Jump to content

Vaccination and Testing No More?


Recommended Posts

I highly doubt they told employees their new policy a day before announcing it.  That would cause confusion.  Everyone else has been hearing October for changes.  Unless another line is planning on announcing and so they are following them.  I imagine the CEOs of the big ones talk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just looked at the health requirements, via the app, for each of my Aug, Sept, Oct,Nov sailings.  No changes from one to the next.  Only the November one mentions a possibility of change but the whole format was different than the other 3 months, and “within the layers” it was the exact same vax and testing. I’ve added the app health home page for Oct and Nov.

F984F350-C8D7-4B16-9D7F-17D60C5346D3.jpeg

BCC2ACED-496A-450D-82DD-C40A101F46D0.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/royal-caribbean-group-reports-second-120000818.html
 

"Last week, the CDC ended its COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships. Based on this change, we are continuing to adapt our protocols to align more closely with how the rest of society and other travel and leisure businesses are operating. This means that we're transitioning to the point where everyone will be able to vacation with us while always working with our destination partners to meet their regulations. Starting Aug. 8, testing will be required for unvaccinated guests on all voyages and for vaccinated guests only on voyages that are six nights or longer. "

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Cakemeister said:

I'm sailing on Liberty in early September. I have tests and I'll use them, but it would get us through the line faster to not show the dang tests 40 times during checkin!

I have never had to show my test results more than twice. Once to get into the terminal, once at the check in agent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've read this 10 times and I still don't know what it means

After consulting my hieroglyphics manual and taking a couple advil,  I did notice some new things

-No more day-of-cruise test required for unvaccinated, just the pre-cruise test. No mention there if vaccinated on the 6+ cruises also will get a 3-day window.

-80% is their target vax perentage

-Unvaccinated adults are indeed welcome

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

After consulting my hieroglyphics manual and taking a couple advil,  I did notice some new things

-No more day-of-cruise test required for unvaccinated, just the pre-cruise test. No mention there if vaccinated on the 6+ cruises also will get a 3-day window.

-80% is their target vax perentage

-Unvaccinated adults are indeed welcome

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof

All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. Kids age 11 or younger who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests. While we do not require kids 11 or younger than to be vaccinated, many are and it is highly likely destinations will begin to require guests age 5 and older to be vaccinated. We will notify booked guests as this guidance evolves.

For guests departing from Florida homeports, this vaccine requirement is the policy of several international governments for a cruise ship to enter their waters. We remain in contact with local governments in the ports we visit and will update the policy if advised.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I had some comments deleted also. Strange, I wonder if it happens a lot. Admins should at least send you a note to point out the offending passages.

I didn't even get any "warning points" adjudicated - darn

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been our policy for 2+ years to remove comments that veer away from cruise discussion and talk debate covid, vaccines, et al. 

Keep the discussion to cruises, not your thoughts on vaccinations, the state of covid, or anything like that. 

Why?

Because no one convinces anyone else of anything and it just irritates everyone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's been our policy for 2+ years to remove comments that veer away from cruise discussion and talk debate covid, vaccines, et al. 

Keep the discussion to cruises, not your thoughts on vaccinations, the state of covid, or anything like that. 

Why?

Because no one convinces anyone else of anything and it just irritates everyone. 

Why aren’t all the post cheering the changes of Royal vaccine policy deleted? Because they’re your friends? Mine was deleted because you disagree with my stance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I'm confused, if I'm unvaccinated I can test 3 days before the cruise, assuming it's a 7 day cruise and I'm vaccinated do I still test 2 days before or is it 3 days for everyone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mike.s said:

So I'm confused, if I'm unvaccinated I can test 3 days before the cruise, assuming it's a 7 day cruise and I'm vaccinated do I still test 2 days before or is it 3 days for everyone?

I have not seen anything official posted about Royal going to a 3 day model; Carnival has made this announcement for Vaccinated as well as Unvaccinated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

I have not seen anything official posted about Royal going to a 3 day model; Carnival has made this announcement for Vaccinated as well as Unvaccinated. 

I wonder if this will all be cleared up this week when RC changes their page to reflect the new policies. When I talked to CS on the phone they said we would all have to take a PCR three days out. I do wonder if that will change since CCL is saying antigen three days out. I'll be watching the page closely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Why aren’t all the post cheering the changes of Royal vaccine policy deleted? Because they’re your friends? Mine was deleted because you disagree with my stance.

It's okay to post "I like this change Royal Caribbean made..." or "I don't like this change Royal Caribbean made..." because it's discussing the POLICY. It's not debating covid itself.

There's no problem with discussing the changes Royal Caribbean is making, and engaging in a debate of what the cruise line should or should not do. 

But when you veer into talking beyond the cruise line policies, that's where the problem exists.

I try to give some leeway to everyone, but when it crosses the line, it has to go. This is how we prevent this forum from descending into a miserable place to go, as other forums have become.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's okay to post "I like this change Royal Caribbean made..." or "I don't like this change Royal Caribbean made..." because it's discussing the POLICY. It's not debating covid itself.

There's no problem with discussing the changes Royal Caribbean is making, and engaging in a debate of what the cruise line should or should not do. 

But when you veer into talking beyond the cruise line policies, that's where the problem exists.

I try to give some leeway to everyone, but when it crosses the line, it has to go. This is how we prevent this forum from descending into a miserable place to go, as other forums have become.

It seems like your partial to one side when removing post, that much is obvious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bowen said:

I wonder if this will all be cleared up this week when RC changes their page to reflect the new policies. When I talked to CS on the phone they said we would all have to take a PCR three days out. I do wonder if that will change since CCL is saying antigen three days out. I'll be watching the page closely.

You received that answer because that is the current policy for unvaccinated passengers; PCR at 3 days, then test at the pier, then test again onboard near the end of the week.  IMO this confirms the suspicion that nothing official has been disseminated to the troops on the ground.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

It seems like your partial to one side when removing post, that much is obvious.

I would strongly disagree with this statement.

 I understand being upset when something you post is deleted because it has happened to me.  We may not be on the same "side" as I have not been able to cruise the last few years. But this is a good forum which I enjoy and benefit from so I will work on keeping my opinions to myself. 

I'm hoping you will continue to contribute here too!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, fireclan said:

I would strongly disagree with this statement.

 I understand being upset when something you post is deleted because it has happened to me.  We may not be on the same "side" as I have not been able to cruise the last few years. But this is a good forum which I enjoy and benefit from so I will work on keeping my opinions to myself. 

I'm hoping you will continue to contribute here too!

 

Basically all I said was I wished the vaccine mandate stayed, which is probably not a popular opinion which I understand. However those in favor of the change are welcome to share their opinions with no repercussions. Please explain how I’m wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Basically all I said was I wished the vaccine mandate stayed, which is probably not a popular opinion which I understand. However those in favor of the change are welcome to share their opinions with no repercussions. Please explain how I’m wrong. 

Maybe if you worded it as, “I wish they would keep the mandate because I fear that there could be surges on the ships.” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bowen said:

Maybe if you worded it as, “I wish they would keep the mandate because I fear that there could be surges on the ships.” 

Which, I feel will continue to be the case; because, the science says vaccinated persons are leading candidates of spreading the virus, and RCG, stated, the staff will continue to be fully vaxxed & boosted... not to mentioned the 80+ percent passengers. Cruise lines would serve themselves better, to forgo it all together, like most of society.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

Which, I feel will continue to be the case; because, the science says vaccinated persons are leading candidates of spreading the virus, and RCG, stated, the staff will continue to be fully vaxxed & boosted... not to mentioned the 80+ percent passengers. Cruise lines would serve themselves better, to forgo it all together, like most of society.

Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Basically all I said was I wished the vaccine mandate stayed, which is probably not a popular opinion which I understand. However those in favor of the change are welcome to share their opinions with no repercussions. Please explain how I’m wrong. 

I don't think you're wrong for wanting the mandates to stay because that's what you think is the best for you and others. Maybe it was the next part of your post that got it deleted. Who knows...only Matt and his admins know for sure the whys. And maybe, as human beings and busy ones at that, they're not totally impartial all the time but I do believe (even when I'm ticked at being deleted) they are trying to do a good job for all here. 

I hope at some point you can see that too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Matt locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...