Are we too whiny?

Apologies for a long post!

Is it the size of the ship that makes the service worse? It becomes more personal when there are fewer guests. We are on the Oasis of the Sea, the last day and several small incidents (and one big one) make us wonder if the level of service follows the size of the ship or if we should simply just accept and like the situation?

We went with Voyager of the Sea last summer and it was an absolutely brilliant trip, there were small mistakes, but they could be overlooked as the level of service was so high. One specific event made all other annoying things irrelevant. The children have no great vices, hardly eat anything, and are content with what they get, but they like apple juice, and when they got it in the main dining room, they were very happy. They were served apple juice every evening, but on the 3-4th day the staff said that unfortunately it had run out, they didn't even have the kind you have in drinks left. The children were of course sad, but accept it. But the waiting staff who had our table did not. The next day, she gets off the ship, goes to a competing boat next to it on the pier and asks for some cans of apple juice. (We understand that's what she does, because the mark on the cans is unobtainable in the country we were in, so it must have come from another ship.) For this person, it was so important that two small children were happy that she did this service and it made our whole trip a full score, although there were many small things that could have been annoyed.

We decided just a few weeks later to go for a much more expensive and more advanced trip for us, flying across the Atlantic to go with the great Oasis of the sea. I have gone 7-8 times but never with larger boats than the Voyager class. For my wife it is the third trip and for the children the second. We indulge in it, take a bigger, more expensive cabin, book extra excursions and buy packages. We are so excited to go on this big awesome ship.

Everything starts well, the cabin is big and nice, there is a dirty towel that we get replaced immediately when we say so. The first evening and the following day are only as pleasant as you can expect. The next morning we come up to breakfast and see that the Earl gray tea bag is gone. It is, for us, an important thing. It is the tea that we drink. It has always been available on all the cruise ships we have been on, It is probably the most common type of tea, so it is always available. So you don't have to bring it from home. But this morning it was out. We ask the staff if they can refill, and they say, as they always do, that of course they will. We think that of course things can run out, and there are sure to be new bags the next morning. We continue to have a good time. The morning after there are still no tea bags, we ask an employee in a white shirt (more in charge) why the tea bags are out? The person said they were no left on the boat. We think it sounds very strange, but accept it, and assume it will be topped up the next day when we get to Florida. We continue with the journey but a gnawing feeling begins to take hold in the head, there are several things that rub, do not feel quite right. Small things that you don't think about in the first few days. What menus look like, what was served and the like. On the third evening, we react to the fact that there is no great variety on the menu in the dining room, it should be Mexican evening and there are a few Mexican roots. I think it felt a bit strange, why have a themed menu if it doesn't follow the theme. Let it be, not much to do about it. Don't like grilled chicken, so instead I take the fried chicken breast that is available as an alternative. And it was unfortunately a really sad experience. Thinking as one does, that it was a bad day in the kitchen and we continue our journey.

When we get to breakfast the next morning and there are still no teabags it really gets annoying, we ask again and, well they're out. We have a wonderful day at Coco Cay and go to have lunch, it is as good as you can imagine it can be off the boat, when after the meal we ask where we can find a cup of coffee that the wife always wants, they say that it is not there and you have to go back to the boat to drink it. I, who don't even drink coffee, react with great surprise that they have made such a choice, why don't you have a coffee machine on the island, understand that you don't have it everywhere, but not in any restaurant? You swallow it, but the annoying feeling continues. The evening offers a Caribbean menu, and it is the same as the night before, only a few dishes, the rest have nothing to do with the theme. I understand that it is so, I just think it's a strange choice. And I probably wouldn't have reacted to it if I didn't already have that annoying feeling inside me. To the point, it should be said that the children have received exactly the same menu every night, however, they now have a different design, but it is the same food on them, but why make two (or more) designs without thinking that you can change something in the menu? When they for the fourth day eat the same dinner because they don't like anything else on the menu, then you as a parent get sad. The children are 6 and 10 and fussy as children can be.

Then comes the 5th day and now everything will break. We get up to breakfast and still no tea bags, we tell each other we'll buy our own when we disembark in Nassau. We come down to the room and find an envelope with a message that the help we have paid for the last day is canceled and nothing more than "good luck and solve this yourself". We are very surprised by this, go and ask what happened and meet a wall. There is no one who wants to take responsibility and help us. We struggle with this all day, the excursion to walk around Nassau is like 20 minutes, then we go back to the boat and all the joy of being on vacation just disappears. We keep trying to get help, but everyone is pointing in different directions. 

What we have ordered and planned the trip for was to get a tour of Manhattan during the day before our flight back to Europe in the evening, we didn't want to have to sit in the airport all day with two children, so we chose to pay the right amount per person to rather sit on a bus and actually see something. Since we knew we would see Manhattan on the last day, we chose not to stay there the day before we boarded the boat. Then receiving this message when we are in the middle of the trip, and have very little opportunity to do anything ourselves to fix it, made it just burst. When we are going to have lunch on the same day, it was just too much, all these little things that you ignore, because you are having such a good time, just appear in front of your eyes. You realize that it has been the same food every lunch, the children only have to choose from the same things even here every day, we simply become apathetic. One of the staff asks if everything is fine, as they always do, and you normally always answer that everything is perfect even though it really wasn't, because you don't want to cause trouble. But now we replied that we think it was crap. (Apologies for the choice of words, but we said so). The staff apologizes and asks to get a superior who is coming, we tell the same story you just read about the food and this person also apologizes and asks to get another manager, one of the cooks comes out and he says that unfortunately it is this they have to serve nowadays. But if we want and ask for it, he will fix something else, especially for the children, we thank him for the offer but unfortunately we have the idea that it is just something he says and how will we be able to get in touch with him next time, and will he even remember us? So we leave and just want the trip to end. We are further trying to solve how to get out of the terminal on the last day for any help we still have not received, when late at night I go down in another attempt to get help at least get an offer to go on a bus to the airport but not even close to what we ordered the first time, the only offer they can give us is a full day at the airport.. My wife is so fed up with the company now, she tells me she wants us to cancel the next one year's trip that we ordered. She is so sad. The next morning, my wife says she'll go down to the cafeteria and see what's there and then we'll meet upstairs at breakfast. When we get up she is sitting with a cup of tea, in the cafe there were any number of tea bags, so the boat was not out of them, no one on the Windjammer had any desire to consult with the rest of the boat and see if they could solve a request from a customer. Then I started to think about whether it is too big boats? Will it be like different companies, in the different areas? You only have your own department, you have no contact with the rest? Is it more convivial on the smaller boats?

It must be said that the staff are as always very helpful, the food is well prepared, and under normal circumstances we probably wouldn't have complained, because we really aren't whiners, we accept what is and let time pass.

We are still looking to see if we can get help to have a nice last day, we met one of the staff who actually sympathized with us, and would see if they could arrange a private trip for us, taking us a couple hours around Manhattan. So the children can tell their schoolmates that they got to see the tall buildings up close, which they have been talking about all year.

Haven't received any news yet, I don't think we'll get one either, unfortunately, but got the suggestion to ask at the taxi line at the terminal if there was any car that could consider making the trip around Manhattan before we go to the airport..

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect tea, and my wife has never had an issue finding some on any Royal Caribbean ship.  I am not sure if she is particular about brands.  I am a coffee drinker, and I know how annoyed I would be if I couldn't find decent coffee.  Fortunately, every ship has that for purchase.

I personally don't think the size of the ship has an impact on service delivery, except to create multiple venues and offer more options to guests.  I prefer Radiance and Voyager class ships myself.

Dealing with vacation issues is an art, and I will never claim that I have mastered it.  I hope your next vacation is more enjoyable, whatever you choose to do.

In this world of canned, pre-paid luxury, we are easily disappointed.  Such downfalls are common in the airlines, restaurants, hotels, and yes, cruise ships.  I can complain and only further disappoint myself, or just count my blessings, which are many.

I am sorry your cruise was so dismal.  It's probably time to consider vacations elsewhere, as on a cruise ship, you get what you get, little will change, and you'll continue to be disappointed.

All excursions can be cancelled.  Sometimes it is an issue with the tour operator.  More likely, it is because the tour did not meet the minimum number required.  This same issue could easily happen on any cruise line.  If you are still on the ship, just take a cab to times square and you will see a lot on the way.  Spend a little time there and then just catch a cab to the airport.  If you have time, the subway is right there and can take you anywhere in Manhattan.

As for the tea, If I felt that strongly that it was the only type of tea that I could drink, I would ensure that I brought it along.  Tea bags do not take up much room in your luggage.

I'm not discounting that there were issues, but it sounds to me like you allowed them to ruin your vacation.

The dining room is open for breakfast and lunch and the lunch choice changes there.  Central Park has the roast beef sandwich and a salad bar as well as a few other choices.  Loco fresh has tacos/quesadillas and more. Sorrentos has pizza.  There is the Dog house for hot dogs.  It sounds like you may have missed some of the  other venues for good.  I like the larger ships for the choices  for a small charge you could have gone to playmakers, Johnny tickets of Portside BBQ for a change up. 
I find I don’t care for the meat selections in the windjammer and when a white shirt approached and  asked about my experience at lunch I let him know my displeasure.  He told me I could ask for grilled chicken (I had told him I was disappointed in all the beef,pork and fried foods) I was pleasantly surprised to learn I could ask for an alternative but I’ve not yet tried this, nor do I know if I will.   I g do I feel the buffet selections are similar, if not the same, regardless of the size of the ship. 

having had my 3 picky kids on a ship I did find it disappointing they would not try new foods  but the kids menu is there for the picky eater and they were happy to have it. It’s the same nightly because that’s what’s popular.with that age.  I’m not sure what variety they could add to that, if you have a recommendation be sure to put it in your survey.  

About your statement on the tea, it does seem the venues act independently. One bar is out of a particular bottle of alcohol but it is in a different venue.  On Oasis last week it was next to impossible to get cream for coffee in the dining room each day.  Servers were getting it from the WJ or elsewhere.  Some of the passengers would go get it themselves. Definitely mention that in your survey.

regarding coffee on CoCocay, all food/equipment is taken off the ship.  Coffee is likely not in high demand on the island do it’s not worthwhile for them to bring it.  If it’s a “must have “ for the spouse I’d recommend bringing a Yeti (hot cup) and fetching a cup from the ship to bring back yo the island. 

I am hearing lots of complaints regarding the food  Im hopeful that the venues with amazing things for the kids outweighed the food issues. 
mid you listed pros and cons for each thing on the ship and weighted them then what would win?  How can you make it better for yourself should there be a next time?  For example, not finding your tea sounds like on a scale of 1-10 was closer to a 10 being a disappointment, but that could be easily fixed by packing a few bags to avoid that 10 and you wouldn’t have to deal with that.  The food in the dining room, would the kids have tried something if it didn’t have the vegetable or the sauce? Could you have gone to the windjamner or Sorrentos and brought in a meal for them to eat? Could you have fed them snd then bring them to adventure ocean do you could have your own change st dinner? 
In the grand scheme of things there are hundreds of families traveling, each with their own “issue” regarding food, service, room design, music choices, cabin condition etc….the masses will never be satisfied but they do have the post cruise survey where you can bring up your concerns in the comments box.  I’d keep it a lot shorter though. Additionally if you had anything positive to say that’s a good place to mention servers and other staff by name. 

5 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

All excursions can be cancelled.  Sometimes it is an issue with the tour operator.  More likely, it is because the tour did not meet the minimum number required.  This same issue could easily happen on any cruise line.  If you are still on the ship, just take a cab to times square and you will see a lot on the way.  Spend a little time there and then just catch a cab to the airport.  If you have time, the subway is right there and can take you anywhere in Manhattan.

As for the tea, If I felt that strongly that it was the only type of tea that I could drink, I would ensure that I brought it along.  Tea bags do not take up much room in your luggage.

I'm not discounting that there were issues, but it sounds to me like you allowed them to ruin your vacation.

Hi. Yes we understand that, it was just the way they told us. As we travel with children I wanted all things to be ready and just work.

About the Tea, it was just an example there the service not worked. There are alot of Tea if you search for it, it was just the way that they not helped.

I suspect it's not the size of the ship which is impacting service, it's the amount of inexperienced crew aboard. Larger ships will possibly have a greater number of crew who are still developing their skills versus a smaller ship per guest aboard. So problems that might be easy to point out (or directly fixed) by the experienced crew aboard when they're witnessing issues with the inexperienced staff, are either not being seen or simply do not have the time to intervene once the ratio of experienced to inexperienced reaches a certain point. 

I don't know if this guy is for real or not but I will say that I noticed some inconsistencies in my last 2 cruises with service. 

my dining service on Rhapsody (small ship) was stellar. They brought the food out bam bam bam. On Liberty (mid size) the dining service was slow as heck. there were lines every night, not just day one. the first 4 nights I had a different table/waiter until I got to one who was very good and I got to stay with him the rest of the cruise, but still took some time between meals. So not sure if it is the kitchen that were rolling things out late or the waiters were overwhelmed. 

Okay, I'm treading lightly here with no intention to offend. Please don't read on if you are offended easily. 

So I'm Gen X & went a totally different direction then most responses here. At 6 or 10 years old my idea of a cruise vacation was a tire tube floating around our flooded street after a heavy rain. We never cruised as a family, we hardly vacationed. Dinner choices were eat what is prepared or don't eat. Period. We didn't start sailing with our kiddo until she was 12 or 13, only child so she was mature for her age. We of course started with DCL as they catered to the kiddos. 

I'm just saying this because we were careful to anticipate that our family would have to be flexable to the ships culture and mitigated different scenarios ahead of time. Yes I will complain about a missing ice bucket or no trash bin in the cabin but I won't allow it to ruin the vacation I paid lots of hard earned $$ for. 

I am blessed beyond measure with health & love and the ability to sail once in a while. When I look around the world & realize the real world problems right now in this moment in time, yes my friend your post seems a bit whiny. Not to say your disappointment doesn't have merit, you were disappointed and your inability to pivot is frustrating as the things piled up but this I believe was your one off. 

I'm sure if you wait until the kiddos are a bit older you will find your JOY on any ship you choose. Heck my kiddo now eats things that I refuse to, most of which she tried at MDR meals on ships. Please focus on everything that went right, your post does help others cultivate their expectations & allows them to prepare (see @asquared17 & her special milk.)

Thank you for sharing & share on the feedback form you receive after the sailing BUT then put it behind you and do it again in a few years. Remember the kiddos are always watching and listening, the way you handle this will teach them how to handle their disappointments in the future. I think you're an amazing dad wanting this fantastic Holiday for the family, don't allow your efforts and energy to be ruined by the little things. Safe travels 🙂

28 minutes ago, Ray said:

Would a program use the world Gnawing? 

Also spelling of Earl Gray is wrong should be Earl Grey 

Also not from UK as they say realize not realise so could be from elsewhere in Europe and they are translating in to US English 

that's right, doesn't have English as a first language, is from Sweden. so I usually use translation if there are longer texts.

If I didn’t have plans tomorrow I’d drive down and take you around Manhattan.

Don’t take a metered taxi, those will cost an arm and a leg.

if you make your way into Manhattan and can walk-yes I know pulling luggage sucks but people do that a lot in Manhattan,-aim for Times Square if you want slightly more crowded- and taller buildings, or for the opposite experience go to lower Manhattan by the 9-11 memorial which on a Sunday would be quieter. 
If you are not in the Facebook group gif your sailing consider joining. Maybe you can find a passenger who lives in the port area and is willing to take your family on a tour and drop off, or you can find what others in your situation are doing.

Did a quick search

check this out…..the bus terminal area is a block or so off of Times Square and it appears they use all different shops as locations for drop off .  I definitely wouldn’t leave anything of value in my luggage-I don’t  even do that when i do bag drop off at a hotel

https://luggagehero.com/newyork/port-authority-bus-terminal/?lh_expID=8WF11XK5TAmmJSe4ELsClA&lh_varID=1

4 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

If I didn’t have plans tomorrow I’d drive down and take you around Manhattan.

Don’t take a metered taxi, those will cost an arm and a leg.

if you make your way into Manhattan and can walk-yes I know pulling luggage sucks but people do that a lot in Manhattan,-aim for Times Square if you want slightly more crowded- and taller buildings, or for the opposite experience go to lower Manhattan by the 9-11 memorial which on a Sunday would be quieter. 
If you are not in the Facebook group gif your sailing consider joining. Maybe you can find a passenger who lives in the port area and is willing to take your family on a tour and drop off, or you can find what others in your situation are doing.

Thanks! We will see what we will do. Thanks again for your positive answer and suggestions.

Taxi cab from Manhattan to JFK is now a flat rate.  There are no tolls going from Manhattan to JFK. 

Mapquest feature says it’s about 40 minutes with minimal traffic., I’d allow 1.5 hours just to be extra cautious. 
you can bring sealed bottle water in through security if you say it’s for medicine.  Food in the Times Square area fast food restaurants may be a somewhat similar price to the airport….with the airport likely a little higher. The tourist trap restaurants are definitely priced like the airport. 

IMG_5924.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Lombert said:

Thanks for all givning feedback!

Sorry my English is too bad for this forum, thought it was for discussing things and events related to Royal Caribbean. Not language care.

Apologies for those who jumped to conclusions. This forum is definitely for discussing things and events related to Royal Caribbean.

Sorry to hear that you are not having a great time on Oasis after coming all this way to North America. As others have mentioned, tours can often be cancelled by the operator, not Royal. Also, I am a huge tea snob myself. I always bring my own. But yes, I when service is not great, that can compound the frustration.

My sister is actually on the same sailing as you. I will have to chat up with her after she returns to see what her experience was this past week.

Sorry again, and welcome to the message boards.

53 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Taxi cab from Manhattan to JFK is now a flat rate.  There are no tolls going from Manhattan to JFK. 

Mapquest feature says it’s about 40 minutes with minimal traffic., I’d allow 1.5 hours just to be extra cautious. 
you can bring sealed bottle water in through security if you say it’s for medicine.  Food in the Times Square area fast food restaurants may be a somewhat similar price to the airport….with the airport likely a little higher. The tourist trap restaurants are definitely priced like the airport. 

IMG_5924.jpeg

Thanks. We are going to Newark. I checked with same company that tok us to the terminal last week, they wanted 68-89$ from ship in to midtown Manhattan. And similar price back to Newark. So now we just planing where on Manhattan we want to be an hour befor we need to get back.

1 hour ago, Lombert said:

Sorry my English is too bad for this forum, thought it was for discussing things and events related to Royal Caribbean. Not language care.

Not sure how much time you have and which airline you are flying with , but if thus airline have early flights you might want to go to the airport, check inn and drop your luggage then go to Manhattan knowing you will need less time.e at the airport. Just check if the airline counter are opened and they don't have any restrictions. 

Luggage locations also available in Pen station so you can take a taxi from the port to Newark Airport,  from there using the air train you can go to train station which will take you to NYC pen station or you can take a taxi directly to Manhattan which I think might cost more and you might struggle with traffic. 

If you are flying from Newark for surevi would first try to check-in, drop the luggage and take the train (20 minutes) to Manhattan 

I am on the fence about whether this whiny. I think.....my advice is to do as much research as possible and plan. I think when in doubt always have backups. I am a picky adult. I always look at menus beforehand and pack anything I can't live without.  Like you I had a tour cancelled with little to no information and had to pivot. The important thing is perspective: I am on a moving hotel with options, beautiful weather,and I don't have to cook or clean. I can meet new people and experience other cultures.  Unless I lose a limb or something, it is or can always be as good as I make it.

We need to be at Newark at 2pm, plane leave at 5pm.

The Cruise have being good, we dont regret it. If it just being the tea bag, no deal, or just something else neither no deal. It was just the cancle of the last road trip that made the bad fealing and the lack of help.

We realy try to have backup plans for everything, but not the things that was thru Royal Caribbean, I did not think ”they” cancle a trip like that. But now I know that also need backup plans.

Thanks again for all feedback!

Next Cruise is from Barcelona to Athen, I hope we will be on that..

I don't think this is too whiny.  It really starts to get old when you are constantly trying to make lemonade out of the lemons you are encountering at every turn.  My son and daughter in law were just on the May 7 sailing of Oasis and they felt the decline was quite noticeable.  We will be on Oasis in October and we are already planning ways to compensate for the shortcomings - junior suite (2x / day service), UDP - I'm not doing that crappy MDR food, etc.  I truly wish they would just give us what we have come to expect and raise the cruise fare.  Yes, I will gladly pay more for my vacation - I am anyway.  But instead, I am now back dooring the cost to get what I want.  I would rather just pay it up front than be nickel and dimed to death.

6 hours ago, Lombert said:

I thought your English was quite good and figured you were from another country.  So sorry you had such a negative experience, but I do get it.  We were on Ovation in September.  The food in the MDR was bad and I think I may eat like your children 🙂, but I certainly don't want to eat the same meal each day.  A drunk lady shoved my sister in the bathroom...she was lucky she didn't fall, all because she didn't run when the next available stall opened up.  We (and many others) had to abandon a trivia game because a table of rude, noisy people who were not playing over-talked the staff member calling out the questions.  And the worst part...a glacier cruise that skipped visiting the glacier, even though the weather was good.  I assure you I whined quite a bit about that trip.  All these were the experiences on that trip...were they all royal's fault?  Maybe not, but I am sure glad that I love to spend time with my family....so the cruise wasn't a complete bust.

Just an update about the Manhattan trip. We get outside to the taxi place and asked if there was a van that could take us round Manhattan befor go to the Newark airport. And there was, for just a few dolar more than we did pay for the Royal Caribbean tour that was cancled. Now we are at the airport waiting for our flight.

So we are happy this was possible. Thanks again for all feedback and suggestions!

Me and my wife will make our comments about the small issues we tought there was onboard in the Survey later..

On 5/20/2023 at 10:39 AM, Neesa said:

allows them to prepare (see @asquared17 & her special milk.)

and rook new orleans cold brew, and half a dozen other things that i bring along in my way too-heavy luggage 😆

my motto when traveling has sort of turned into a -- if it's some i need/it will legit ruin my day if i don't have it (coffee is this for me, so i understand the tea equivalent all too well) -- i bring it with me. i'd rather bring it and NOT need it, than NEED it and not have it. 

years ago on allure, they ran out of almond milk in coastal kitchen. we were sky class, and this was a bit of a let down to say the least, as i drink my cold brew every morning with it. to be fair, the world was less into alternative milks at the time -- i doubt we would run out now, and we've always been able to source it in the MDR -- but lesson learned, as i always bring it with me.

Sorry @Lombert that the trip has been disappointing.  Seems like you were patient, asked for help, and some things didn't work out.   It happens but still frustrating.  

Just my opinion........Several posts suggested bringing your tea if it's essential.   Should you have to do that?  No....but might be a good idea.   Personally I have issues with the app during check in and bring a printed version of all documents just in case it happens again.  No more headache. 

I agree the MDR food and service has declined significantly.  Maybe Royal's plan is to prioritize the Key, Specialty Dining, and Suite guests?    Our Chef's table was phenomenal but MDR was horrible.   Do we have to pay more for better service?  It shouldn't be optional. 

The crew and attendants seem to be working harder than ever .....many have admitted they are tired.   I watched the airline industry go through this since the pandemic.  They have had high profile meltdowns.   Are the few extra dollars on the bottom line worth the impact on the people you trust to take care of your customers and assets? 

I have cruises booked on Princess next month and Celebrity next year.  Curious to see if they are faring better. 

Again, wish you had a better experience.  You can always vote with your wallet and try a different cruise line or a land based vacation.

It's funny, I was on this same cruise and felt as though it was definitely on par with Oasis May '22 and Oct '22 that we were on and def better than Anthem in Dec (and we loved all three). It's interesting to see the opinions of others. 

Food? Found it to be great for what it is. That being said, we visited the MDR fewer times this trip than on our previous Oasis trips and we are fortunate to have a 10 year old who is not fussy in the least and doesn't order from the admittedly boring kids menu (kid loves her escargot!). We tried tapas at Vintages one night (hidden gem!!) dinner at Chops another, enjoyed Sorrento's more times than I care to admit and actually hit the Facejammer a couple of nights as we like the view and the kiddo is a fan of the burgers. Loved the Mexican and Indian food selections and found everything to be hot, tasty and plentiful. We are foodies and love good restaurants when at home/on land vacations but we do understand though that you are not getting a "restaurant experience" onboard (other than the specialty places I guess) so we adjust expectations. We know that they are grinding out meals/food for thousands at a time. It's really more of a banquet-quality situation, really. Once adjusted to this with expectations, we are perfectly happy. We are pretty easy I guess 🙂

As for general onboard experiences, I guess we all have different opinions. Us, we didn't have any issues and found the crowds to be manageable (we tend to eat at off times and never encountered lines) and full of decent people (even though some lady in a scooter cluelessly ran right over my 10 year old's foot on her way to the can and people were fairly ruthless with their baby SUV strollers/wagons.....). Definitely a better crowd than Anthem at Christmas.  Now THAT was a cruise full of iffy behavior! I never want to go on a holiday cruise again!  😆

I found the staff to be very attentive and insanely hard working. Other than lacking utensils on our first room service breakfast (we rolled with it until they arrived, these things happen), we felt well taken care of. Our dinnertime MDR waiter even found us at the Facejammer at lunch one day and grabbed drinks for us without us asking. That was super awesome of him. 

I do hope you'll try an Oasis class again as perhaps you'll have a better experience next time! 

(and for what it's worth, I think your English is fantastic!!) 

On 5/20/2023 at 2:18 PM, Lombert said:

We need to be at Newark at 2pm, plane leave at 5pm.

The Cruise have being good, we dont regret it. If it just being the tea bag, no deal, or just something else neither no deal. It was just the cancle of the last road trip that made the bad fealing and the lack of help.

We realy try to have backup plans for everything, but not the things that was thru Royal Caribbean, I did not think ”they” cancle a trip like that. But now I know that also need backup plans.

Thanks again for all feedback!

Next Cruise is from Barcelona to Athen, I hope we will be on that..

I heard about that transfer bring canceled due to lack of interest from other people as well. That definitely was a let down on Royal's part. They should have helped more. I'm glad you found an alternative!