Utopia Of the Seas

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am super out of the Utopia loop, work is nuts, June is such a crazy month for me always I can barely keep up with the news. 

Quick question, is Utopia likely doing the 3/4 night runs on Fridays/Mondays?

Yes, out of PC, beginning July 15, 2024. This isn't official yet but widely expected.

And it is expected to be released next Tuesday, June 20th.

On 6/14/2023 at 2:48 PM, ScottishRobbie said:

Let's just say there's a discrepancy in pricing depending on where you are in the world. Have attached screenshot of the same cruise from Royal's Australian booking engine. AUD converted to USD, an interior is $766.93, Outside View is $834.62, Balcony is $949.69 and the cheapest suite is 2425.33.

Never book on the Australian site when a new ship is released. No idea why they do it but it's always way higher, wait a month and it will drop. Noticed the same for Odyssey, Wonder and Icon releases.

On 5/31/2023 at 6:59 PM, Plumlee2028 said:

Looks like Bionic Bar is now "Pesky Parrot" and Izumi is in Central Park.  Giovannis moved to replace Wonderland.  Otherwise pretty much like Wonder.  

Will the Mason Jar be on Utopia?  I sure hope so.  I was gonna sail WOTS, but if this is like Wonder, then I will just wait and sail on Utopia.  Also is there any chance Wonder will sail out of New Jersey?

31 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yes. Leaked deck plans...

And our brunch at Mason Jar aboard Wonder last week was amazing!

Thanks.  I have been hearing nothing but good things about the Mason Jar.  Is this considered a speciality restaurant?  Will I need reservations.

22 minutes ago, Gilley said:

Thanks.  I have been hearing nothing but good things about the Mason Jar.  Is this considered a speciality restaurant?  Will I need reservations.

Yes, you can find all the info in the app. $21.99 or so for brunch, $39.99 or so for dinner.

Pics in my review from last week...

I gotta admit I am not excited for Utopia. Just me......but 3/4 nights on a big ship out of PC is a waste. I only travel to PC if I am doing a B2B or S2S and the prices for Utopia aren't worth it imho. Maybe in 2026 I will sail her. I got Wonder on the books and will possibly do Icon in 2024/2025 but no Utopia excitement for me.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

gotta admit I am not excited for Utopia. Just me......but 3/4 nights on a big ship out of PC is a waste

i am in a similar boat. (no pun intended) 😂

i love the newness of a ship, and i am certain she will be beautiful and shiny 🤩 but port canaveral is not cheap for us to navigate to, and knocking it down to a 4-night cruise is not cost effective for us unless if doing a B2B.

also the logistical planner in me HATES moving once i’m settled, so i’d prefer being on  an older ship for a longer itinerary. 

but that’s ME, and my circumstances. 

there is obviously a market for this weekend cruiser and while i am shocked they are devoting the newest ship in the fleet (barring icon, obvs) for a shorter itinerary, there must be so many that will be able to benefit and take advantage 💚

i know there are many here on the boards that prefer PC as their port of choice and will be able to really have the full experience, which is wonderful. and of course, PDCC is always a dream. 😎

50 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

i know there are many here on the boards that prefer PC as their port of choice

53 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

i am shocked they are devoting the newest ship in the fleet (barring icon, obvs) for a shorter itinerary,

It’s mine for obvious reasons but it’s also the #1 cruise port in the country. Between that & maximizing profit, it’s really not that shocking.

So I really haven't been able to find a lot on this ship in general... is it basically a mirror of Wonder? What changes did they make? STILL NO Portside BBQ??  I guess they've been holding back on this one since its just another Oasis ship, but I can't find much at all about it 

Also... between the adult area on PDCC and the new beach club in Nassau, and a brand new ship to take to these locations,  I can see these being very popular cruises. I have to fly down to Florida for cruises, so anything less than a week isn't worth it...but if I lived near Orlando- I could absolutely see me booking this run like twice a year easily. 

2 hours ago, ScottD said:

So I really haven't been able to find a lot on this ship in general... is it basically a mirror of Wonder? What changes did they make? STILL NO Portside BBQ??  I guess they've been holding back on this one since its just another Oasis ship, but I can't find much at all about it 

Scroll up a few posts for leaked deck plans.

Yes, it's very similar to Wonder with a few changes...

Bionic Bar is now something called "Pesky Parrot", Giovanni's is now where Wonderland was, Izumi is where Giovanni's was in Central Park, the new immersive dining experience (Matt did an article on it) is where Izumi was, and there's a "Poolside Food Truck" (hopefully without a working engine).

2 hours ago, ScottD said:

Also... between the adult area on PDCC and the new beach club in Nassau, and a brand new ship to take to these locations,  I can see these being very popular cruises. I have to fly down to Florida for cruises, so anything less than a week isn't worth it...but if I lived near Orlando- I could absolutely see me booking this run like twice a year easily. 

You can do a 3/4 B2B. 😁

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Scroll up a few posts for leaked deck plans.

Yes, it's very similar to Wonder with a few changes...

Bionic Bar is now something called "Pesky Parrot", Giovanni's is now where Wonderland was, Izumi is where Giovanni's was in Central Park, the new immersive dining experience (Matt did an article on it) is where Izumi was, and there's a "Poolside Food Truck" (hopefully without a working engine).

You can do a 3/4 B2B. 😁

I like the way you think! 

3 minutes ago, ScottD said:

I like the way you think!

We did one in July on Indy just to chill and go to CocoCay twice and had a good time.

It would be a ton better on an Oasis class ship. On the newest Oasis class? 😍

We're hoping to go on the 1st 2 sailings as a B2B as long as the prices aren't crazy inflated.

10 hours ago, asquared17 said:

i am in a similar boat. (no pun intended) 😂

i love the newness of a ship, and i am certain she will be beautiful and shiny 🤩 but port canaveral is not cheap for us to navigate to, and knocking it down to a 4-night cruise is not cost effective for us unless if doing a B2B.

also the logistical planner in me HATES moving once i’m settled, so i’d prefer being on  an older ship for a longer itinerary. 

but that’s ME, and my circumstances. 

there is obviously a market for this weekend cruiser and while i am shocked they are devoting the newest ship in the fleet (barring icon, obvs) for a shorter itinerary, there must be so many that will be able to benefit and take advantage 💚

i know there are many here on the boards that prefer PC as their port of choice and will be able to really have the full experience, which is wonderful. and of course, PDCC is always a dream. 😎

Opposite for us, Canaveral is easy to get to and vacation time is the limiting factor so lots of weekend cruises that take minimal time off is fantastic.

Add in bigger ships with so much to do that we can stretch the experience over multiple trips and Utopia is looking awesome.

We have weekends on Allure, Oasis and Symphony already next year .. probably adding 1-2 Utopias depending on the price point.

Royal's potentially aiming to capture part of a family's week-long Orlando vacation with the short sailings. 3-4 nights in Orlando then 3-4 nights with Royal versus a 7 night Orlando stay. It's a play to capture the market who's not looking for a full cruise vacation, but who's curious and would do a short sailing. Porting the latest Oasis class there is a smart move if Royal is expecting this will be the first encounter with their brand for many. Give them a taste of the latest, and get them to come back on another ship for their full vacation. 

33 minutes ago, Sweety said:

This is a teacher’s dream. A new ship in the Summer. Night school here I come. My travel agent is ready to book. 

Funny, my wife is a teacher so we sail around the school schedule of course. My schedule is more flexible.

I have an order in with my TA as well. Going on an inaugural sounded fun and unique to me. My wife's response? It's fine, I'm just happy to take another cruise. 🤣

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Funny, my wife is a teacher so we sail around the school schedule of course. My schedule is more flexible.

I have an order in with my TA as well. Going on an inaugural sounded fun and unique to me. My wife's response? It's fine, I'm just happy to take another cruise. 🤣

I am on Freedom. B2B. Next cruise isn’t talking. I will be there on the 20th.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Utopia opens for bookings on Royal Caribbean’s website as soon as Friday, June 23. Crown & Anchor Society loyalty members can book on Thursday, June 22.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/06/20/royal-caribbean-announces-utopia-of-the-seas-will-start-short-cruises-july-2024

The-suspense-is-terrible GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

How I imagine the entire RCCL staff is right now 😄 

On 6/15/2023 at 5:33 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Yes, out of PC, beginning July 15, 2024. This isn't official yet but widely expected.

And it is expected to be released next Tuesday, June 20th.

I doubt a new megaship will do short runs. If anything, the older Oasis Class ships will handle that. For example, starting in summer of 2025, The Oasis OTS will reposition to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale (currently sails from Miami part of the year). I believe that will handle the short runs to the Bahamas. Just my opinion, I could be wrong, but we will all know next week. Exciting times. 

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I just look forward to how high the prices are for the booze cruise market.

That's the $24,000 question.

That said, I really didn't find my short cruises last July all that different from a 7-night in terms of partying and I've chatted with others who agree. There were lots of kids and a fairly diverse demographic like all my summer cruises.

Could be a summer thing or vary by port or just difference in perception.

My 4-nighter in October wasn't all that different either. Could also be because we don't party or stay up crazy late.

Feels a lot like following the Disney Cruise Line model of the new ship doing the 3 or 4 night cruises with a stop at the private island

Good way for families to try out cruising with all the bells and whistles and can also add it on to a week long trip to Florida (so do 3-4 days at the theme parks and then 3-4 days cruising)

Yeah, honestly I see a bunch of people being skeptical of the concept, but I do think that there's money to be made in trying to outflank the priciness of DCL in the PC market here. A family could come to Orlando for a few days, do Universal and/or Disney and then do a 3/4 night cruise. Best of both worlds. Those who are just about the ship can do a B2B.