Utopia Of the Seas

2 hours ago, JoeC said:

Yeah, honestly I see a bunch of people being skeptical of the concept, but I do think that there's money to be made in trying to outflank the priciness of DCL in the PC market here. A family could come to Orlando for a few days, do Universal and/or Disney and then do a 3/4 night cruise. Best of both worlds. Those who are just about the ship can do a B2B. 

There is nothing to be skeptical about.  Royal is already doing 3/4 night cruises out of Port Canaveral and this coming November Allure another Oasis Class ship begins sailing 3/4 night cruises out of Port Canaveral, Utopia will replace Allure in 2024. The 3/4 night cruise market is huge and Royal already has a sizable piece of the market out of PC adding Allure and then replacing that ship with Utopia will surely cement Royal position in this market.  

5 hours ago, Mr. K said:

I doubt a new megaship will do short runs. If anything, the older Oasis Class ships will handle that. For example, starting in summer of 2025, The Oasis OTS will reposition to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale (currently sails from Miami part of the year). I believe that will handle the short runs to the Bahamas. Just my opinion, I could be wrong, but we will all know next week. Exciting times. 

BE466EC7-6782-4166-BC18-AFB0C6A376E5.png

So what do you all think of today's announcement and information? 

I actually like they are doing 3 or 4 nights because I can actually try to take off work around a weekend to make one of these cruises because my 2024 is pretty booked already.  

It seems like it's going to be very much like Wonder with a couple new additions. 

Just now, D Alt said:

It seems like it's going to be very much like Wonder with a couple new additions.

As expected.

As someone who only sails from PC, I'll happily keep the Wonder/Utopia combo for as long as I can.

Prices will be inflated, of course, just waiting to see how inflated on Thursday.

1 hour ago, F1guynz said:

If you are Crown and Anchor member do you just sign on to the website to book early on Thursday  or is there more to it than that? Thinking of booking Utopia after our Harmony sailing.

Anyone can actually book on Thursday. C&A members get an early heads-up but anyone can go to the site and book once it’s released. And of course so can a TA.

Anyway, yes, just go on and book.

11 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Anyone can actually book on Thursday. C&A members get an early heads-up but anyone can go to the site and book once it’s released. And of course so can a TA.

Anyway, yes, just go on and book.

So what's the point of them saying June 22 is for C&A members and June 23 is for general booking?

4 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

So what's the point of them saying June 22 is for C&A members and June 23 is for general booking?

I was wondering the same thing.  Thanks for saying it out loud!

My question is:  at what time will the website make the info public?  Will it be right after midnight like it is for checking in?

So how are C&A members able to book?  is it only if you're on a cruise (nextcruise) or can you call them to book or can you log in as a member and book online? 

when I booked Icon the day before it went public I was on a ship.  

3 hours ago, D Alt said:

So how are C&A members able to book?  is it only if you're on a cruise (nextcruise) or can you call them to book or can you log in as a member and book online? 

when I booked Icon the day before it went public I was on a ship.  

There was a special email that was sent out for Icon. I'm assuming calling in or contacting your travel agent would work as well.

Yeah, absolutely insane pricing. No interest right now with sooo many other ships and itineraries we have yet to explore. We'd likely have to do a B2B to effectively make it a 7-nighter to make the flight down/hotel stay worth it. We're also sick of Nassau (at least until the Royal property is developed). CocoCay is really nice, but by next May we'll have visited the property 4 of our last 5 sailings. One day...

Well we’re booked. October ‘24. Price was lower (by $200) than our upcoming October Allure for OV balcony. 

For $1300 more, we sprung for sky class JS. We rationalized it as: back out a 3 night dining plan (minimum $300)plus drinks beyond our Diamond freebies (likely $400-$500) and it’s basically $500-$600 more to do the suite. 

It was barely showing me any OV balcony. 3 on decks 6 and 9 and they were connecting. About double that on deck 10. 

Dates I was eyeing for September 2024 on Utopia are about $200-300 more than the same room/same dates for Allure. For me, I guess it will come down to if my TA has any deals and whether I want to fly to MCO or MIA. Nice to see the rooms are more available this morning than last night. Suite prices weren't terrible for a new ship either (prices listed for single traveler).

Screenshot 2023-06-22 6.12.22 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-22 6.11.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-22 6.11.46 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-22 6.11.18 AM.png

4 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

With only 3 & 4 night sailings there is no time to explore/enjoy the ship with all that it has to offer😞

It’s basically Wonder with a few changes. I’m kind of at the point: you’ve seen one oasis class, you’ve seen them all with a few different venues. 

This will be our 9th oasis sailing.