Mods Gone Wild!!!! Icon Inaugural Sailing - January 27 - February 3, 2024

SpeedNoodles

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Omg @asquared17! Not totally related to the inaugural, but pre-cruise stuff next week. I just discovered that there is a Serafina in Miami! Hubby and I are planning to rent a car when we arrive on the 25th and we were planning to spend some time at Adventura Mall. That is how I found it! I hear truffle pasta calling 😋

STOP ARE YOU FOR REAL. 

ughhhhhhhh this almost has me reconsidering staying in miami vs FLL.  

aventura mall is a JOURNEY. you’ll have a lot of fun there; tons to see and shop 💚

keep me posted!!!!

4 hours ago, asquared17 said:

STOP ARE YOU FOR REAL. 

ughhhhhhhh this almost has me reconsidering staying in miami vs FLL.  

aventura mall is a JOURNEY. you’ll have a lot of fun there; tons to see and shop 💚

keep me posted!!!!

Yes!! I was pretty excited too! We are planning on spending most of next Friday there if all goes well. Hubby went to Arizona in October and discovered he likes Vuori and now he wants me to check it out with him. They have a location at Aventura. That is how this all started. 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Really? Next time we are in Fort Lauderdale for more than one night we might have to check that out. But I don't know if we can give up La Bamba lol

I just checked and I stand corrected. The Serafina in Fort Lauderdale is a different company. Looks like La Bamba is a safe bet for the next time you make it to FLL! 

1 minute ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Looks like La Bamba is a safe bet for the next time you make it to FLL! 

It might even be a safe bet for Miami! lol

Hubby and I were just talking the other night and since we have a car, we might drive from Miami back to Fort Lauderdale for La Bamba next week! 

Hello everyone, i'm new in this forum.

We are sailing on icon the 3rd of february (flying from barcelona to miami the day before!) . So we will be expecting your comments about the trip, thank you.

I think Icon is so beautiful and full of activities to do but i have one concern... does anybody think that there isn't enough pool space on the ship? I have sailed in Harmony, allure and some smaller rc ships and i have the impression that there are very small pools on this one, not enough for 8000 people on cruise. I just hope i am wrong, what do you think?

Also do you know if we will beable to book the shows before sailing or just onboard?

Thanks everyone! Have a nivlce vacation! Greatings from Catalonia.

2 hours ago, canditei said:

Hello everyone, i'm new in this forum.

We are sailing on icon the 3rd of february (flying from barcelona to miami the day before!) . So we will be expecting your comments about the trip, thank you.

I think Icon is so beautiful and full of activities to do but i have one concern... does anybody think that there isn't enough pool space on the ship? I have sailed in Harmony, allure and some smaller rc ships and i have the impression that there are very small pools on this one, not enough for 8000 people on cruise. I just hope i am wrong, what do you think?

Also do you know if we will beable to book the shows before sailing or just onboard?

Thanks everyone! Have a nivlce vacation! Greatings from Catalonia.

I seem to remember the icon has the “biggest pool on a cruise ship”? Even if this is true, they could not possibly build a big enough pool to satisfy the many thousands of passengers who will be eager to swim on a sea day. It’s a problem that can’t be solved.

2 hours ago, CGTLH said:

The plaza also had a Publix and Total Wine if you had to pick anything else up.

wait a second wait a second. 

is la bamba in the shopping center on SE 17th?! WITH THE PUBLIX RIGHT THERE.

IS IT WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS RIGHT THERE. if so, @Lovetocruise2002 , i have let you down, friend…. 

2 hours ago, MLH said:

We fly into Ft Lauderdale and will have to check out LaBamba.  Is there adequate parking.  We are renting a car when we get there and dropping it off in Miami. Our plan is to head to Miami around 8:30 drop off the car and shuttle over to the port and drool on the door until they let me in.

Anyone going early?

We fly out Thursday morning, one week from today. We also rented car this time from MIA and we might even go back to check out La Bamba! Lol

We are also dropping off the rental car Saturday morning near Intercontinental. But probably not as early as 8:30am. I think 9:30am is more than sufficient. 

33 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

wait a second wait a second. 

is la bamba in the shopping center on SE 17th?! WITH THE PUBLIX RIGHT THERE.

IS IT WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS RIGHT THERE. if so, @Lovetocruise2002 , i have let you down, friend…. 

Like @CGTLH said, that is the very one! Lol

30 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

GOODBYE FOREVER. 

I’VE WALKED PAST IT ALL THIS TIME. 

😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

So now you need to go to La Bamba and fly into Miami to go to Serafina 😉

Starting to get real...

Dear,
Our names are Lyli, Noorina and Jorge. We are your Sky Suite Concierges. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard the Icon of the Seas on Saturday, January 27, 2024. We hope you’re ready for a wonderful cruise vacation with us.
If you’ve not already done so, please check in online and select your preferred arrival time using the Royal Caribbean App. Suite guests can enjoy Flexible Arrival which allows you the freedom to check-in up to one hour before or after your scheduled check-in time while the terminal is open.
We also recommend that you plan ahead and make reservations for your dining, onboard activities, shore excursions and Vitality Spa services. You may do so using your Cruise Planner or Royal App.https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/signin. Show reservations will be available to book once you’re onboard. If you require any assistance, we are happy to help you.
Our desk is in the Suite Lounge, located on Deck 16 forward. Our hours are 8:00 am to 11:30 am, and 4:30 pm until 8:00 pm. We are also reachable via email, or by dialing our phone 25255 from your Suite or any house phone.
While onboard, you’ll have access to the following exclusive amenities and services:
· The Suite Lounge is exclusively for Suite guests and accessible with your Sky SeaPass card.
* The dress code in the Suite Lounge is smart casual, so please make sure you pack accordingly.
* Coffee and tea are available in the Lounge throughout the day. Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary wine, spirits, beer, and soft drinks are available for our Suite guests every evening from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
* Guests under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
· As a Sky Suite guest, you’ll have exclusive access to the suites-only restaurant, Coastal Kitchen. Please refer to the Cruise Compass for the hours of operation or reach out to me for assistance. Reservations are required for dinner.
· Your suite is stocked with Malin & Goetz bath amenities, a Lavazza espresso coffee machine, bathrobes for your use onboard, and is furnished with a luxurious pillow-top mattress.
· Sky guests will receive complementary VOOM Surf and Stream services for one device per person for the entire sailing.
· Enjoy The Grove, an exclusive Suite Sun Deck on Deck 18 forward. Lounge chairs are available to suite guests on a first come, first served basis.
· Sky guests are entitled to a reserved seating section in the Main Theater. Reservations are available once you arrive onboard, which we will be happy to assist you with.
· We are happy to offer our Suite guests Priority Departure. we’ll explain the details to you while you are onboard.
Please feel free to email us with any questions that you may have. We look forward to meeting you in person!

All the best,
Lyli De Leon, Noorina Sreenebus & Jorge Gutierrez Malo.
Your Concierges

3 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Starting to get real...

Dear,
Our names are Lyli, Noorina and Jorge. We are your Sky Suite Concierges. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard the Icon of the Seas on Saturday, January 27, 2024. We hope you’re ready for a wonderful cruise vacation with us.
If you’ve not already done so, please check in online and select your preferred arrival time using the Royal Caribbean App. Suite guests can enjoy Flexible Arrival which allows you the freedom to check-in up to one hour before or after your scheduled check-in time while the terminal is open.
We also recommend that you plan ahead and make reservations for your dining, onboard activities, shore excursions and Vitality Spa services. You may do so using your Cruise Planner or Royal App.https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/signin. Show reservations will be available to book once you’re onboard. If you require any assistance, we are happy to help you.
Our desk is in the Suite Lounge, located on Deck 16 forward. Our hours are 8:00 am to 11:30 am, and 4:30 pm until 8:00 pm. We are also reachable via email, or by dialing our phone 25255 from your Suite or any house phone.
While onboard, you’ll have access to the following exclusive amenities and services:
· The Suite Lounge is exclusively for Suite guests and accessible with your Sky SeaPass card.
* The dress code in the Suite Lounge is smart casual, so please make sure you pack accordingly.
* Coffee and tea are available in the Lounge throughout the day. Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary wine, spirits, beer, and soft drinks are available for our Suite guests every evening from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
* Guests under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
· As a Sky Suite guest, you’ll have exclusive access to the suites-only restaurant, Coastal Kitchen. Please refer to the Cruise Compass for the hours of operation or reach out to me for assistance. Reservations are required for dinner.
· Your suite is stocked with Malin & Goetz bath amenities, a Lavazza espresso coffee machine, bathrobes for your use onboard, and is furnished with a luxurious pillow-top mattress.
· Sky guests will receive complementary VOOM Surf and Stream services for one device per person for the entire sailing.
· Enjoy The Grove, an exclusive Suite Sun Deck on Deck 18 forward. Lounge chairs are available to suite guests on a first come, first served basis.
· Sky guests are entitled to a reserved seating section in the Main Theater. Reservations are available once you arrive onboard, which we will be happy to assist you with.
· We are happy to offer our Suite guests Priority Departure. we’ll explain the details to you while you are onboard.
Please feel free to email us with any questions that you may have. We look forward to meeting you in person!

All the best,
Lyli De Leon, Noorina Sreenebus & Jorge Gutierrez Malo.
Your Concierges

Nothing was mentioned about 11 AM to 11 PM water, soft drinks, beer, and wine. Time will tell if the Oasis class SL/CK tradition will carry on.

Then again, the 11-11 offerings have never been mentioned in the Welcome email.

11 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Nothing was mentioned about 11 AM to 11 PM water, soft drinks, beer, and wine. Time will tell if the Oasis class SL/CK tradition will carry on.

Then again, the 11-11 offerings have never been mentioned in the Welcome email.

I feel like this bit has been left off of suite concierge emails for about a year now. When I checked back our December 2023 NYE sailing on SY (we had the CL), it also did not have this line. But you are right, in reading my own email from them, I had that thought as well, that time will tell.

Yay, Noorina Streenebus was our concierge  (one of two on the Wonder) she is very sweet, and very capable. The concierge desk always had people at it and she excelled at her work. Always kind, you are in good hands with her. She helped me get the C and A tier numbers on my trip. I asked and she punched into her computer, turned the screen and the total breakdown was there. Our #CK server who we had every night, so gracious and forward thinking should also be onboard as he said he was jumping over to Icon. I think a great many of that CK team will be there. They were pretty outstanding, right @OCSC Mike ?

I am excited for you all! Fingers and toes crossed for @Lovetocruise2002 RUB also!

20230625_172444.jpg

13 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Yay, Noorina Streenebus was our concierge  (one of two on the Wonder) she is very sweet, and very capable. The concierge desk always had people at it and she excelled at her work. Always kind, you are in good hands with her. She helped me get the C and A tier numbers on my trip. I asked and she punched into her computer, turned the screen and the total breakdown was there. Our #CK server who we had every night, so gracious and forward thinking should also be onboard as he said he was jumping over to Icon. I think a great many of that CK team will be there. They were pretty outstanding, right @OCSC Mike ?

Yes, we had Noorina but most of our dealings were with Kenny on that cruise. Nothing bad to say about her, just didn't interact with her as much. She did always seem to be busy helping others.

As you know, I thought that CK staff was amazing and I can't imagine ever receiving better service (not that I'll be in a suite again anytime soon). They did mention that several of them opened Wonder and would be opening Icon.

Hopefully Vinay (spelling is probably wrong, I should take pics like @Neesa, my eyes are terrible and I can't read name tags, lol) from India is the CK manager (or supervisor, I always get those two confused). He was the definition of above and beyond, especially when taking care of my niece's food allergies. Our regular server, Jimmy, was friendly, funny, and often bringing drinks or food items before we even ordered them. Lastly, Ajit was the best bartender ever. The SL was a ghost town in the afternoon so we really got to know him. Not just a nice guy but made amazing drinks. I showed him the ingredients of my favorite drink from Playmakers (The Pitch) in the app and he spent the rest of the cruise making them with top shelf liquors. They're fine at Playmakers but his were better, lol.

For those with access, I hope you see some of this crew!

@OCSC Mike yes, we interacted with Kenny much more. It looked like Noorena was working with the Genies and Stars. But, when Kenny was MIA one day, she was welcoming. I agree that at least on my sailing we did see Kenny working the room where she was at the desk. Different styles I guess but when I needed her she was great! On the quiet side was my thought. 

I also wonder if there will be 3 concierges moving forward? I think that would be prudent with the addition of the Sky Juniors and the Pinnacle numbers that avail themselves to that earned amenity....yes, 3 seems the way to move forward. 

23 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Different styles I guess but when I needed her she was great! On the quiet side was my thought. 

Agreed.

23 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I also wonder if there will be 3 concierges moving forward? I think that would be prudent with the addition of the Sky Juniors and the Pinnacle numbers that avail themselves to that earned amenity....yes, 3 seems the way to move forward. 

Makes sense, but above my pay grade and I'm not sure when/if I'll get to freeload into Sky Class again. The in laws are very generous but not willing to pay current/recent prices and Star coming to PC just makes it worse. Oh well, I check-in for my 1st Wonder cave next week. Woohoo!

2 hours ago, MLH said:

I wonder if there will always be 3 concierges or just for the first few sailings?

Perhaps they will keep 3 because Icon does seem to have a lot more at Sky class suites compared to Oasis class. I haven’t counted exact numbers but just off the top of my head, you have the Sky juniors, Surfside family, infinite grand, sunset suites, and pano suites that are all new Sky class categories. 

Question please? I just saw today an embarkation on Icon in Miami. Is that a comped sailing for the travel industry and family and friends of the cruise line? It was posted by Chris Wong. 

Curious minds want to know...

42 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Question please? I just saw today an embarkation on Icon in Miami. Is that a comped sailing for the travel industry and family and friends of the cruise line? It was posted by Chris Wong. 

Curious minds want to know...

Embarkation was yesterday. It's a media/TA sailing. @Matt and @Beci are on board.

53 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

109 between Sky (100) and Star (9).

42 of the Sky are Tot Town Surfside Family Suites.

Ref: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Icon/Icon_Categorization_Grid.pdf

Ok, in comparison 90 total on Oasis of the Seas Sky (77) and Star (13). I would say that would be enough of a difference for an additional suite concierge on Icon Class for Sky.

38 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I may send you my cc and my next RUB opportunity so you can use your magic for me!!

I swear I am not a lucky when it comes to winning things like this, but I guess luck was on my side again. Just like the last one, I did not bid high, a little over $300 above minimum. The little marker thing was still on the higher end of weak.

I have yet to break the news to Hubby....lol

Just now, MLH said:

Fantastic Sabrina!  I think it will be much quieter!

Oh for sure it will be. Might get some noise from the Aqua show but we don't sleep that early anyway. The only downside is possible motion from being that forward, but still a worthwhile risk to me to be back in the suite area of the ship.