Full email for July Ovation:
Last week, the Canadian government announced continued port closures for all cruise ship travel through February 2022, which may have left you wondering what would happen with your upcoming sailing. Over the last few days, we've been reviewing our itineraries and discussing our options with various government agencies to determine the best plan of action for your cruise. Unfortunately, whenever changes like these need to be made, the process can take a little time - itinerary planning and logistics are a tough part of our business! So, we kindly ask for your patience as we continue to diligently work on next steps in light of this recent government mandate.
We understand that you may be eager to either book a new cruise or work on alternate vacation plans. So, we've put together a few options that will give you some flexibility as you decide what works best for you and your family. Your Options Option 1: Wait for an Updated Itinerary or Official Cancellation
We're currently working through this latest government update, but it may take a bit of time to finalize. We get it - you want to cruise, and we want you to cruise, too! As we have been doing with all our global suspensions, we're committed to letting you know of any changes or cancellations at least 30 days prior to your cruise. And if we know any sooner, we would let you know as soon as we do. We hope that you'll stick with us until then to see if we are able to work through alternatives. In the meantime, the final payment due date will be pushed to 45 days prior to sailing for those sail dates that reach Final Payment while we are exploring options and ironing out our path forward. But either way, if you later decide to make alternate vacation plans, we've got you - and you can still take advantage of our other 3 options below. Option 2: Select a New Sailing
If you prefer to change your sailing to one in 2022, we're happy to move you! We will price protect the original pricing and/or promotion on the same ship, itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category as your original sailing within 1 week (before or after) of your original sail date the following year. For example, if you are moving from an Ovation of the Seas May 21st, 2021 sailing, you can move to another Ovation sailing that is the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category, and has a sail date between May 14th, 2022 - May 28th, 2022.
• Please know, price protection covers your cruise fare/promotion on an applicable sailing only and excludes taxes and fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items, as these may change.
• Complimentary Casino offers are not eligible for this option. Option 3: Select a 125% Future Cruise Credit
If you decide to move forward with alternate vacation plans, we're happy to provide you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to book a new cruise by April 30th, 2022.
• This amount is based on your total cruise fare paid, and we're giving you a little extra knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
• Your certificate can be used on any Royal Caribbean International sailing that departs on or before September 30th, 2022 and gives you more flexibility to choose a sailing that's right for you!
• Please contact us to select this option, and we'll send your Future Cruise Credit via email by April 16, 2021.
• Taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. Current refund processing is around 45 days. We are working as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience.
• Please note:
o If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit, this offer does not apply.
o If you previously used a Future Cruise Credit (including previous Global Suspension FCCs), you'll receive a new Future Cruise Credit. This will be for 125% of any new monies paid on this sailing, plus the value of your original credit at 100% of its value, with an expiration date of April 30th, 2022 and a sail by date of September 30th, 2022.
o If you were already impacted by a sailing that was previously cancelled due to a global suspension and paid additional monies on a new booking within this extended suspension period, and you opt in for a refund via the process below, it will be for both bookings. Option 4: Select a 100% Refund
If you prefer a full refund, we're happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, you have until June 30th, 2021 to request a refund.
• Please contact us to start the refund process, or to avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, click here • We'll then process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
o Note: Please know, once we receive your refund request, we unfortunately won't be able to reverse the request if you change your mind.
• You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your refund request.
• Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate. Air/Hotel
• Refundable air or hotel accommodations purchased through Royal Caribbean will be automatically refunded to you within 45 days after we process the cancellation.
• If you booked non-refundable air through Royal Caribbean or booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.
If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately.
We appreciate your understanding and remain optimistic that every day is a step closer to a healthy and safe return to service. Stay healthy and safe. We miss our guests, and we'll be ready to welcome you back soon.
President & CEO
Royal Caribbean International