Jump to content

What Is The Funniest Thing You've Witnessed While In The Terminal Or On The Ship?


Recommended Posts

For me, it was in Brand X's Terminal in Port Everglades.  A middle aged women tried to give the Kiosk Lady a SNAP card to use to secure her account.  Obviously, it was not acceptable.  The more the attendant tried to explain why they would not accept a SNAP card, the louder the lady got.  It was amazing, to me, how the attendant kept her cool.  After several minutes of screaming, the lady said, with a lot of 4 letter words being used, "Okay, I'll give you my *&*%# cash".  She opened her very large purse, pulled out a very large wad of cash and handed it over to the attendant without even counting it.  The attendant counted it in front of her and said that it was exactly $1,500,00.  The lady said, "Ya, that the *&&^%$ amount and you just took my *&^%$ casino money from me".  After completing whatever else that was required, the lady asked, "I hope you are *&^% happy now" and stomped, and I do mean stomping her feet, all the way to the waiting area.  And while she was in the waiting area she was talking to herself, loudly, about how she just got screwed/@#$%^ by Brand X.  I'm only surprised that she was allowed to proceed and not escorted out of the terminal, she may have been eventually as I never saw her on the ship.  However, I was almost on the floor laughing at how much of a spectacle she was making of herself.  

I've never seen anything like that at a Royal terminal, thankfully.  But, I just couldn't believe that someone would try to use a SNAP card to pay for a cruise account and then get hyper angry over its nonacceptance.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Sailing out of the Bahamas last July, a woman puking her guts out BEFORE checking in. 

I saw a guy puking his guts out on the beach in Bermuda, then digging a hole for said puke and covering it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Suite Snob said:

For me, it was in Brand X's Terminal in Port Everglades.  A middle aged women tried to give the Kiosk Lady a SNAP card to use to secure her account.  Obviously, it was not acceptable.  The more the attendant tried to explain why they would not accept a SNAP card, the louder the lady got.  It was amazing, to me, how the attendant kept her cool.  After several minutes of screaming, the lady said, with a lot of 4 letter words being used, "Okay, I'll give you my *&*%# cash".  She opened her very large purse, pulled out a very large wad of cash and handed it over to the attendant without even counting it.  The attendant counted it in front of her and said that it was exactly $1,500,00.  The lady said, "Ya, that the *&&^%$ amount and you just took my *&^%$ casino money from me".  After completing whatever else that was required, the lady asked, "I hope you are *&^% happy now" and stomped, and I do mean stomping her feet, all the way to the waiting area.  And while she was in the waiting area she was talking to herself, loudly, about how she just got screwed/@#$%^ by Brand X.  I'm only surprised that she was allowed to proceed and not escorted out of the terminal, she may have been eventually as I never saw her on the ship.  However, I was almost on the floor laughing at how much of a spectacle she was making of herself.  

I've never seen anything like that at a Royal terminal, thankfully.  But, I just couldn't believe that someone would try to use a SNAP card to pay for a cruise account and then get hyper angry over its nonacceptance.  

I have no idea what a SNAP card is, however, I’m really not surprised in the least bit as I e witnessed verbal altercations many times at the check in counter (seems to be a hot bed of activity). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zacharius said:

Dude walking around with a Flava Flav clock hanging from his neck, a drink in his hand (one of many, I assume), and kept going up to people asking them if they knew what time it was. He then jumped in the pool fully clothed, still wearing said clock. I laughed. 

Are you sure this was not famed RCBlog Illuminati “cooking yo”? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lady begged to get her and her husband on the Love and Marriage game show stage.  She got them on and they took last place.  After the show was a pool deck party.  She screamed at everyone that she did not appreciate being laughed at and jumped in the pool fully clothed.  She had issues!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First time in Cozumel, sitting on our port side balcony waiting for the ship to depart, a gentleman suddenly appears sprinting down the dock towards the ship with both arms loaded with shopping bags.  Unfortunately for him, the gangway had already been pulled back and he was stopped by 2 security guards who turned him around and started walking with him back to the port.  The whole time, he kept turning around and looking at the ship while still clutching all those bags.

If anyone had witnessed my brother-in-law trying to zipline in Jamaica, they would have had a good laugh.  Fortunately for him, it was a tamer course with mattresses on the end of each run to cushion the runaways.  He needed each one of them.  He was bruised when it was done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I have no idea what a SNAP card is, however, I’m really not surprised in the least bit as I e witnessed verbal altercations many times at the check in counter (seems to be a hot bed of activity). 

From Google - "The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is the largest federal nutrition assistance program. SNAP provides benefits to eligible low-income individuals and families via an Electronic Benefits Transfer card. This card can be used like a debit card to purchase eligible food in authorized retail food stores."

Formerly food stamps, also known in same areas as EBT 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

M poor grandson spent about 6 hours in the wave pool at CocoCay and running to the Snack Shack.  As we were leaving, he looks at me, turns green & says “I don’t feel good”🤢. God love the girl at the towel station “right over by that bush sweetheart, we’ll clean it up”.  Then she took him to the bar & got him a can of ginger ale.  What a great employee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I have no idea what a SNAP card is, however, I’m really not surprised in the least bit as I e witnessed verbal altercations many times at the check in counter (seems to be a hot bed of activity). 

SNAP is the latest iteration of "Food Stamps", but it is a debit type card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PatsFanBrian said:

First time in Cozumel, sitting on our port side balcony waiting for the ship to depart, a gentleman suddenly appears sprinting down the dock towards the ship with both arms loaded with shopping bags.  Unfortunately for him, the gangway had already been pulled back and he was stopped by 2 security guards who turned him around and started walking with him back to the port.  The whole time, he kept turning around and looking at the ship while still clutching all those bags.

If anyone had witnessed my brother-in-law trying to zipline in Jamaica, they would have had a good laugh.  Fortunately for him, it was a tamer course with mattresses on the end of each run to cushion the runaways.  He needed each one of them.  He was bruised when it was done.

I love watching the Youtube videos of the "Pier Runners".  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted mine already in another thread, but it still makes me shake my head whenever I think about it (and wonder how the RC staff replied):  At the end of our cruise, heading off the ship to the terminal to get our luggage, we witnessed a lady berating an employee that HER luggage hadn't made it down yet, yelling "But you've had it since 10:00 last night!!"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was watching the sexist man contest one time. They asked the lady next to me to be a judge. She replied along the lines of she had no interest in men. Then watching all those guys dance and do their thing in front of her trying to get a vote.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since the Statue of Limatations has ran its time I'll tell my now funny story.  We were booked on a 15 night Acapulco, Mexico to Hawaii returning to SanDiego.  This was 2007 on the Legend and RCCL didn't have much of a cruise port in Acapulco.  We meet at a large hotel conference center where everyone was checked in and then bused to the ship.  When we got to the ship we were sent to a large aluminum warehouse type of building.  Keep in mind it was mid-summer in sunny Mexico and was hotter than the hinges of hell.  More and more people kept entering the already crowded warehouse.  There were gates at the gangway door which led to the ship.  I was sweating profusely by this time and my wife who had health problems was on the verge of passing out.  The crowd was starting the shout "Let us On" but with no results.  A long came a security guard seeking entrance through the gate so he could go to his station.  The guard on the ship side of the gate unlocked the gate and slid the gate to the side so the guard could enter.  I looked at the group of fellows next to me and said I'm game if you're game it's time to board!  With that the gates were pushed to the side and at least 500 cruise passengers headed on to the ship.  I felt so bad by the time we crashed the gate that the thought of a Mexican jail was actual an improvement over the current situation.  I am now 72 years old and still think back with glee at my last act of civil disobedience!  I'm not sorry I did it and if I had it to do over I would do the same thing.  Upon return my wife wrote the President of RCCL regarding the event and how terrible it was.  Much to my surprise RCCL actually called her to acknowledge things went terrible wrong.  They apologized and gave us a 10% discount toward our next cruise.  Sorry this was so long.

Bill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Paid4c4 said:

Since the Statue of Limatations has ran its time I'll tell my now funny story.  We were booked on a 15 night Acapulco, Mexico to Hawaii returning to SanDiego.  This was at least 20 years ago and RCCL didn't have much of a cruise port in Acapulco.  We meet at a large hotel conference center where everyone was checked in and then bused to the ship.  When we got to the ship we were sent to a large aluminum warehouse type of building.  Keep in mind it was mid-summer in sunny Mexico and was hotter than the hinges of hell.  More and more people kept entering the already crowded warehouse.  There were gates at the gangway door which led to the ship.  I was sweating profusely by this time and my wife who had health problems was on the verge of passing out.  The crowd was starting the shout "Let is On" but with no results.  A long came a security guard seeking entrance through the gate so he could go to his station.  The guard on the ship side of the gate unlocked the gate and slid the gate to the side so the guard could enter.  I looked at the group of fellows next to me and said I'm game if you're game it's time to board!  With that the gates were pushed to the side and at least 500 cruise passengers headed on to the ship.  I felt so bad by the time we crashed the gate that the thought of a Mexican jail was actual an improvement over the current situation.  I am now 72 years old and still think back with glee at my last act of civil disobedience!  I'm not sorry I did it and if I had it to do over I would do the same thing.  Upon return my wife wrote the President of RCCL regarding the event and how terrible it was.  Much to my surprise RCCL actually called her to acknowledge things went terrible wrong.  They apologized and gave us a 10% discount toward our next cruise.  Sorry this was so long.

Bill

Do you hear the sound of sirens coming up to your driveway.  It's off to the hoosgow with ya.  How do you sleep at night?    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a twofer of the same lady. I was sailing freedom out of Miami this past Feb on a 2n cruise. Since I was solo, they allowed me to use the suite/pinnacle line to board. The lady in front me had on some sort of inflatable butt, her daughter kindly pointed out that one "cheek" was bigger than the other. She of course turned bright red and looked around to see if anyone heard her. I pretended to not hear anything but couldn't help but laugh when she walked the other way. Later on the pool deck I saw that same lady in a bikini, I guess the daughter was on "booty" duty because every so often I would hear "its falling out mom!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I have a twofer of the same lady. I was sailing freedom out of Miami this past Feb on a 2n cruise. Since I was solo, they allowed me to use the suite/pinnacle line to board. The lady in front me had on some sort of inflatable butt, her daughter kindly pointed out that one "cheek" was bigger than the other. She of course turned bright red and looked around to see if anyone heard her. I pretended to not hear anything but couldn't help but laugh when she walked the other way. Later on the pool deck I saw that same lady in a bikini, I guess the daughter was on "booty" duty because every so often I would hear "its falling out mom!"

I didn’t even realize there was such a thing as an inflatable butt.  …of course, I have no need for such enhancement as I have a natural inflate-ation.  Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I didn’t even realize there was such a thing as an inflatable butt.  …of course, I have no need for such enhancement as I have a natural inflate-ation.  Lol

I didn't either but they make everything now; I looked it up later out of curiosity. It looks like a piece of shapewear, designed to wear under pants. I don't think it was meant for swimwear 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...