill waterpark pass for myself since it's $32 for the day on my Nov. Grandeur sailing and I'm willing to pay that to check it out. It helps that I know I won't be able to get it that cheap on my May Harmony sailing so this is the time to buy it. 

I swear, every single time one of these 'cruise planner sale!' posts pops up, I check mine and almost everything goes up!

Everything I have been looking at actually went up or stayed the same price with this new 'sale'  ?

Guess I am just done even looking at my Planner anymore, my cruise is in like 19 days anyway.

We are on Liberty in December and the drinks package is still $52. I guess it's based on how far out your cruise is. I think Black Friday might be my best opportunity. Think I'll pop a top on another Corona and check it again......

16 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I only have one sailing booked..lol

For my October 2019 3-day cruise on the Mariner:

Deluxe Beverage Package showing $52, haven't seen it budge lower yet for this sailing

Ulitmate Dining Package at $76/person.  Oddly, Chops + 1 is showing up for $65.  Seems crazy that anyone would pay that vs. $11 more for the UDP.

The Key is $24.99, I nabbed it a couple months ago for $19.99

All day Thrill Waterpark Pass at $32.99;  also got this a few months ago for $30

No savings this time around for me, but I know that drink package will drop one of these days! 

FYI - Just checked the Memorial Day "sale" for tour prices.  We have cancelled and re-booked twice, but this time every sale price was higher than paid for tours on the October Snowbird Migration cruise.  Also seems to be true for December cruise. 

53 minutes ago, Orange Crush said:

No savings this time around for me, but I know that drink package will drop one of these days! 

I am not so sure about that.  I think 52 is now going to be the sales price in the future.   Someone on another board said that their 2020 sailing pricing for the DBP has yet to drop below 56 during any sale.

I also laugh at the 3 night vs Chops+1.  At 1 point on my planner the 3 nights were 69 and the Chops+1 was 65.  I kept thinking to myself who in their right mind would not pay $4 more and have 3 nights instead of 2?

Thanks @bmatrose I have been checking every few days and it has never been cheaper than Black Friday.

My Ultimate Drink Package dropped, I rebooked it and saved $80.  My Unlimited Dining that I booked on Black Friday was still cheaper than the Memorial Day pricing. 

My Helium Balloon dropped from $39 to $25. But then between the time that I canceled my first booking and went in to rebook it at the lower price (maybe 1-2 minutes) they pulled it as an option from being able to be booked from the cruise planner ever, lol. Ah well, we'll pay for it on the island as long as it's not a ridiculous price.

19 hours ago, mworkman said:

Do you need assistance? We're here to help....? We here....have mastered the skills on assisting fellow patrons, book single cruise, multiple cruises, last minute cruises and future cruises. Just say the word! ??

Thank you.. My hubby and I have been on multiple cruises.. but we tend to space them out.. I booked my Feb 2020 cruise in 2018.. we just switch up vacations.. so we don't cruise every year.. like this year we are going to Vegas instead.. lol.. 

I think many are not mentioning  it because although it is a great  price, but if you drink coffee or bottled water it isn't as good of a deal as the refreshment that is running for 20.99 pp on my cruise.  1 coffee, 1 mocktail and 1 bottle of water and you are at break even.  Granted you can get Dasani water from the Free Style machine, but none of the other stuff.

JMPO I think the soda package is great for kids, but for anybody that likes better coffee and bottled water to take with to their cabin or on port days, the refreshment package is a better bang for your buck.   Plus, usually there are only 2 freestyle machines, so if you want Dasani water you have to go on a search for them.  If you have the refreshment package you can just walk up to any bar and they will handle you a bottle.