RCL Stock Price

This morning, Royal's stock price (RCL) is down 78.04%. I am watching it today with an intention to buy. Is anyone looking at this with similar intentions?

The last letter has language that there is an intent to resume cruising on April 11, and like everyone else, am not sure where we will end up.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

4 minutes ago, DunkelBierJay said:

This morning, Royal's stock price (RCL) is down 78.04%. I am watching it today with an intention to buy. Is anyone looking at this with similar intentions?

The last letter has language that there is an intent to resume cruising on April 11, and like everyone else, am not sure where we will end up.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

As bad as RCCL stock is doing, it's in a much better place than Carnival or Norwegian! 

Just now, FManke said:

As bad as RCCL stock is doing, it's in a much better place than Carnival or Norwegian! 

Nah, 3 weeks ago RCL was around $130 and now it's at $24.  Carnival and Norwegian tended to be much lower to begin with (under $50.  Doug Parker would list the stock prices daily on his Cruise Radio News Podcast).  That's a much bigger overall loss.

8 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I've been watching it for a week, and was to jump on it when it hit $26.  It did, then I realized I have NO idea how to go about doing it and closed my browser (the 2020 human version of the ostrich sticking it's head in the sand)

Just a few steps to get started. Open an account with TD Ameritrade, Schwab, Vanguard etc. Fund the account with an electronic transfer from your bank. Once all is confirmed buy the stock. I wish I would have waited to buy. I bought at the beginning of the month at $82, and $63. OUCH!!

10 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Nah, 3 weeks ago RCL was around $130 and now it's at $24.  Carnival and Norwegian tended to be much lower to begin with (under $50.  Doug Parker would list the stock prices daily on his Cruise Radio News Podcast).  That's a much bigger overall loss.

I guess your right. I was thinking more about current stock pricing.

Why has RCCL been so hard hit then when they have so far been relatively unscathed by Covid-19, as compared to the other cruiselines? 

5 minutes ago, Bean79 said:

Just a few steps to get started. Open an account with TD Ameritrade, Schwab, Vanguard etc. Fund the account with an electronic transfer from your bank. Once all is confirmed buy the stock.

@SpeedNoodles are you following all of this???  I got lost after "open an account", time to put my head back in the sand. lol

@Bean79..kidding, good tips.  Thank you.  Might look into it further now that I have some time off at home. ?

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@SpeedNoodles are you following all of this???  I got lost after "open an account", time to put my head back in the sand. lol

Back when I was a zoo keeper we had a White-Cheeked Gibbon we named "Bailey" who would get stressed out by various things.  We could tell when he was stressed because he'd put his arm/elbow up to his head and cover an ear.  I'm officially in "Bailey Mode".

Just now, SpeedNoodles said:

Back when I was a zoo keeper we had a White-Cheeked Gibbon we named "Bailey" who would get stressed out by various things.  We could tell when he was stressed because he'd put his arm/elbow up to his head and cover an ear.  I'm officially in "Bailey Mode".

Did you have two others that covered their mouth and eyes?

Just now, FManke said:

Did you have two others that covered their mouth and eyes?

I wish, that would have been hysterical.  We did have a Lion-Tailed Macaque who had a broken finger that he was never able to bend again, and when he held his hand up he'd essentially flip you off because it was the middle finger.  The high schoolers loved him.

All jokes aside though, how many of you actually have 100 shares or more in Royal stock and is it worthwhile?  I've been trying to gather information and I will admit, this is one area that I don't really know anything about.  From initial research, it looks like the only real advantage is OBC and even that has a lot of restrictions if you read the fine print.  Any insight is much appreciated.

9 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

All jokes aside though, how many of you actually have 100 shares or more in Royal stock and is it worthwhile?  I've been trying to gather information and I will admit, this is one area that I don't really know anything about.  From initial research, it looks like the only real advantage is OBC and even that has a lot of restrictions if you read the fine print.  Any insight is much appreciated.

I have 101 shares as of March 6th LOL. I believe RCL can weather this storm and come out on top. It may take years to get back to the price I paid for the stock, but I am in it for the long haul. I think the OBC is a nice benefit as well as this stock historically paying you Dividends. I have read about some people not getting the OBC because their cruise was already deeply discounted. I am sure some of the Senior members of this board can enlighten us further.

1 minute ago, TLowder said:

I plan to back up the truck when it reaches $5 per share and load up.

What are the benefits to being a shareholder?

How do you know it won't drop to $2 a share? Or are you willing to take the short term loss for the hopefully, eventual gains?

25 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

What happens if a stock drops to zero?  I don't know that that ever happens, but I don't know that it doesn't either.  

The stock would most likely be de-listed from the exchange (making it impossible to purchase through normal channels; I think the minimum price to stay listed on the NYSE is...what...$1?) well before it hit zero.

The old adage goes - don’t try and catch a falling knife because it will cut you.

Wait until it stabilizes along support levels which it blew through all the support levels so there really isn’t any left. It’s in free fall with daily trading at five - six times its normal volume. That’s never a good sign on the falling side. Lots of sellers and few buyers around.

Be careful at the moment with money that you need. If it’s disposable income and you want to try, than by all means go for it.  We are not done with this situation and April 10th can come  and go quickly without resumption of cruises. Be wary if you are a new investor. 

I thought $30 was going to be a support level but it went right past and never stopped on it’s decline. 

26 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

IF they announce longer delays to cruising..the stock will most likely plunge again...if I was a betting person..I would hold out as the chances of it going lower yet are pretty good..imho.

I haven't bought a single stock since my twenties when McDonnel Douglas bit me in the butt. Ever since, it's been mutual funds and leave it alone. With the buy opportunities now, especially in the cruise industry, my non-expert opinion on buying low and selling high is to follow @monctonguy's course and see what the announcements will be in a week or two and jump on it if they start cruising again...(insert typical disclaimer that this is not financial or investment advice, blah blah)...I am only tracking RCL and CCL As of this writing RCL is 80.72% down from the beginning of February and CCL is 79.31% down. With each refresh of the price, the number of shares I can buy goes up, and the potential profit if prices return to pre-virus levels is astounding.