And there go the Crystal Blocks...

8 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Pardon me, but what’s on the block?  Is it the ship you’re on or is it a generic ship?

It's a drawing of the ship class you're on plus the name of the ship.

20181017_193209.thumb.jpg.0b19d29e3e692e08cfece91606a4d7cf.jpg

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

Starting at 140 and every 70 thereafter.  

So if after our Symphony cruise in October we have 125 points ……. And after our Odyssey cruise over Thanksgiving we’d have 157 points ……. Does that mean we get a block on Odyssey?  Or would we have to wait and get a block on Mariner in December?

I’m hoping the answer is that we get an Odyssey block LOL 

8 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

So it after our symphony cruise in October we have 125 points ……. And after our Odyssey cruise over Thanksgiving we’d have 157 points ……. Does that mean we get a block on Odyssey?  Or would we have to wait and get a block on Mariner in December?

I’m hoping the answer is that we get an Odyssey block LOL 

You SHOULD get your block on the cruise during which you attain 140 points, so that would be OY.  You may have to go and beg for it but that’s when you should get it.  

Unlike leveling up to the next level which only occurs once the cruise ends and the points post to your account, blocks are awarded on the ship where you will cross a threshold.

In the past they didn't always factor in bonus multipliers for solo or suites so I always stopped by the Loyalty Ambassador's desk to inquire and make sure they know I'm due a block.

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

Unlike leveling up to the next level which only occurs once the cruise ends and the points post to your account, blocks are awarded on the ship where you will cross a threshold.

I’ve twisted the arm of C&A Ambassadors to give me my pin on the sailing where I got to a new level. ?  

Sometimes, because of how slow points post to your account, if you did B2B or S2S near a threshold you might "accidentally" get a block twice or blocks from two ships. 

The first ship shows you are due for a block so you get one.  The next ship thinks you are due for one because the points from the last cruise haven't posted yet when you sail them close together near a threshold.  Both ships think you crossed the threshold on that ship.

@twangsterYour block collection is beautiful?, make me really want one. I brought a block with the  Colosseum in it when I was in Rome and one of the Titanic museum when I visited Belfast. Was using them as a paperweights at work, we had a visiting lawyer who thought it might be a good idea to juggle them. Thankfully only the Colosseum one has a chipped edge.

3 hours ago, dswallow said:

You are not alone doing that. On the other hand with double points it gets a little silly.

image.png.a2422df6fe244bc23c7ea3a272b7acf9.png

Wow Doug...that is an impressive journey to hit Pinnacle... Anthem of the Seas in Jan 2022 correct? Almost 1000 by end of 2022...wow! I don't know how many points Super Mario has...but this is impressive.

20 minutes ago, Cruising With JT said:

Wow Doug...that is an impressive journey to hit Pinnacle... Anthem of the Seas in Jan 2022 correct? Almost 1000 by end of 2022...wow! I don't know how many points Super Mario has...but this is impressive.

The double points offer has simply been amazing for helping reach that goal more quickly than I'd have considered possible.

I found this on Super Mario: Royal Caribbean's #1 Cruise Passenger Super Mario Records 8,000th Cruise Point (cruisefever.net)

Based on that, I'd guess he's somewhere a few hundred points shy of 9,000 now.

9 minutes ago, dswallow said:

The double points offer has simply been amazing for helping reach that goal more quickly than I'd have considered possible.

I found this on Super Mario: Royal Caribbean's #1 Cruise Passenger Super Mario Records 8,000th Cruise Point (cruisefever.net)

Based on that, I'd guess he's somewhere a few hundred points shy of 9,000 now.

Very nice!!! I am currently Gold with 17 points only but will reach Diamond by my December cruise on Navigator. The double points promotion is amazing!! An early congrats on getting to Pinnacle. Being Diamond+ right now must feel nice! It will take me awhile to get there and who knows how long it will take for Pinnacle, maybe my whole life once the Double points go away lol.

Wow @ Super Mario amazing.... 8000 points and counting!!

8 hours ago, twangster said:

My spreadsheet uses a —-

Ohhhh, any chance you would care to share your spreadsheet layout and formulas? I have been thinking of making one, but would love a basis where to start ?

1 hour ago, Nicci said:

Ohhhh, any chance you would care to share your spreadsheet layout and formulas? I have been thinking of making one, but would love a basis where to start ?

I'm a Mac user so my spreadsheet is in Apple Numbers format but more importantly I don't trust certain file types when shared in the wild since some can contain malicious code.  I would never download a strangers spreadsheet so by the same token I don't share spreadsheets.  I've also discovered that conditional formatting rules don't seem to survive very well when converting between Excel and Numbers and a lot of the magic in my spreadsheet is based on conditional formatting. 

My spreadsheet also has a life of its own.  It's evolved several times.  As different things become important to me I move columns around and track things like fees and taxes to make it easier to check for price drops by displaying the unloaded (pre-tax) base fare.  

There is a probably a more efficient way to calculate the glass block or not column.  

To contain the size of the formula I have adjusted the range used in different areas of my spreadsheet.  My past cruising isn't going to change so there was no need to build on this to cover the range from 140 to some future potential larger value with a really long formula so I just manipulate the same formula as I venture into new territory.  

An earlier version for lower points (140 to 700):

IF(AND($M17<140,$M18≥140),"Block",IF(AND($M17<210,$M18≥210),"Block",IF(AND($M17<280,$M18≥280),"Block",IF(AND($M17<350,$M18≥350),"Block",IF(AND($M17<420,$M18≥420),"Block",IF(AND($M17<490,$M18≥490),"Block",IF(AND($M17<560,$M18≥560),"Block",IF(AND($M17<630,$M18≥630),"Block",IF(AND($M17<700,$M18≥700),"Block","")))))))))

Column M is my C&A points tally.  It looks at my last point count and my next point count to see if I crossed a block threshold.  This is combined with a conditional formatting rule to turn the cell green when text "Block" is present that the formula above populates into the cell.

1561694453_ScreenShot2021-07-15at6_46_52AM.jpg.53292a875fddf74a6171c6eb81aed7dc.jpg

The problem with this early version is that I was lazy and used ">" which produced errors when my point count was exactly on a block threshold so my later versions included "greater than or equal to" and "less than or equal to".   As I climbed higher I updated the range (700 to 1,470).  

IF(AND($M73≤699,$M74≥700),"Block",IF(AND($M73≤769,$M74≥770),"Block",IF(AND($M73≤839,$M74≥840),"Block",IF(AND($M73≤909,$M74≥910),"Block",IF(AND($M73≤979,$M74≥980),"Block",IF(AND($M73≤1049,$M74≥1050),"Block",IF(AND($M73≤1119,$M74≥1120),"Block",IF(AND($M73≤1189,$M74≥1190),"Block",IF(AND($M73≤1259,$M74≥1260),"Block",IF(AND($M73≤1329,$M74≥1330),"Block",IF(AND($M73≤1339,$M74≥1400),"Block",IF(AND($M73≤1469,$M74≥1470),"Block",""))))))))))))

The rest of the spreadsheet is pretty simple math and columns that are important to me.  

I have a column that tracks Voom purchases.  To date in my RCI lifetime I have spent over $4k on Voom.  Gulp. 

I have a column that records if I have purchased the drink package.  My run rate is 27% on the deluxe drink packages.  

How many days until my next Royal Caribbean cruise?  Yep, I have a column for that.

I have columns that record the cabin type which allows to calculate how often I stay in each type of cabin.  As C&A balcony discounts have improved I have stayed in balcony cabins more often and the spreadsheet confirms that.

I often see people claim that you can reach Pinnacle by staying in cheap interior cabins then they find the cheapest interior price and do some simple calculation.  It's never that simple.  Those ultra cheap interior cruises don't occur every week or even every month.  If I had limited myself to just ultra cheap cruises I'd be way down in the points race.  On my way to Pinnacle my cabin breakdown was:

1703521739_ScreenShot2021-07-15at7_01_26AM.jpg.dc0999fef7114055914edf508c524176.jpg

So much for getting there on ultra cheap interior bookings...

How much did Pinnacle cost?  I'm not saying, but my spreadsheet knows.  

My columns include:

Booking #, Base Fare, Taxes/Fees, Deposit type, FCC (yes/no if applied), Start Date, End Date, Duration, Points, Countdown, Cruise #, Total C&A Points, Glass Block, Price All In, Price per night, Price per point,  FCC Balance, Cruise Balance, Final Payment Due Date, Voom Cost, Cabin Category, Cabin #,  Interior, OV, Balcony, Suite, Prepaid Gratuity

My C&A Points Column has conditional formatting rules that change the background color to match C&A colors:

1031148616_ScreenShot2021-07-15at7_19_23AM.thumb.jpg.a133804c16857afab585d3a71b55b6bd.jpg

When cruises cancel I cut and paste them off to a lower section that doesn't contribute to my metrics but allows me to retain a record for future reference.

Half the fun of cruising is planning the cruise.  For me some of the fun is also tracking it all and feeding my spreadsheet.  

Tracking FCC application is also critical as cruises have cancelled and FCC is reissued or combined and then reissued.  You definitely want to track all that.

RELATED TOPIC:  For those who've sailed since cruises restarted, has anyone gotten the points from the Double Points promo as expected?

2 points per passenger/night - regular staterooms (double occupancy)

4 points per solo passenger/night

I don't know how points work for JS and upper suites (I'll cross the bridge when I get there)