Royal Caribbean Blog

So far, we've sailed on the Liberty, Enchantment and Majesty. Although she wasn't perfect, for some reason, I think that dh and I favor the Enchantment. Don't get me wrong: each ship has its own pluses and minuses (the ice show and Johnny Rocket's on the Liberty were great) but I think that the friendliness of the crew endeared us to the Enchantment the most. We also liked the Compass Deli on the Majesty, so much that we never made it to the Johnny Rocket's on that ship. I am hoping that RC will deem it necessary to finally address the rust problem on the hull of the Enchantment; we saw no rust issues on the ship's interiors. 

My goal is to cruise on one of the "big girls" - we have cruises booked on the Oasis and Allure for later on this year. I am so hoping that we will be able to sail!

My introduction to cruising was on the Adventure of the Seas at the time it was doing round trips out of San Juan PR.  Prior to this I thought I knew what cruising entail also one of my family members had a horrendous experience on a Carnival cruise ship and swore I would never get on a cruise ship.  

However someone in my family had taken a RC cruise and was ranting and raving about how good RC cruises were and instead of our usual land based family vacation they planned a family cruise.  It was a fairly inexpensive cruise so I thought why  not give it a try its only 7 days and if I don' like it I can always get off the ship book a hotel and fly home after all I work in the travel industry.  Needless to say I didn't get off the ship I loved it, the entire experience was almost magical.  Before that cruise when I wanted beach vacation I would always go to resorts, but after that first cruise I had not set foot on another land based beach resort until 2020.  Since my first cruise in 2008 I've been taking 3 and some time 4 cruise per year all thanks to the Adventure of the Seats.

I love Freedom, Quantum and Oasis Class ships but Adventure of the Seas will hold a special place in my heart for ever and I've taken multiple cruises on her she is simply a beautiful ship.

having been on all of the voyager class except mariner and then on symphony, the voyager class has to be it for me with Navigator at the top.  Love that mariner is doing a slightly different itinerary with the 8 night offering out there, like many I certainly wish they would open Navigator up a bit, but then it is a business and that 3/4 night continuous loop out of miami must just be printing money for them.  Voyager class offers all of the things 99% of cruisers need for a warm weather cruise (how many of you are doing skypad?) honestly the only thing I truly hands down liked better on symphony was the front of ship wide view solarium with pool, but unfortunately the bar and cafe up there was always slammed and way understaffed, also the adults only wasn't enforced at all.

Maybe I loved that solarium so much because on the rest of the ship I just lost touch with the fact that we were actually out at sea on the symphony, it was amazing but too much going on, feeling very crowded along with the sheer number of venues led to very FOMO feeling, a week was not enough time to get around and really ever be comfortable.  schooner bar is a favorite but locked into an odd spot on oasis class, the board walk and music hall space facing the back of ship felt very underutilized and yet playmakers was always too packed, as was el loco fresh and WJ.....central park was a welcome quiet place but couldn't see the water.....need to try freedom/indy for the amplified experience on a stretched out Voyager class.  there's just nothing like knowing the layout and being comfortable with your surroundings.

Ok what is the problem with Cats?!?!?  I’ve seen several bad posts about it.  I look at the alternatives (grease and mamma Mia) and I don’t get it.   A musical based on bad elevator music and another that was only so so to start and then made worse by Olivia Newton John and John Travolta.  At least Sir Andrew has actual talent as a composer.  So tell me, what gives?

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Ok what is the problem with Cats?!?!?  I’ve seen several bad posts about it.  I look at the alternatives (grease and mamma Mia) and I don’t get it.   A musical based on bad elevator music and another that was only so so to start and then made worse by Olivia Newton John and John Travolta.  At least Sir Andrew has actual talent as a composer.  So tell me, what gives?

source.gif

8 hours ago, Pooch said:

Is the lack of a story line too confusing??  It really is more a series of vignettes based on the Book of Practical Cats by TS Elliot.   Music is still better than ABBA.  And Grease ends with Rizzo finally getting her period?!?!?!

I understand the storyline.  I've also learned to not tilt at that windmill on this forum, lol.

Trying to figure out my favourite ship is hard I like Oasis class best, but am wanting to cruise on smaller ships. I have been on Freedom, Mariner, Oasis x3, Symphony and Harmony. I think Symphony was my favourite, I missed the pool in the solarium on Harmony a lot! I like the open views from the boardwalk on old oasis more though, but hopefully in December will get to see the vamped Oasis.