300 Passengers Kicked Off Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship?

6 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

Did we miss this?

No, it was discussed in detail in @Ampurp85's live blog as she was on the ship. Crazy stuff.

I was on the next cruise after Allure relocated from Galveston to PC and major props to the crew for deep cleaning the ship during its 3-day trip with no passengers. 🤣

Of course you’re not going to hear about this.  You know?? The whole loyal to royal. 

could you imagine if this was a carnival cruise.  We would hear none stop about how bad they are. 
but with all the cruise content creators being in the pocket of royal… 

this is what we get. Crickets????

21 hours ago, Rhino said:

Of course you’re not going to hear about this.  You know?? The whole loyal to royal. 

could you imagine if this was a carnival cruise.  We would hear none stop about how bad they are. 
but with all the cruise content creators being in the pocket of royal… 

this is what we get. Crickets????

Yeah, when you join 30 minutes ago, you miss some of the threads that happened in real time. The original post in this thread is a link to a cruise blogger video on it so I'm not sure what your gripe is?  It was discussed here by a first hand person on the ship along with any who wanted to comment and then a video from a blog.

If this became as regular as fights and such on Carnival, you would hear just as much about it.  The 2 are reputationally different at this point so Carnival needs to have more clean months to shed their rep and RCI has to have more occurrences like this to move theirs.

Put in a little effort and you'll see that the "crickets" are actually singing a song.

8 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

No, it was discussed in detail in @Ampurp85's live blog as she was on the ship. Crazy stuff.

I was on the next cruise after Allure relocated from Galveston to PC and major props to the crew for deep cleaning the ship during its 3-day trip with no passengers. 🤣

Thanks @OCSC Mike Not only did we read about it but we also found a fantastic blog.  @Ampurp85 is an excellent writer and story teller...Someone who has a lot more patience's then we could ever have.

We were on Allure a few weeks before this sailing. I'm so glad we missed it. 

We have 2 upcoming cruises with venues closed(Solarium Bistro for the week) or partial charters booked that we discovered through the sailing's Facebook page. I'm sure we will not have any issues at all.  However, I do wish there was a way of knowing about partial charters or venues being closed before booking.  I guess I'm going to have to start googling the sailing before booking. 

Sorry But I disagree and that is 

@Ampurp85  has iin the past given out bad information and has been incorrect with some information provided. 

Not saying any of this didn't happen, just I have bee m on group cruies with over 500+ and never seen a problem.

I would be more inclined toward an investigative reporter, than rumors from someone on board.

JMHO, your certainly entitled to yours

59 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

This is somehow a reason why this one particular group couldn’t have had significant problems?

Strange logic.

Not saying they may not have had some problems.

More so saying it could been being out of proportion.

Based on other

Inaccurate information I have witnessed from @Ampurp85

Just try to pit in perspective as @smokeybandit said what majorcruise media picked up on this?

Again JMHO you're entitled to yours

45 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

Based on other

Just try to pit in perspective as @smokeybandit said what majorcruise media picked up on this?

Sorry if anything @Ampurp85 down plays any and all problems on all of her trips. She may be the most patient understanding forgiving (to a fault) person I have ever come across. Read her trip reports. It takes the ceiling falling down on her head to even consider complaining. Her report is the most mild report of the voyage I have read, and there are plenty of reports. 

Did your group cruise consist of rappers and there followers? It walks a sensitive line to say this but, really it's a hard party crowd. Anyone who comes back at me for that is just kidding themselves. I only say it because you compared groups on cruises. I don't think a Star Trek cruise would get as wild as an Atlantis Gay cruise do you? And for the record I've just watched YouTube videos of both. Point is you really can't compare your group to another. 

Bottom line Royal Caribbean should only allow charter cruises. All or nothing. It's no fun being on board with a large group that think the ship is all about them 24/7. 

2 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

@Ampurp85  has iin the past given out bad information and has been incorrect with some information provided. 

Not saying any of this didn't happen, just I have bee m on group cruies with over 500+ and never seen a problem.

I would be more inclined toward an investigative reporter, than rumors from someone on board.

I don't have a habit of giving out bad or incorrect information. And if my information is incorrect, I stand corrected and apologize.

6 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Well the best we have here is @Ampurp85 account from the sailing.  I don't know if any investigative reporter was on the cruise.  if they decided to cover it right now, I'm certain they would interview other cruise guests like @Ampurp85 to get information.  As it is their job, they would likely get as many first hand accounts as they could as well as accounts from members of the party disembarked as well as members of the group not disembarked.  We likely would learn more.

What we have is the best we have.  Maybe hire a free lance journalist to take up the cause if you require more or just choose to create your own vision of what did and did not happen excluding or including any accounts you find credible or not credible.  I don't think Dateline is going to have Keith Morrison do a bone chilling investigative account of it.

4 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Bottom line Royal Caribbean should only allow charter cruises. All or nothing. It's no fun being on board with a large group that think the ship is all about them 24/7. 

I can't agree with this.  There are many cruises with groups of varying size that enjoy themselves within the boundaries of the cruise.  With enough coaxing you might get me to agree that when a group reaches a certain number it is now too large to control and ensure the experience for the unaffiliated passenger set, but I probably couldn't get there just based on one group that had some issues.

I totally get your sentiment though and knowledge that a large group was going to be onboard might impact my choice of cruise at decision time.  I'm just not sure how this would be implemented efficiently.

3 minutes ago, Xaa said:

I can't agree with this.  There are many cruises with groups of varying size that enjoy themselves within the boundaries of the cruise.  With enough coaxing you might get me to agree that when a group reaches a certain number it is now too large to control and ensure the experience for the unaffiliated passenger set, but I probably couldn't get there just based on one group that had some issues.

I totally get your sentiment though and knowledge that a large group was going to be onboard might impact my choice of cruise at decision time.  I'm just not sure how this would be implemented efficiently.

I think anything over 200 to 250 of one particular group can become obnoxious for the rest of passengers on board. 

I thought I read this particular group was 900? If I'm wrong it was 600, but 900 sounds right. That's a lot of people who think the week is all about them. 

6 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Based on other

If you go to that video posted up top, and look at the comments- there are plenty of people that were on the cruise and backed everything being said. 

12 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

i often find that she is giving out helpful information of the accurate variety to many here on the forums, similar behavior to what i would expect from a moderator. of course, no one is infallible — but even the moderators admit to making mistakes at time — and they (and she) are swift to acknowledge and correct it. 

12 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

understandable; however so much of what we learn on this forum, we learn in real time, from cruisers like yourself  — take, for example the new arrangement with the diamond lounge turning into the crown lounge and restrictions placed on diamond members between the 5-8pm happy hour. the “story” so to speak, broke in fits and spurts; was corrected and corroborated in real time and continues to adapt as the policies on the ship do. there was no investigative reporter aboard any of the fleet — that we know of — releasing information about this. 

9 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Sorry if anything @Ampurp85 down plays any and all problems on all of her trips. She may be the most patient understanding forgiving (to a fault) person I have ever come across. Read her trip reports. It takes the ceiling falling down on her head to even consider complaining

the ceiling coming down really got me 😂😂

@CruiseGus — in short, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. no one is denying that.

however, be advised that when you make statements addressing that you perceive a person — with an otherwise reputable + knowledgable character —  as anything but, please understand that there are others who feel strongly otherwise. 

i won’t deny that @Ampurp85 sometimes seems like a magnet for the outrageous and silly happenings of the human condition — but is it that she is a magnet, or simply that she is more observant/in tune with the happenings around her? 

surely this propensity for the wild behavior of humans is not to blame for her accounts. 💚

also i’m not sure what purpose it would serve for her to supply us with false information about a cruise that was, by all reports i’ve heard, an absolute nightmare for fellow passengers and crew. 

i am glad that you have been on cruises where there are larger groups that haven’t been this terrible. no one wants a bad experience. 

we sailed on symphony in february and it was not attended by a group of this size, but our corridor and neighbors spanning five cabins in all directions were an absolute nightmare. they nearly ruined the vacation as we could not sleep. security had to be called multiple times. we ultimately wound up getting moved — and i am thankful every day that there was a cabin that we COULD move to, which is so often not the case.

and that was a small fraction of the group compared to the one on allure last month.

there is no doubt in my mind that the eyewitness account from @Ampurp85 is both true, fair and accurate, as far as it depends on her. again, it really serves no purpose for her to “blow things out of proportion” otherwise. 

8 hours ago, Xaa said:

The most annoying 'charter' group I have ever encountered was for a group from a supplement pyramid scheme, sorry multi level marketing entrepreneurs, who took over the Adventure of the Seas. They took over the main pools every day and karaoke every night. It doesn't have to be the 'hip hop crowd' that causes all the problems. 

We just found other things to do and ignored the group and made the most of our cruise. Luckily it was a port intensive sailing out of San Juan so we weren't on the ship much.  

14 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I don't have a habit of giving out bad or incorrect information. And if my information is incorrect, I stand corrected and apologize.

We appreciated your observations on this, and everything else you experienced on the trip.  Please do not let a few negative comments discourage you from continuing to share you adventures.  I am looking forward to the next one!

As a non-government entity RCL should be able to continue marketing to groups and charters.  The charter thing where a sailing booked by passengers who have already paid for non-refundable airfare gets converted to a charter and the customer is holding the airfare bag is wrong.  We got hit this way this past summer with an 8 day Greek Island cruise.  Left holding a $3,400 American Airlines bag on a cruise we had booked for many months.

On the groups, it would be great if RCL had to disclose a group and the size online (if group over 150) as soon as a group books. When you are selecting a cruise you might just want to pick a different sail date.  Regardless of how the group behaves, it is likely bar and show access congestion changes on large group cruises and the pool behaviors might change as well.  If you had a 4 and 6 year old with you and found out 900 Harley-Davidson Owners Group passengers were going to be on board you might just want to change your sail date (I used to be one of those years ago).  RCL should also allow you to change sailing and waive the $100 pp penalty.

Just my 2 cents.

31 minutes ago, Doug_Texas said:

Doing some internet research:  Nov. 12, 2023 on Oasis of the Seas is the "2023 Men's Ministry Cruise".  Probably quicker bar service and certainly no one kicked off the ship. 😂

Can lead to some interesting events in Vintages, though, especially with some of "those" Pins on board.

1 hour ago, Doug_Texas said:

As a non-government entity RCL should be able to continue marketing to groups and charters.  The charter thing where a sailing booked by passengers who have already paid for non-refundable airfare gets converted to a charter and the customer is holding the airfare bag is wrong.  We got hit this way this past summer with an 8 day Greek Island cruise.  Left holding a $3,400 American Airlines bag on a cruise we had booked for many months.

I am sorry this happened to you.  I would be upset too.  This is exactly why I use a travel credit card, which provides cancelation insurance automatically, and protects me from situations like this.  The issuing bank has a lot more pull with the service providers than I do as an individual and will not hesitate to go after them for refunds and damage relief on behalf of their customers.

42 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

As I was catching up on this thread, my daughter also mentioned that there is a fan based/fan led Taylor Swift cruise on Allure sailing 10/21/24. Hope you’re a fan if you are booked on that one. Might be a lot of kids on board 😂

That's next year's random October Friday when my wife has off (disembarkation day, 10/25)! Chances are she wouldn't take off M-TH but thanks for the heads up. That's a hard pass for me! 🤣

47 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

As I was catching up on this thread, my daughter also mentioned that there is a fan based/fan led Taylor Swift cruise on Allure sailing 10/21/24. Hope you’re a fan if you are booked on that one. Might be a lot of kids on board 😂

On that cruise, there weren't 300 people that got kicked off, but 300 people that voluntarily jumped overboard.

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That's next year's random October Friday when my wife has off (disembarkation day, 10/25)! Chances are she wouldn't take off M-TH but thanks for the heads up. That's a hard pass for me! 🤣

You were actually the first person I thought of when I saw that date!

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

On that cruise, there weren't 300 people that got kicked off, but 300 people that voluntarily jumped overboard.

Wait…this same fan based sailing has happened before? 

Edit: clearly, it's a Friday afternoon. After re-reading, I see the joke now. I would be one of those 300. Can't stand that stuff lol

Obviously they cannot "warn" people about groups that will be onboard in advance. But an online notice of "special events" for that week when booking would be nice. Like hotels put up in the lobby stating what conventions, weddings, etc they are hosting that week. In a case like this trip I would think it could have saved some of the guests services nightmare. I read unhappy passengers are trying to form a group to take legal action to get their money back. I just can't help but think knowing about large groups before booking would save some unhappiness. 

For the record. For me none of the groups would be great with me. Too much of one thing is obnoxious. The religious groups might be less pot smoking, but I don't want holy rollers in my face either.

W.C. Fields had a quote I love. It went something like this.

I'm not prejudice against any one race. I hate everybody equal.