Mods Gone Wild!!!! Icon Inaugural Sailing - January 27 - February 3, 2024

SpeedNoodles

Let's get this PARTY STARTED!!!

That's right, for the FIRST TIME, your favorite (only?) Royal Caribbean Blog moderators (me, @AshleyDillo, and @Lovetocruise2002) are sailing on the same ship at the same time!  This is going to be epi..... errrr... dare I say "ICONIC"?

I am so excited for this sailing.  There will be so many new things and so many old and new friends to spend time with.  Each one of us will contribute in our own way.  If there's something on the ship that YOU want us to document, ask a moderator!!!!!!!  

More to come!

Will there be enough 🍸 and Ranger Cookies onboard for Girls gone wild with the rest of the clan.... 

This means Sabrina will have to venture into the WJ to report back to us.  Just not peak and run away

Suite lounge here they come

Can't leave behind Ashley's mom either as she will definitely be on board

Are the genie's ready for this epic Girl's gone wild venture with the rest of clan?

Lots of pics of the cabins, food and menus of new venues. 

What type of cabins and location on ship did everyone book?

10 minutes ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

I have booked an Oceanview Balcony (4D).  I'm on Deck 8, behind the Trellis Bar.  My initial goal was to get a suite, but the suites were just too much of a financial leap for me on this one.   A Royal Up attempt to a Junior Suite was $3500!   I rarely, if ever, step into the WJ - we may have to task someone with that one!

30 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I rarely, if ever, step into the WJ - we may have to task someone with that one!

I’d normally make a joke about @Lovetocruise2002 here but given that her “review” of the Odyssey WJ consisted of some lovely pics of CocoCay out the back window & nothing else, perhaps not her. I got more pics of Doritos than the WJ. 🙄🤣

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I’d normally make a joke about @Lovetocruise2002 here but given that her “review” of the Odyssey WJ consisted of some lovely pics of CocoCay out the back window & nothing else, perhaps not her. I got more pics of Doritos than the WJ. 🙄🤣

For you guys I MIGHT go inside to snap some photos.  I'll need some liquid courage first.

Does it look like you have to go through the WJ to get to The Hideaway? Awkward.

image.png.f02540a8e6471538946af435d3aa7900.png

2 hours ago, Sweety said:

Please talk about the news restaurants. 

Pass. We did not book the UDP on this one so you will get a full review of CK and The Grove from me 😉

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I will have VOOM so we will try to keep up with all post approvals and reports. @Matt told me he can always tell when one of us is on a cruise by the posts waiting for approval 😂

This is funny. I can tell too lol. We will all try to hold it together. I also will have VOOM.

43 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Safe to say I probably won’t be anywhere near the WJ on this one. Maybe if Hubby will leave the FlowRider, I can tell him to snap a few. He already met some people on this Odyssey sailing that are also on the Icon inaugural. Shockingly he never made it into the WJ on OY. 

1 hour ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

Suite lounge here they come

That’s me!! 

1 hour ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

Are the genie's ready for this epic Girl's gone wild venture with the rest of clan?

No clue, but we cannot afford star on icon. I am currently trying to find a way out of my surfside family suite 😂

12 hours ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

Can't leave behind Ashley's mom either as she will definitely be on board

She definitely will..I need her generosity to even be on this sailing 😂

14 hours ago, Sweety said:

Please talk about the news restaurants.

I have UDP so I hope to report back. Of course with new menus and a picky eater in my party, should be tons of fun 😒

12 hours ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

No genie for us either 😭 Star Class prices were outrageous.

13 hours ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

We will be in a Panoramic Suite on Deck 16.

1 hour ago, Sweety said:

I will be on Utopia in July. I will be looking at the reviews of the restaurants. I hope Mason Jar is on your list.

Maybe someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe Mason Jar is on Icon...

(edit) Oh! Wait! Did you think this live blog was for the Utopia inaugural?  😃

I was surprised that they have no replacements on Icon for Mason Jar, 150 Central Park, Wonderland, etc. They added Empire Supper Club and Celebration Table (kept Chef's Table), but no other traditional specialty restaurants. I think they just added a bunch of grab and go spots.

Here is the list of specialty restaurants for our May 11th sailing this year in the Cruise Planner (same old options):

image.thumb.png.883832b06f971917761a3d3c32eb970d.png

Cannot wait to follow along.

You guys do some epic coverage of everything adult on RCB, but I know there are quite a few people that would love to know what's going on with Adventure Ocean, Surf Side, etc. for kiddos under the age of 12. Even if you could just step in and grab some snapshots, that would be awesome.

Enjoy the cruise! I'll be living vicariously through all of you. 😃

6 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

Cannot wait to follow along.

You guys do some epic coverage of everything adult on RCB, but I know there are quite a few people that would love to know what's going on with Adventure Ocean, Surf Side, etc. for kiddos under the age of 12. Even if you could just step in and grab some snapshots, that would be awesome.

Enjoy the cruise! I'll be living vicariously through all of you. 😃

I will be braving the kiddo zone for pics and impressions.  I have a few non-blog friends who also need the low down on tot town.  I probably won't get into Adventure Ocean itself (don't worry - @Matt will no doubt cover it), but I'll get the more public areas.

23 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Maybe someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe Mason Jar is on Icon...

(edit) Oh! Wait! Did you think this live blog was for the Utopia inaugural?  😃

I was surprised that they have no replacements on Icon for Mason Jar, 150 Central Park, Wonderland, etc. They added Empire Supper Club and Celebration Table (kept Chef's Table), but no other traditional specialty restaurants. I think they just added a bunch of grab and go spots.

Here is the list of specialty restaurants for our May 11th sailing this year in the Cruise Planner (same old options):

image.thumb.png.883832b06f971917761a3d3c32eb970d.png

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Sweety said:

I will be on Utopia in July. I will be looking at the reviews of the restaurants. I hope Mason Jar is on your list.

FWIW, since MJ is not on Icon, I'll say MJ brunch on Wonder was one of the best meals I've ever had on a ship. We don't do much specialty dining but we have it booked for every upcoming Wonder cruise.

17 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I have booked an Oceanview Balcony (4D).  I'm on Deck 8, behind the Trellis Bar.  My initial goal was to get a suite, but the suites were just too much of a financial leap for me on this one.   A Royal Up attempt to a Junior Suite was $3500!   I rarely, if ever, step into the WJ - we may have to task someone with that one!

Cudos for avoiding WJ.  A great cruise for us is when we complete the cruise with no WJ interaction.

28 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

To further things to avoid on “Mods gone wild”, you will also see this mod running from the WJ, kid zone, and now apparently Rover 😕😬

IMG_9634.thumb.jpeg.84b9cc6a1a3750816e9f0322ca5d6609.jpeg

I'm on it.  I will represent the mods for this new crew member.  He looks amazing, despite the extremely cliche of a name (come on, be at least a LITTLE creative).  I'm a tad surprised they didn't get a breed that was a little less sheddy, but you can't beat the friendly nature of the breed.