The WAITING struggle...

SteveinSC

You ever reach that point where you feel like youve researched all you can, youve set up all your excursions, youve filled out all there is to fill out.....and youre just WAITING. Its agony, and I just want my embarkation day to GET HERE. What do yall do to deal with the agony, the torture, the slow death of WAITING? 

Waiting GIF

5 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

You ever reach that point where you feel like youve researched all you can, youve set up all your excursions, youve filled out all there is to fill out.....and youre just WAITING. Its agony, and I just want my embarkation day to GET HERE. What do yall do to deal with the agony, the torture, the slow death of WAITING? 

Waiting GIF

I'm at that point now. Booked the cruise last April. Only have the final payment to go. Waiting to the last moment in case prices drop again. Hotel and plane reservations booked along with excursions. Not much left to do but wait 7 1/2 more months!

3 minutes ago, FManke said:

I'm at that point now. Booked the cruise last April. Only have the final payment to go. Waiting to the last moment in case prices drop again. Hotel and plane reservations booked along with excursions. Not much left to do but wait 7 1/2 more months!

Im just waiting to see if my Royal Up bid was accepted, or not. Im 46 days out....have everything done, even my shopping......it SUCKS. lol

So relatable! In the past right thru the last few weeks I was checking to see if my Royal up was accepted or if my GTY cabin was assigned. I  have neither of those things happening so really I open the Planner... and that's it. Nothing to "do"!

My husband wanted to wait to take his reward cruise in December and I told him I couldn't take it, we had to go sooner!

51 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

Waiting GIF

26 days and it's starting to get painful!   Anthem of the Seas 03/15/2020!    

186 days and well what can you do!       Independence of the Seas 08/22/2020

I feel your pain ?

I'm the same way. I have one cruise in May and another in December, and I am so absolutely antsy for my one in May. I want to book another for the summer because I love it so much and I just can't wait 7 months for my next. To pass the time I do look at other cruises (usually with a margarita in my hand and the Beach Boys playing in the background ?)

1 hour ago, PRebecca said:

I told him I couldn't take it, we had to go sooner!

This is precisely how we became the cruise fiends that we are now !  We started out booking 1 cruise/year.  Then I realized there was no way I could wait an entire YEAR, so we ended up booking another cruise, before the one we had already booked...and then the mean-time-between-cruises (MTBC) became less and less and now...well....you know how that story ends....

3 hours ago, SteveinSC said:

Waiting GIF

That's us --- we're 40 Days out from Freedom ..... all that's left to do is pack ..... and trust you me, we've already started that too.

11 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

That's us --- we're 40 Days out from Freedom ..... all that's left to do is pack ..... and trust you me, we've already started that too.

I have a bag started too. Things I wont use between now and then that I dont want to forget (swimsuits, USB hub, sunblock, towel clips, travel first aid kit, etc...) 

5 hours ago, SteveinSC said:

Waiting GIF

Time for shopping!  Buy all those extra things you shouldn't pack but will anyway.....

I am 45 and 494.

Monday- edit spread sheet, Tuesday- print luggage tags, today- fold luggage tag and find those plastic holders.

I packed most of the clothes in packing cubes in suitcase, ordered a new garment bag for the formal wear, iron clothes and put back on clothes rack, check prices on excursions and ship purchases to make sure prices haven’t dropped, print out all confirmation, Review/memorize ship decks.  Watch YouTube, check the forums here.  Gotta stay busy!

On 2/18/2020 at 12:07 PM, SteveinSC said:

Waiting GIF

65 days.... omg I should probably start packing. I feel your pain, brother.

I have 3 days and 263 days showing on my countdown clock. 

Vacation starts at 5 pm today. My area of Coastal North Carolina RARELY has snow. Guess what? We're supposed to have a decent one starting later today and overnight. My flight is scheduled to leave Norfolk at 9:13 tonight. Will I kick off my vacation flying to Florida? Will I start it by staying at the LaQuinta in Norfolk near the airport? Who knows? Either way I'm on vacation. 

13 minutes ago, kilmarlic said:

Vacation starts at 5 pm today. My area of Coastal North Carolina RARELY has snow. Guess what? We're supposed to have a decent one starting later today and overnight. My flight is scheduled to leave Norfolk at 9:13 tonight. Will I kick off my vacation flying to Florida? Will I start it by staying at the LaQuinta in Norfolk near the airport? Who knows? Either way I'm on vacation. 

Yeah, im near Charlotte and the rush for bread and milk has begun!!!!  MILK SANDWICHES FOR ALL!!!!! Charlotte-Meck schools are already dismissing 3 hours early, and my kids school system (Rock Hill) has already determined a 2 hour delay tomorrow, but fully intend to make it a whole day if snow actually accumulates. HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!!!! On one hand, it makes the waiting for my cruise (44 days) even harder....but part of me feels like this is just going to make it that much sweeter. 

milk bread GIF

19 minutes ago, kilmarlic said:

I'm so sorry that this is happening now !!  I know how it feels to worry about your transportation.  It is one of the risks of travel this time of year.  Good luck.  Here's hoping that your flight leaves without incident.

8 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

Yeah, im near Charlotte and the rush for bread and milk has begun!!!!  MILK SANDWICHES FOR ALL!!!!! Charlotte-Meck schools are already dismissing 3 hours early, and my kids school system (Rock Hill) has already determined a 2 hour delay tomorrow, but fully intend to make it a whole day if snow actually accumulates. HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!!!! On one hand, it makes the waiting for my cruise (44 days) even harder....but part of me feels like this is just going to make it that much sweeter. 

milk bread GIF

I have to be honest. Here in Chicago,  we are just laughing out loud! ?

26 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I'm so sorry that this is happening now !!  I know how it feels to worry about your transportation.  It is one of the risks of travel this time of year.  Good luck.  Here's hoping that your flight leaves without incident.

Prime example of why I don't leave my travel plans for the last day. My cruise doesn't leave Miami until Sunday. I will be on the ship when she sails. 

@SteveinSC As a Chicagoan this has me literally dead. I love the reaction of cities that don't get snow or cold weather. I remember the light sprinkle of snow that shut Dallas down for 3 days...meanwhile it snowed 3in, rained and dropped to below zero over the course of 2 days and it was business as usual. Also MILK BREAD SANDWICHES???Cat No GIF by moodman

14 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@SteveinSC As a Chicagoan this has me literally dead. I love the reaction of cities that don't get snow or cold weather. I remember the light sprinkle of snow that shut Dallas down for 3 days...meanwhile it snowed 3in, rained and dropped to below zero over the course of 2 days and it was business as usual. Also MILK BREAD SANDWICHES???

To be fair to many of the southern cities...they don't have a fleet of snow plows and mountains of salt sitting around.....it just doesn't make sense for them to make the capital investment annually for snow events that are so rare.  Just run to the store, know the highways will be a shiitz storm and make french toast ?

Yeah....its not economical to prepare for the one, MAYBE, snow "event" we get a year.  So if it snows, even a little, its hysteria. Everything shuts down. Even my employer sends everyone home. Is it excessive? Yes. Is it fun? Yes.

If im in the house with my family tomorrow, itll just give me more time to over analyze my packing list, order my last few things from Amazon.....44 days!!!!!!  No royal up decision yet. I think I wont get that decision till last minute. 

@kilmarlic enjoy your trip, and while youre sipping that drink by the pool in the sunshine.....think of your Carolina brothers and sisters in the snow/slush. 

8 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

Yeah....its not economical to prepare for the one, MAYBE, snow "event" we get a year.  So if it snows, even a little, its hysteria. Everything shuts down. Even my employer sends everyone home. Is it excessive? Yes. Is it fun? Yes.

If im in the house with my family tomorrow, itll just give me more time to over analyze my packing list, order my last few things from Amazon.....44 days!!!!!!  No royal up decision yet. I think I wont get that decision till last minute. 

@kilmarlic enjoy your trip, and while youre sipping that drink by the pool in the sunshine.....think of your Carolina brothers and sisters in the snow/slush. 

Oh the flashbacks!  I went to boarding school in Camden, S.C.  we had one dusting of snow and they shut the campus down and said we had to stay in our dorms!  I was a 14 y.o. from New York City and I was in shock.  How do you shut down a BOARDING SCHOOL?   We literally live here!  We couldn't sneak out to the other dorm to see friends....too funny now. 

2 hours ago, SteveinSC said:

So if it snows, even a little, its hysteria. Everything shuts down. Even my employer sends everyone home. Is it excessive? Yes. Is it fun? Yes.

We lived outside of Atlanta for a couple of years. Only 2 years we have lived outside of the Chicago area. Spent the "winters" in sweatshirts while the locals wore parkas. We got 2 in of snow one year and my wife made the long and grueling, 3 mile drive to work to discover she was the only one in the HR dept. to show up for work. Everyone else called out because of the snow. 

The flipside to that was the 95 degree summers with 80% humidity!

As bad as it can get here in Chicago from time to time, I look at those people who live in Northern Canada or Alaska and think to myself, How do they do it? 

I’m 72 and 589! Definitely going to have to jump on Mariner sometime in between! Good think I’m 2 hours from Port Canaveral. Easier to get my fix! I sound like a junkie! ? 

The 589 days is Italy/Greece on Odyssey so I literally have tons of research I could do. Already wondering how will I fit so many clothes into 2 suitcases for 9 night cruise plus 3 day tour of Rome. Guess I’ll use RC laundry for the first time. 

72 days is Symphony which will be the 4th year in a row for eastern Caribbean so I already know that drill. Eat, drink, sit by pool/beach. Repeat. ? 

Seriously considering getting a deposit down on an Alaskan cruise for maybe summer 2021 or 2022. 

Ugh I just checked cruise planner and I have about 239 for my next RCC. I am 60 days away for my first ever Carnival cruise. I didn't book it, its a birthday cruise my brother's friend planned. But the great thing is that after that all my cruises until 2022 are on RCC and within 104 days of each other.