Best Way to Carry Around Sea Pass

19 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You won't need your vax card on board since there will be other ways to identify if you're vaxxed or not

Those that are coughing and sweating to the left those that are not to the right ?

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Do you think we will need to carry our vax cards on the ship?  I, perhaps incorrectly, assumed once on board with our little rubber bracelets, we would leave the actual card in the safe with our passports.  Has anyone needed to show it after boarding?

Not on the ship, the bracelets will be your proof. Depending on what ports you are stopping at you may want to research whether a particular port has started requiring them for entry to shops or restaurants.  

I go the lanyard route with a plastic holder and everything works without having to take the sea pass card out.

And then, that badge goes in a front pocket of a drawstring bag since I have to carry around an emergency inhaler and epi pen with me at all times. I throw my phone and some packets of liquid IV in there as well.

58 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

I give mine to my wife to carry. 
I haven’t lost one yet.

A couple years ago on Mariner, I had to go back up to the Flowrider to get my wife’s Seapass that she left on her seat. 

I’ll keep hanging on to mine. ?

1 hour ago, skittermagoo said:

For the lanyards with the clear badge holders . . . do you have to take the pass out of the holder every time you need to use it at a bar or similar? Or do they scan it through the holder? (first timer here)

I use the badge holder for cards with RFID.  They can scan it with the sleeve/holder on.  

For regular cards, I don’t use the sleeve.  I bring my own punch to punch a hole to attach it to a lanyard or carabiner.

3 hours ago, skittermagoo said:

For the lanyards with the clear badge holders . . . do you have to take the pass out of the holder every time you need to use it at a bar or similar? Or do they scan it through the holder? (first timer here)

Depends on what ship you are on.  The newer ships use RFID technology so it's a tap to pay, so you can hand over the card in the sleeve and effectively never take it out because you also tap to open up your cabin door with it.

Older ships require them to be swiped, so you'd have to take them in and out of the sleeve.  

1 hour ago, MrMarc said:

I saw these in a FB group and got them.  I haven't used it yet, but it seems like it will be great.  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B079ZKQBMV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We use these for our badge holder at work. They are heavy duty and take the snap attachment on the lanyard or the regular snap hook. Easy to slide the card in and out with the thumb slot in the back. Used to (at least in Galveston) the vendors who sold lanyards before we boarded had slot hole punches so you did not need a holder.

I use a small crossbody cell phone bag. It has slots for credit type cards as well as a separate front pocket. Both pockets have zippers with adjustable strap. Came with a carabiner clip and has a belt loop thing on the back if you want to wear it on a belt. Bought it on Amazon years ago. Great bag. 

49 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

We bought these lanyards off Amazon and they work great!  We ditched the plastic sleeves and had our cards punched at the Terminal.  The retractable cord and clip to disconnect it from the lanyard are very very handy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VFWX3S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The new cards with RFID technology cannot be punched, not unless one knows where the circuitry is located in the card.  That's when the sleeve can be used.

I hope Royal incorporates the hole when their redesign their cards.  A good percentage of cruisers use lanyards for their cards