Magnets on cabin doors

Absolutely!  It’s fun to do and helps you find your room after a few drinks!  🤪  On our last cruise our friends hung up a magnetic board with an outline of the US States.  There were very tiny sticky dots in a baggie next to it and people stuck the dots on the state they came from.  By the end of the cruise there were over 75 dots which filled at least 60% of the 50 states!  
Of course, it helped that our rooms were near the top of the hallway so there was lots of traffic to stop by!

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

They do!  I personally no longer put magnet writing boards up because I was harassed by profanity and other sorts of harassment last time I tried to use one, but I'm sure that's a one-off.

We like to walk the various cabin decks looking at the art displays, and I’ll erase any vulgar graffiti I see on peoples boards. 

2 minutes ago, teddy said:

We like to walk the various cabin decks looking at the art displays, and I’ll erase any vulgar graffiti I see on peoples boards. 

I never thought of that teddy. I always like looking at the doors as we come and go, but to go out of our way on other decks. Nice. I can't even draw a stick figure so whatever people do I can appreciate. 

8 minutes ago, AandD said:

I never thought of that teddy. I always like looking at the doors as we come and go, but to go out of our way on other decks. Nice. I can't even draw a stick figure so whatever people do I can appreciate. 

There are some really cool things that people do to their doors. 

49 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

If it’s magnets you value don’t hang them.  Too many cruises I’ve seen people post in the FB group that someone stole their magnets.  I imagine it’s more like a prank, took and moved, but I’ve never heard that they’ve been found. 

That’s sad.  We haven’t had any stolen from our doors yet.  We’ll see in another 3 weeks if our streak continues…

We have lost our decorations on the last two cruises we have taken this summer. The wife makes some really nice butterfly and lizard decorations from figures we purchase from Hobby Lobby and add magnets to the feet or back. This last cruise it was two out of the three decorations that were taken the final night just before we packed. There at dinner time but gone by 9:00pm. Will not stop us from going out and replacing them as it really makes the cabin easy to find but hope it is not a trend. Maybe it will subside once the majority of kids are back in school.

21 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

They do!  I personally no longer put magnet writing boards up because I was harassed by profanity and other sorts of harassment last time I tried to use one, but I'm sure that's a one-off.

Not a one-off it happens at time much like missing magnets.

Mostly kids that run unsupervised.

19 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

If it’s magnets you value don’t hang them.  Too many cruises I’ve seen people post in the FB group that someone stole their magnets.  I imagine it’s more like a prank, took and moved, but I’ve never heard that they’ve been found. 

We put the magnets above the peephole. Haven't lost it yet. Our theory the little ones can't reach. 

On 7/4/2023 at 6:55 PM, Pattycruise said:

Too many cruises I’ve seen people post in the FB group that someone stole their magnets

On our last cruise, we had the opposite experience.  Magnets started arriving on our door the first night and they just kept multiplying.  By the final night, we had a menagerie of colorful creatures.  Absent any clue as to who left them or why, we simply enjoyed the display and hoped someone would retrieve their items before debarking.

On 7/4/2023 at 6:27 PM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Absolutely!  It’s fun to do and helps you find your room after a few drinks!  🤪  On our last cruise our friends hung up a magnetic board with an outline of the US States.  There were very tiny sticky dots in a baggie next to it and people stuck the dots on the state they came from.  By the end of the cruise there were over 75 dots which filled at least 60% of the 50 states!  
Of course, it helped that our rooms were near the top of the hallway so there was lots of traffic to stop by!

I love this idea!

On 7/8/2023 at 9:23 AM, Butterfly73 said:

Thank you for all of the great responses! I will be celebrating my 50th birthday on a cruise at the end of this month. So I wanted to get some birthday cruise magnets. I have found some good ones on Amazon. 

I'm cruising for my 50th in October. I may have to decorate too! Happy Birthday!

I hope this is still a thing, as I got several magnets off of Amazon that I was looking to decorate my door with---to help me find my cabin after a long, and hopefully relaxing day of sipping my virgin drinks. While I don't want them to disappear, if they do, oh well...I'll keep any sentimental magnets on the inside of the cabin just to make sure.

One of our last cruises we were a member of a Facebook page for that cruise. A member of that Facebook group organized, a “magnet share”. Whomever wanted to participate, commented on that Facebook page with our room numbers. Each person participating brought a magnet representing the state that they were from. Once on the cruise, we delivered our magnets to each door. It was entertaining to see all the different states and countries that ended up on our door.