Mods Gone Wild!!!! Icon Inaugural Sailing - January 27 - February 3, 2024

SpeedNoodles

8 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I am going to try a RUB on Utopia.

From what to what? Given that it's nearly identical to Wonder, I loved the suite neighborhood layout during my one time freeloading in a GS on Wonder. Being literally steps away from the SL/CK and right below the suite sun deck was amazing!

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

From what to what? Given that it's nearly identical to Wonder, I loved the suite neighborhood layout during my one time freeloading in a GS on Wonder. Being steps away from the SL/CK and right below the suite sun deck was amazing!

From balcony to junior suite. I love junior suites. I couldn't justify the cost. Hopefully, it will be cheaper.

Hubby came home from work and I broke the news to him.

The conversation went like this:

Hubby: How was your day?

Me: Good. I have great news!

Hubby: You booked the S2S?

Me: No….(wait…does this mean I can book the S2S?) 

Hubby: Ignores the S2S question…So what is the good news?

Me: WE ARE OUT OF TOT TOWN!

Hubby: How?

Me: We won our RU!

Hubby: We had a RU?

Me: You are now closer to the FlowRider and Mac n Cheese place 

Hubby: Well, if it makes you happy. 

He really is the best! ❤️ Happy to report that forgiveness has been granted 😂

Now…about that S2S 😉

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hubby came home from work and I broke the news to him.

The conversation went like this:

Hubby: How was your day?

Me: Good. I have great news!

Hubby: You booked the S2S?

If this isn’t permission then I don’t know what is 😂😂. And smart move telling him the RUB got him closer to the flowrider. After that he probably didn’t hear anything you said. That would have been the time to say you booked the S2S 😂😂

On 1/10/2024 at 10:21 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Unless I dreamed it (always possible), there was a crazy spread with lobster tails, giant shrimp, filet mignon, etc. It looked like a Chops buffet or something. 😋

I was not misremembering and there are pics on FB and other sites with a similar spread from the current TA/media sailings with lobster, filet mignon, etc. I have to believe the revenue inaugural will have a similar spread.

Have at it @Lovetocruise2002, it will be the best WJ meal of your life! 🤣

20 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

See ya later “Tot Town”! 😂

IMG_9696.jpeg

This is great news Sabrina - congratulations.  You will have to let me know if Justin participates in the best of the best again at Flowrider and if they once again announce him as the guy who spent more time there than with his wife lol.  I'm guessing that won't be the case this time - but I'm not as hopeful in March.  Have a wonderful cruise.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Have at it @Lovetocruise2002, it will be the best WJ meal of your life! 🤣

I hate to say it, but we might very well end up in the WJ on embarkation day. Hubby and I were just discussing this lol

5 minutes ago, recogneyes said:

This is great news Sabrina - congratulations.  You will have to let me know if Justin participates in the best of the best again at Flowrider and if they once again announce him as the guy who spent more time there than with his wife lol.  I'm guessing that won't be the case this time - but I'm not as hopeful in March.  Have a wonderful cruise.

There are already guys he met on the Flowrider on OY that he knows will be on the inaugural on Saturday lol

March on Oasis I for sure won't see much of him. I am sure that many of you know a certain fellow Canadian from that "other place" who also loves the wave. Well, he and Hubby already have plans 😂

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I hate to say it, but we might very well end up in the WJ on embarkation day. Hubby and I were just discussing this lol

If you don't go to the special events (yes, lobster in the WJ is an EVENT), what's the point of going on the inaugural? 🤣

This is why I was going to go on the Utopia inaugural until the prices came out and were cuckoo-bananas!

Is there any truth to the capacity for this sailing? I read somewhere it's at 80%. If that's true it will be amazing. Lots of kiddos in school as well. I'm thinking this is the sailing to be on, have the best time! 

I think it is super smart for Royal to release this beautiful family friendly ship this time of year, I can't imagine a summer release. This way any tweaks can be addressed before the summer crowd pounces!! 

25 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Is there any truth to the capacity for this sailing? I read somewhere it's at 80%. If that's true it will be amazing. Lots of kiddos in school as well. I'm thinking this is the sailing to be on, have the best time!

I think I read that here on RCB. They're starting below capacity and slowly ramping up. They will slowly increase to full capacity in time for the summer vacationers. 👍

4 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

You have the best luck! Seriously an Icon inaugural sailing RU win is a unicorn. I wish I had that kind of luck. 

It’s not really a unicorn. After final payment, a lot of suites came back into inventory. When the RU email came out on December 12, there were still just as many suites left in inventory. The prices were absurd, there was no way I was upgrading. However, I was tracking the suites and the number of them.

Because there were so many left (in all different categories of Sky and one Icon loft), I decided to try my luck and bid. Shortly after Christmas, all the suites disappeared all at once. I was not the only one to notice that. They never came back. I knew there was no way they were booked all at once so my guess was that they were pulled for RU or GTY suites, or both. As with all things RU related, I cannot confirm, however, the VP that I won the bid on, was the one and only VP that was leftover after final payment. Same room number. So I know for a fact that one I got, was the one that was pulled. 

I am super grateful though, because I know that I was not the only one to bid on the VP. 

In case anyone is wondering, these were my opening bids when the offer first came through on 12/12/2023. This is coming from an original booking in the Surfside Family Suite. I know from the FB roll call group that opening bids were nuts for others. I think even @SpeedNoodles can comment on that.

IMG_9715.thumb.jpeg.1245f5c2c2d4099b45348a2c18376cad.jpeg

My highest option was the Icon Loft. I only placed bids on the Sky Junior, VP, and Grand Suite. I had to stick to somewhat of a bidding budget because like I said before, this sailing is sandwiched between two really big ones for us. My sole objective was to get the heck out Tot Town and back into the suite’s neighbourhood. I knew from tracking the suites after final payment that there was not much hope for a Sky Junior or GS because those never came back into inventory. Infinite Grands, Sunset Suites, and Corner Sunsets came back into inventory but I was not interested in those because they are not on Deck 16/17. And while Owners and one Loft came back into inventory, the opening bid for Owners and Loft were more than I wanted/could spend. That left me with hope in the single VP that I was tracking before they pulled it. PTL I got it and we are back in the suite snob comfort zone 😂

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I had to stick to somewhat of a bidding budget

Your "bidding budget" approaches my interior cabin budget for a week on Wonder. 🤣

If I had to pick a suite it would be the Panoramic since we don't use our balcony when we have one anyway. We tried to RUB to a regular Panoramic OV (not suite) on Indy just b/c they looked cool and the starting bid was very low but we don't have your luck.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

In case anyone is wondering, these were my opening bids when the offer first came through on 12/12/2023. This is coming from an original booking in the Surfside Family Suite. I know from the FB roll call group that opening bids were nuts for others. I think even @SpeedNoodles can comment on that.

The lowest price for me to RoyalUp to a Sky Junior Suite was $1775 per person.  It was a big nope for me.

So this “Mod” is completely packed and ready to go, expect for the last minute morning stuff. Hubby, as you can probably guess is 0% packed. In fact, he has hit an all time low.

Last night (Tuesday), my sister asked us over family dinner how early we plan to drive to DTW tomorrow (Thursday). Hubby looked at us and said, “Wait, you mean Friday morning right?” I kid you all not, I cannot make this stuff up!

Needless to say, he had to do some rearranging at work today. In my defence, travel arrangements were given to him verbally, and in writing, many times. It is also marked clearly on the fridge family calendar. Everyone also seems to be aware that tomorrow is travel day. In Hubby’s defence…he said he never looks at the fridge calendar! 🤦🏻‍♀️And apparently tunes out my voice too.

In the words of @asquared17 GOODBYE 😂, and in the words of @Ampurp85, “Reading is fundamental” 😂😂

56 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hubby, as you can probably guess is 0% packed. In fact, he has hit an all time low.

Hubby looked at us and said, “Wait, you mean Friday morning right?” I kid you all not, I cannot make this stuff up!

He sounds exactly like my wife. I actually gave her a spreadsheet with all the days she needed to request off for work this year so she could put in the request. My guess is she will still miss some.