Jump to content

Crown & Anchor On Board Offers - 2021 Edition


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, dcr50usa said:

Thank-you so much we have been looking for a copy of emerald as that's what we will be when we start but will move to diamond before we get off

Congrats on making Diamond!  Be aware you are not officially Diamond until the points post to your account in the weeks following the cruise. Unless you are back to back taking consecutive cruises they don't update C&A status mid-cruise.

Nonetheless congratulations on making Diamond.  That comes with some really nice benefits.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've been on the fence about purchasing the drink package for our Alaska trip in June. Will we drink less because it isn't the Caribbean? Or will we drink the usual amount because we are still on vacation? I didn't consider we'll be diamond after our February cruise. With 4 drinks a day, I think we'll be set. That really does make a big difference in our decision at least. 

Does anyone happen to have the kids' benefits? I'm wondering if we can forego the refreshment package for them now too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

We've been on the fence about purchasing the drink package for our Alaska trip in June. Will we drink less because it isn't the Caribbean? Or will we drink the usual amount because we are still on vacation? I didn't consider we'll be diamond after our February cruise. With 4 drinks a day, I think we'll be set. That really does make a big difference in our decision at least. 

Does anyone happen to have the kids' benefits? I'm wondering if we can forego the refreshment package for them now too.

@Matt recently cruised with his kids and reported they also had the drink voucher benefit. 

In Alaska I like to be sharp.  Stay up late and/or get up early given the longer days with more sunlight hours.  I have found the drink package is counterintuitive for my goals of being alert, awake and outside as much as possible to soak in Alaska. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, twangster said:

@Matt recently cruised with his kids and reported they also had the drink voucher benefit. 

In Alaska I like to be sharp.  Stay up late and/or get up early given the longer days with more sunlight hours.  I have found the drink package is counterintuitive for my goals of being alert, awake and outside as much as possible to soak in Alaska. 

But refreshment package might be in order for those who choose to indulge in specialty coffee as the caffeine boost to aid in alertness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Congrats on making Diamond!  Be aware you are not officially Diamond until the points post to your account in the weeks following the cruise. Unless you are back to back taking consecutive cruises they don't update C&A status mid-cruise.

Nonetheless congratulations on making Diamond.  That comes with some really nice benefits.  

 

Thanks:)

we will be on a B2B (lift & shift frm 2021) 81N and then consecutive B2B. Will be on the Brilliance from 17 Jan 22 to 5 Feb 22 with another 29N scheduled thru Feb 2023 waiting for the Fall 2023 schedule to chose possible cruises for on board bookings when we get to the ships (if not earlier lol)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SKB said:

Twangster,  thank you for all your information,   New to Pinnacle here, are these items only available once you are on the ship?  Do I wait to get the internet?

Yes.  All C&A offers apply on board only.  

As a Pinnacle for example connect to the ship wifi and when you reach the Voom login page create a username and PIN code.  In the process it prompts you for name, cabin # and birth date.  Once it sees that you are Pinnacle you will be have a preloaded Voom plan at $0.00.  Select it and you are connected to the internet.  

You don't have to ask anyone for the internet or visit anyone, it's preloaded based on your name and cabin.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, dcr50usa said:

 

Thanks:)

we will be on a B2B (lift & shift frm 2021) 81N and then consecutive B2B. Will be on the Brilliance from 17 Jan 22 to 5 Feb 22 with another 29N scheduled thru Feb 2023 waiting for the Fall 2023 schedule to chose possible cruises for on board bookings when we get to the ships (if not earlier lol)

I'm on her late February.  Brilliance is a great ship and Tampa such an easy port to sail from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm on her late February.  Brilliance is a great ship and Tampa such an easy port to sail from.

You bet!!!  We took her for a 5N "test" sailing before we took the Serenade (same cabin) for doing the southern Caribbean and we fell in love with the Park Cafe:) Prior cruises the one thing we noticed was the lack of "salty" snacks especially potato chips lol, our first cruise we actually broke down and bought a can of pringles and slowly ate the whole thing on the promenade of the Mariner. Since then we always take some "table snacks" that are easy to pack for the pool deck where we enjoy meeting/visiting with fellow cruisers and playing cards/dominos with them or our travel companions when not busy on ship/shore activities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HeWhoWaits said:

But refreshment package might be in order for those who choose to indulge in specialty coffee as the caffeine boost to aid in alertness.

There’s a much cheaper coffee card for that.  I bought mine on the Allure and am now using leftover allocations on Freedom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

There’s a much cheaper coffee card for that.  I bought mine on the Allure and am now using leftover allocations on Freedom.

@PG CruiserSo in your experience, the coffee card works on more than one ship?  Yay! 🙂  Maybe I will purchase one for my upcoming Freedom cruise (no DBP) and then use it on Navigator in January . . .  Do they not check where the card is from, or is it just transferable from ship to ship?  I've read differing accounts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for this. Quick question... as a platinum member it says 15% off the internet package. Debating on buying it through the cruise planner now or just waiting til I get on board and maybe waiting until the 2nd day to get it, would i get 15% off the prorated amount for the remainder of the cruise? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brando95 said:

Thanks for this. Quick question... as a platinum member it says 15% off the internet package. Debating on buying it through the cruise planner now or just waiting til I get on board and maybe waiting until the 2nd day to get it, would i get 15% off the prorated amount for the remainder of the cruise? 

Yes.  I’ve done that, waited until day 2 or 3 sometimes.  Discounts applies to the pro-rated price at time of purchase.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For Diamond and Diamond Plus families with younger kids that can't or don't use Voom take note on the youth letter about the youth Voom "special value" offer.

I talked with the Loyalty Ambassador and he confirmed that youth get the same Voom offer that adults at that tier get.  A Diamond family of four will get a total of (4) day passes of Surf (one person person) and a Diamond Plus family of four will get a total of (8) day passes of Surf (two per person). 

If your kids don't use theirs, that gives the adults that much more free Voom.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

@PG CruiserSo in your experience, the coffee card works on more than one ship?  Yay! 🙂  Maybe I will purchase one for my upcoming Freedom cruise (no DBP) and then use it on Navigator in January . . .  Do they not check where the card is from, or is it just transferable from ship to ship?  I've read differing accounts.

As far as Freedom is concerned, I can confirm that the coffee card purchased from another ship is accepted, no questions asked.  They did not even ask for my SeaPass card or any other ID.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...