Star Of The Seas pricing

1 hour ago, Starrynight0154 said:

I’m looking at 2026 on Star, 7 nights out of Port Canaveral. $7,000 for 2 people, ocean view balcony, including taxes and gratuities.😳

I know! Insane! That is literally $1,200 more than my wife and I paid for midship OV balconies on BOTH Wonder (last month) AND Icon (next May) combined ($2,600 and $3,200 respectively)! We did book both sailings right after the schedules were released well over a year in advance.

12 minutes ago, CruisingSteve said:

If anyone wants to adopt me for a week, I'm free

Capture.JPG

I would love to be the kind of person that looks at that $65K/person price tag and thinks "sure, I can manage that."

Since I'm not, I'll be back here on Voyager and Freedom class, thank you very much! 

1 hour ago, Vlad said:

Prices are just insane... Some are 1.5-2 times higher than what I've booked on Icon when it came out...

Priced cheapest inside cabin, NOT 1st sailing, not holiday...

$4500 😭😢

This is on par or higher than luxory cruise lines...

It feels like Icon starting with high pricing but there was so much interest/appetite that it drove those prices up, and now Star is sort of starting at that elevated price 

Just glad we booked Icon when we did as might be our only time sailing this class of ship lol

58 minutes ago, TheMaxRebo said:

It feels like Icon starting with high pricing but there was so much interest/appetite that it drove those prices up, and now Star is sort of starting at that elevated price 

Just glad we booked Icon when we did as might be our only time sailing this class of ship lol

Looks like they’re eliminating the advantage of booking far in advance, for this ship at least. Usually booking 2 years in advance would mean lowest price, or close to it. 

Royal's pricing is out of control! I booked a month after the Icon release date and was able to get an ocean view  for $4,400. fast forward to Star, booking the instant it's available and a random week in December (7th) is $5000+  I am sorry but 5 or 6 thousand dollars for a basic 7-night cruise is nuts.

1 hour ago, TheMaxRebo said:

Same. I thought I was being ripped off with a $4,400 Icon booking.  I didn't cruise for most of my life and with prices like this it looks like I will be going back to that approach. 

Cruise prices these days are insane, and not just for Star. We will definitely NOT be booking. All of the sudden college tuition prices are looking like a deal. ( We have a high school senior this year making his college decision) I’m really bummed that after our upcoming Christmas cruise we have nothing at all booked. We prefer the smaller ships and cruising out of Port Canaveral so who knows when we will sail again. 

We had Wonder OTS in October and Icon in January and probably are done with the Disney World type Oasis and Icon destination ships.  We loved Wonder, in particular all the evening music venues.  The price premium isn’t worth the experience difference.  We booked a Radiance OTS 7 nt Alaska for right at $2K for 2 incl port fees, 14 nt repositioning on Independance for right at $3K, and an a 9 nt Ultimate Norwegian Fjords on Serenade OTS for right at $2,400.  We love cruising on RCL and still find many reasonably priced adventures - just not on the amusement park ships.  I’m a bit concerned the new smaller “Discovery” class ships will be at Icon prices.

3 hours ago, Starrynight0154 said:

Looks like they’re eliminating the advantage of booking far in advance, for this ship at least. Usually booking 2 years in advance would mean lowest price, or close to it. 

Actually, now for Icon class of ships, scenario is difference. 

You either book 2 yrs in advance and pay 200% of average cruise prices of all other cruises companies, including themselves. 

Or you book closer to the sail date and pay 300% percent of reasonable rates. 

It's just pure madness and insanity. What Royal is doing with Icon prices now. 

1 hour ago, forgiverofone said:

I booked an aft facing balcony with gratuities for $5500 today for the September 14th 2025 sailing.

Yes, prices in the middle of September is just a bit cheaper, but not much. Been there, done that. No thanks... 

That's right in the middle of hurricane season, when most of hurricanes actually happen. 

The pricing is out of whack but I trust that it will reset slightly in a few years. It is never going to be what we want it to be but the market will set the prices. People pay insane prices for cabanas at coco cay and they will continue to pay those prices so that's why they are so expensive and will continue to be. Cruises in general are a different story. Once you are anywhere close to a $1000 a night cost, people will go elsewhere. Let's be honest I definitely would have booked a cruise on this ship if I felt the price was tolerable. It wasn't and they lost a passenger on this cruise. I certainly won't make a difference but it sounds like many others didn't book for the same reason. Also probably won't make a difference but in a few years with bidenomonics kicking in we will get back to prices that won't make you vomit.

15 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

But you're saving almost $46K!

Awesome 

I'll definitely take the savings and shop elsewhere... 

Royal Carribean is a definitely helping it's sister cruise line... 

Heading for Celebrity. Rumors are they should be releasing the rest of 2025-2026 Carribean deployment tomorrow, Thursday !!! 

11 hours ago, NoobCruise said:

The pricing is out of whack but I trust that it will reset slightly in a few years. It is never going to be what we want it to be but the market will set the prices. People pay insane prices for cabanas at coco cay and they will continue to pay those prices so that's why they are so expensive and will continue to be. Cruises in general are a different story. Once you are anywhere close to a $1000 a night cost, people will go elsewhere. Let's be honest I definitely would have booked a cruise on this ship if I felt the price was tolerable. It wasn't and they lost a passenger on this cruise. I certainly won't make a difference but it sounds like many others didn't book for the same reason. Also probably won't make a difference but in a few years with bidenomonics kicking in we will get back to prices that won't make you vomit.

Agree. Personally, we won't pay $1k a day for the two of us unless it includes airfare, e.g Europe or South Pacific. The Caribbean isn't worth any sort of premium; been there, done that, have the t-shirt, key chain, and holiday ornament!

We have been cruising on RCL for 20 years and this takes the cake for the most hilarious thing we have seen yet (that stupid $200pp 'specialty' restaurant is close). Either this pricing stuff is a 100% mix up/typo...or RCL is testing to see how far people will go (some may say 'how stupid' people are).

If people are willing to pay this much, why not just go on a SilverSea Cruise or some other ultra high end luxury cruise. What could POSSIBLY BE so 'special' that is different than an awesome cruise on the Allure...Symphony, Freedom, Adventure, etc., etc.

Hell, rent a private island for a week.

Imagine paying these prices for Icon or Star and walking into the Windjammer to find that peas & carrots mix like food banks giveaway, or the little cheap jello cup deserts. For these insanely high prices, it better be luxury gourmet dining or Royal will get slaughtered in Icon class reviews, and it’ll possibly affect reservations when the economy deteriorates. Just a guess. People are paying these prices, and expectations will be very high. It’s a product priced for perfection. 

12 hours ago, Starrynight0154 said:

Imagine paying these prices for Icon or Star and walking into the Windjammer to find that peas & carrots mix like food banks giveaway, or the little cheap jello cup deserts. For these insanely high prices, it better be luxury gourmet dining or Royal will get slaughtered in Icon class reviews, and it’ll possibly affect reservations when the economy deteriorates. Just a guess. People are paying these prices, and expectations will be very high. It’s a product priced for perfection. 

One doesn't have to imagine. Those things will occur. Royal won't be changing their food, just because they are charging more. In fact, on top of these high prices they have even higher price specialty restaurants on Icon class. 

2 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Interesting comparison (pricing comparison to) between Star and the new Celebrity Xcel posted by Allie today:

Royal Caribbean's new cruise ship prices are more expensive than Celebrity's new premium ship | Royal Caribbean Blog

I've commented on that on Facebook... 

I've also checked many cruises summer - fall 2025 on Celebrity. Been Royal friendly for like 20 yrs... 

And it's much worse then that article... 

Celebrity's prices, which is Premium line for Royal Caribbean Group, are even cheaper!!! 

Difference is 200% or more... 

Deluxe Interior is around $2200.

Same week on Icon or Star is $4500 for smallest, tiniest interior cabin. Which is almost 25% smaller. 

It's not only doesn't make any sense paying 2x-3x the prices of newest other ships from Celebrity, Princess, MSC, Norwegian... 

It's just much, much more then so many Royal's loyal customers can actually afford. 

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

One doesn't have to imagine. Those things will occur. Royal won't be changing their food, just because they are charging more. In fact, on top of these high prices they have even higher price specialty restaurants on Icon class. 

There are more included food options though with icon between the aquadome market, basecamp, surfside market, surfside eatery, etc. 

doesn't mean quality will necessarily be better there but definitely more food options include withe the base fare

The prices for both the Icon and Star stun me.  I enjoy cruising with my kids and grandkids, but these prices prevent me from considering these ships.  For the price, I can get the family nice accommodations at Xcaret or Hawaii or Paris or Baja Mar or on and on.  My cruising days may be over come 2025.  I booked two Star Class cruises a long, long time ago for 2024.  For September 2024, I paid less than 2k per person for the 4bdr Villa Suite on Harmony  — less per person than an inside cabin on the Icon ships.   for April of 2024, the Royal loft was about 3.5k  person on Oasis.  Just for comparison., we are doing  week on Disney Fantasy before the Royal Loft week.  I just booked.  Two connecting  deluxe ocean cabins (close to the size of a RC junior suite) ended up about $1,600 per person.