Mods Gone Wild!!!! Icon Inaugural Sailing - January 27 - February 3, 2024

SpeedNoodles

9 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This one, and anything kid related is all yours! And @Matt.

When this teacher goes on vacation, she steers clear of anything kid related. It's like not being able to leave work. Who would want that? lol

Ummmm, I will zip through the kids area and snap photos/videos and then never return.  I am not a kid person at any level.  How I survived working at the zoo is anyone's guess!  But it's a rare animal that I don't fancy.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

To further things to avoid on “Mods gone wild”, you will also see this mod running from the WJ, kid zone, and now apparently Rover 😕😬

IMG_9634.thumb.jpeg.84b9cc6a1a3750816e9f0322ca5d6609.jpeg

Oooo, yes! Saw this today! My wife also wants to find Rover! We can't tell Bella and Jake or they'll want to know why they can't come with us to meet their cousin!

You opened the door with the Golden puppy pic! LOL!  🤣

Our Bella and Jake "recovering" on New Year's Day at our friend's house! Jake cuddling with our friend, Jenn (sleeping under the blanket)! 😀

JAKE2.thumb.JPEG.77b0c08815dc9925f143337f01e3a247.JPEG

BELLAANDJAKE.thumb.JPEG.faa4de509de77dee36e5068f69b45c57.JPEG

Bella (11.5 years old) on the left and Jake (6 years old) on the right.

BELLAANDJAKE2.thumb.JPEG.eef30aa88036dfbe383298d757d1905c.JPEG

On 1/7/2024 at 4:59 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm on it.  I will represent the mods for this new crew member.  He looks amazing, despite the extremely cliche of a name (come on, be at least a LITTLE creative).  I'm a tad surprised they didn't get a breed that was a little less sheddy, but you can't beat the friendly nature of the breed.

Os he a drug-sniffing dog?

We will be on this sailing as well and will be following along to see places I may have missed! 

Rumor: There may be some decent food in WJ on the first day.  I think theSL and DL will also have a nicer spread similiar to the President's  cruise. 

Rumor:  Fireworks as we leave.

Anyone hear of any other rumors?

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

If it's anything like the pics I saw from Wonder's inaugural, even @Lovetocruise2002 may willingly attend (and I'll be drooling from behind my laptop at home).

I was not really paying attention when Wonder had her inaugural cause I was so swamped with work at the time. What exactly was in the WJ at the time? Asking for a friend, of course 😉

39 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I was not really paying attention when Wonder had her inaugural cause I was so swamped with work at the time. What exactly was in the WJ at the time? Asking for a friend, of course 😉

Unless I dreamed it (always possible), there was a crazy spread with lobster tails, giant shrimp, filet mignon, etc. It looked like a Chops buffet or something. 😋

19 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That might be enough incentive to make me go in there!

On one random cruise a long time ago (don't even remember which one) there were lobster tails in the WJ for dinner one night. That was a good night.

Our best guess was that they somehow had too many that were going to expire so they tossed them on the buffet instead of wasting them. 🤣

I was looking forward to the cruise, of course, but over the past two days, that feeling has grown to absolute excitement.  Reservations for entertainment finally opened up yesterday, so I'm all set there.  And today, @Matt got on the ship and gave a live mini-tour of the ship.  I'm half packed (since I never fully unpacked from my Harmony cruise), and the dog meals are all prepped and in the freezer.  Seriously, gang, I'm ready to go.  I have 6 more days of work left.

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I was looking forward to the cruise, of course, but over the past two days, that feeling has grown to absolute excitement. 

Many of you know that I was on fence with this sailing for the longest time. Even after we made final payment, I still could not find the excitement for this class of ship. And then over December with my Dad's health, I thought I would be cancelling (still could, I feel like every cruise is a game time decision these days).

But yesterday morning, watching live, as Icon rolled into Miami, with my beloved Intercontinental in the backdrop, that is when I first felt a twinge of excitement for this ship. And then, like you said, entertainment opened up yesterday, and now seeing some of the content that has been posted today, I am pretty excited too!

The icing on the cake will be if I can get the heck out of Surfside lol

29 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

But yesterday morning, watching live, as Icon rolled into Miami, with my beloved Intercontinental in the backdrop, that is when I first felt a twinge of excitement for this ship. And then, like you said, entertainment opened up yesterday, and now seeing some of the content that has been posted today, I am pretty excited too!

I'm just glad that I'm going on the group cruise on Icon in June so I get a second week on her. I'm realizing more and more what a big deal this ship is. My only other inaugural was Wonder and that was pretty low key relative to the hubbub surrounding this.  Makes me more anxious than excited 

I feel like it will be a struggle to do and see anything despite having a suite and all I feel like these extra cost items at the complimentary places won't be covered under the dining package..and there isn't any new specialty restaurant to try. We are in a suite so Coastal Kitchen and the Grove might be the way to go over UDP..and I'm especially worried about being told "no" hurting my mother's feelings. 😬

35 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The icing on the cake will be if I can get the heck out of Surfside lol

I heard @Matt has a suite for the cruise.  Maybe he has room on the couch for you 😂.  Or you can always find a bench in Central Park or one of those pods in the Aquadome. 

Side note here, with most likely an unpopular opinion. I actually think the bow and Aquadome of the ship look silly to me. One day I was looking at a picture, and all I could see was that the bow area of Icon reminded me of Popeye The Sailer Man, with a giant forehead. I cannot get that image out of my head, so personally, to me, I will be renaming Icon Of the Seas to Popeye of the Seas. I submit for your viewing pleasure/disappointment the photo inspiration

image.jpeg.8190076d3d1782956efaa14dd5aafda6.jpeg3645979.thumb.jpeg.d22bccd7b36d80f4046616298381c4dc.jpeg

4 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

i feel like this tracks 😂 wasn’t it one of your kiddos who thought it was “waitress of the seas” instead of oasis? 😂

the artistic vision in your family is strong 😂

Close, it was my hard of hearing Father who thought my son said Waitress of the seas. He will really get confused when I do call this ship Popeye of the seas

My only knock on this ship (other than pricing) is appearance.  To me, the ship is ugly.  Once boarded, it doesn’t matter in the least.  But, I feel like in the zeal to pack so much onto one ship, aesthetics got very short shrift.  I prefer RC to Disney.  But, you have to admit that those Disney ships are just beautiful from afar.  The Oasis class started the path down less than beautiful ships from the outside.  This one seems to complete the journey.

Brad and Evan here from Florida. We will be in a junior suite on this cruise and then move rooms to the Sunset Corner Suite for the second sailing. We have the unlimited dining package, deluxe beverage package, and passes to Hideaway in Coco Cay for both sailings. Gonna be one hell of a party for 2 weeks!!! 

Its been interesting watching Icons development and arrival in the US for service. I am somewhat envious of those cruising on her soon and will continue to follow theIr cruising experience.

For a long list of reasons, we will not cruise on Icon until November after Thanksgiving. I look forward to a more settled environment and holiday decorations. 

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I would expect something similar on this one !!!

1 hour ago, LandstromCruise said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's something bigger and better.  They seem to be going all out with the launch of Icon and this could be a pretty awesome inaugural.  

We are counting on it! That is one of the reasons why we are excited, we want our swag lol

Can I request three Mods "investigations"? I saw Matts video the other day and was surprised by a few bright spots that warrant some unbiased, in-depth analysis:

Royal Bling-- Has Royal really just caught on to the amount of dollars spent in St Thomas for contraband Royal Caribbean jewelry??? I'd like to see what Royal Bling has on the shelves and well....would sorta like to see at what price. Warn me if I should be seated.

Aquadome Market-- Wow! Have they really been paying attention to how young people eat in 2024? The menus seem really short but is this goods as promised?

Celebration Table-- This is your reward for your hard work and this is your private party, but my question is: Can the food possibly match the venue?

2 hours ago, bobroo said:

Royal Bling-- Has Royal really just caught on to the amount of dollars spent in St Thomas for contraband Royal Caribbean jewelry??? I'd like to see what Royal Bling has on the shelves and well....would sorta like to see at what price. Warn me if I should be seated.

Aquadome Market-- Wow! Have they really been paying attention to how young people eat in 2024? The menus seem really short but is this goods as promised?

I will gladly investigate these two! 

3 hours ago, bobroo said:

Can I request three Mods "investigations"? I saw Matts video the other day and was surprised by a few bright spots that warrant some unbiased, in-depth analysis:

Celebration Table-- This is your reward for your hard work and this is your private party, but my question is: Can the food possibly match the venue?

I will not be visiting Celebration Table, so I'm out.  @AshleyDillo?

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I will gladly investigate these two! 

Does your sailing stop in Nassau? If so, I don't think the Blog has written in depth about the new port area. I was so surprised how nice it was when I was there last month; they did such a good job. More needs to be said about it.

3 hours ago, bobroo said:

Does your sailing stop in Nassau? If so, I don't think the Blog has written in depth about the new port area. I was so surprised how nice it was when I was there last month; they did such a good job. More needs to be said about it.

It does not.

Omg @asquared17! Not totally related to the inaugural, but pre-cruise stuff next week. I just discovered that there is a Serafina in Miami! Hubby and I are planning to rent a car when we arrive on the 25th and we were planning to spend some time at Adventura Mall. That is how I found it! I hear truffle pasta calling 😋