Contact Royal Caribbean about this charging for pizza

11 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Who would I contact and how do I contact them, email about the displeasure of this idea of charging for Sorentos pizza. Anyone have an email? Thanks for any info. It's pissing me off enough to actually contact them about. 

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
Carlos Jimenez
Sr. Manager, Guest Experience
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 
CarlosJimenez@rccl.com

Secondary Contact
Aurora Yera–Rodriguez
AVP, Guest Experience
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 
ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

Chief Executive
Michael Bayley
President and CEO
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 
MBayley@rccl.com

7 minutes ago, Xaa said:

They'll go even a step further and tell you they are doing it for you. 🙂

"We've heard over and over again that people love Sorrentos but want a better, more exclusive experience.  We are delighted to bring that to you with our new Soda/Sorrento's package...."  🙂

Probably and unfortunately true. Don't forget but free pizza in the Windjammer to make the whole thing feel better. 

I think a cover charge for the Windjammer might be down the pike a bit. They just need another survey to a select 7 people and for just one to say "yes I'd like to pay for what used to be absolutely free and a staple of cruising". 

11 minutes ago, Xaa said:

They'll go even a step further and tell you they are doing it for you. 🙂

"We've heard over and over again that people love Sorrento's but want a better, more exclusive experience.  We are delighted to bring that to you with our new Soda/Sorrento's package...."  🙂

Yep, you nailed it with this one utilizing all the key catch phrases! 

4 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
Carlos Jimenez
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 
CarlosJimenez@rccl.com

Secondary Contact
Aurora Yera–Rodriguez
AVP, Guest Experience
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 
ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

Chief Executive
Michael Bayley
President and CEO
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 
MBayley@rccl.com

Thank you! If I did have gotten this in the first 3 replies we could have avoided all the arguing. Thank you again. 

Raising holy hell certainly can't hurt. Look at the folks that had the repositioning cruise that was supposed to go to Hawaii accomplished; apparently got the executive suite's attention. Cancelation and refund offer that wasn't previously on the table when the itinerary change was announced. That's significant................and appropriate.

18 minutes ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

Raising holy hell certainly can't hurt. Look at the folks that had the repositioning cruise that was supposed to go to Hawaii accomplished; apparently got the executive suite's attention. Cancelation and refund offer that wasn't previously on the table when the itinerary change was announced. That's significant................and appropriate.

Responding real time to an ongoing emergency situation is probably a little different than an "I don't like that survey question you sent to other people and I want you to have my response" type of  inquiry.

I think you are right on the money to complain before any "potential" changes happen. How many times do you see something that was changed from free to having a fee go back to being free later on....almost never. If it does, generally the quality has significantly declined (I'm pointing at you Fish N Ships 😂) Why wait until there's a fire when you could have prevented it in the first place. Most companies I know aren't to keen on loosing a stream of revenue once they have it so I would imagine this would be much of the same. If they start charging and making money off of it, it is HIGHLY unlikely they will want to make it free again.

@RCIfan1912 Thank you for being proactive and voicing your opinion on the matter while it is still is discussion.  For RC to send out the survey they ARE thinking about adding a charge.  To me it's a slippery slope so how about charging for soft serve ice cream ?  the hot dogs ? making most of the menu in the MDR an upcharge ?  charging a fee to eat at Windjammer during busy lunch hours ?  

We have cruised with RC since 2004 and seen many things that used to be free now have a charge.  Room service was twice a day, there were no gratuities fee added to your bill, skeet shooting off the back of the ship was free, we did a backstage tour of the theater that was free, your TA used to hand you all of you travel documents including luggage tags which now have to be printed at home, the food was far superior and the servings were much larger, we had food available until later and at least twice on a 7 day cruise was a midnight buffet.

We are Diamond and also stockholders and we cruised 5 times this year after waiting for the lockdown to end.  We usually don't cruise that often but I was itching to get back out after so long of not being on the water.  We were on Oasis,Wonder,Liberty (BTB) and Radiance.  Our first trip was Oasis and the following week was Wonder out of Port Canaveral.  Oasis was such a let down we actually considered flying home and skipping Wonder.  Wonder if the only one that was by far better than the others and I think because it currently is the newest ship they have their best people on it and it shows.  We have cruises booked next year so we can try Celebrity for the first time.  If the food and experience is as good as I have heard I don't think we'll ever return to RC.

@Falling_Down A prime example of once a fee is added that it is never rescinded.  People's Express was was one of the first airlines to charge for baggage, snacks and drinks onboard.  The other airlines made so much fun of them until they started seeing the additional money just rolling in.  Being proactive is the way to go and all companies do listen to their customers if enough of them speak up.

@RCIfan1912 and @CanHardlyWait

Let me just say I was in no way trying to silence anyone or be a Royal apologist. I was simply saying to not take anything out on the employees for "possible" changes. I am all for standing up for right or wrong. 

I too agree it's a slippery slope, it's the main reason that I no longer book suites. Prices go up but value has gone way down. I feel like Royal will make changes and the only way for them to learn is from a monetary standpoint, which is convoluted, because newbies are skewing the results. I don't eat at Sorrento's because I am from Chicago where we have amazing pizza and that pizza is cardboard, so any changes won't affect me. I also don't agree with the idea you spent "thousands of dollars what's a few dollars more?" because people often save hard for vacations. 

I guess I just never thought a potential question on a survey would be so polarizing, given that it was pretty much a data mining one at that. 

10 minutes ago, Montemy2419 said:

Wonder if the only one that was by far better than the others and I think because it currently is the newest ship they have their best people on it and it shows.

Definitely some truth to this. The CK/SL staff was amazing in June and a few crew members told us they would be opening Icon when the time comes. Clearly they are held in high regard by RC and for good reason.

It's dumb luck as I have always just sailed whatever is at PC out of convenience and Icon will have taken some of the crew by the time I sail again but I am very happy to have Wonder here.

9 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I also don't agree with the idea you spent "thousands of dollars what's a few dollars more?" because people often save hard for vacations.

I'll always disagree with that idea just on general principle. Short of winning the lottery, I will always be frugal and place a value on every dollar I spend even if I am comfortable enough to afford to spend more.

@OCSC Mike Since you were just on Wonder I think it will be interesting that if Wonder stays in Port Canaveral how your experience would be if you cruised on it again once Icon is in service ?  That was our first time out of Port Canaveral and it was so easy.  We rented a car in Miami after Oasis and went to the laundromat right by the port.  Once laundry was done we dropped off the rental car and within minutes we were at the port.  You will get to see so many great ships because that whole port area can easily hold many more ships and I am sure the docking fees are cheaper than Miami.

7 hours ago, ScottD said:

Isn't the survey EXACTLY that? A way  everyone was able to let them know they did not like the idea. That's what a survey is. When people answered it,  they were letting RC know how the felt. I don't think calling or emailing anyone is going to do anything that the survey did not. It's not a thing, they haven't made any kind of announcement about charging for pizza, and it might not even be something they are considering at this point. Complain about them not  having tribute bands any more or once a day cleaning if you must- at least those are things that have actually happened.

Well I am pissed as I did not even get a voice in this.  My last 2 sailings and my next are in suites. I am a Diamond C&A member and I did not even get the survey, I just happen to hear about it.

I was not even asked about it. So where is my voice?? What happens to those that do not follow this forum or youtube? None of them even get a say in the matter either.

This survey comes right from the playbooks!

1.  They mention a record breaking quarter.

2. Discuss raising prices for Cruising because "People will pay!"

3. Discuss reducing the gap between land base vacations and a Cruise Vacation.

4. Hey, Look over there. They MAY start charging a few dollars for awful, mediocre pizza. By now people have forgotten the Actual raises that will most likely occur from CEO discussions just last month that could be in the Hundreds if not thousands.

People tend to forget things quickly and move on to the next "Bad Thing."   Sound familiar?

40 minutes ago, Montemy2419 said:

Since you were just on Wonder I think it will be interesting that if Wonder stays in Port Canaveral how your experience would be if you cruised on it again once Icon is in service ? 

I already have 4 Wonder cruises booked for after Icon sets sail, lol, so I'll certainly find out.

That said, it won't be apples to apples because we were in a GS courtesy of extended family last time. These will be our standard, frugal, interior cruises. On the plus side, we're very laid back and easily pleased so I'm not too concerned about service. As long as our cabin attendant does a good job during his/her one visit/day and the food at the included venues (plus Mason Jar and Playmakers) is similar, we'll be happy. We haven't been fans of the MDR for a very long time (more personal preferences than anything RC did wrong, wife is picky and I like to eat and find the portions small) so we'll try it a few nights on the next cruise and then decide if we want to go back on our future sailings.

Until I have anything close to a bad experience, I'll continue to be excited and positive about cruising. That seems to put me in the minority these days but that's OK too. I don't like to see so many others souring on the experience but once I'm onboard, I'll be thrilled to be there, as always.

I feel like the possibilities of charges for garbage services and offerings is the proverbial straw. You have a former CFO who is now the CEO being transparent with his money thoughts. He feels like the value of cruises aren't on par with land based vacations and it wasn't but now it's also not. You can now find wonderful land based vacations for less than a cruise.

I am D+ but I have gone from having 5+ cruises a year booked to 2 because the value has decreased for me. I wasn't a MDR/WJ or Sorrento's pizza eater before all the changes. But with decrease value in the UDP and possible changes. I will have to rethink my booking habits. Also the newest ships aren't geared towards a single 40ish woman and the oldest ships are too old. I might transition to Celebrity, which is under Royals umbrella but a different beast.

12 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I feel like the possibilities of charges for garbage services and offerings is the proverbial straw. You have a former CFO who is now the CEO being transparent with his money thoughts. He feels like the value of cruises aren't on par with land based vacations and it wasn't but now it's also not. You can now find wonderful land based vacations for less than a cruise.

I am D+ but I have gone from having 5+ cruises a year booked to 2 because the value has decreased for me. I wasn't a MDR/WJ or Sorrento's pizza eater before all the changes. But with decrease value in the UDP and possible changes. I will have to rethink my booking habits. Also the newest ships aren't geared towards a single 40ish woman and the oldest ships are too old. I might transition to Celebrity, which is under Royals umbrella but a different beast.

This sums up our feelings as well.   When did Royal turn into Disney?

-We are D+

-Since we are flying anyway, land based vacations offering better values now and in 2024-25

-4 cruises this year but only 2 planned for 2024, and 2 in 2025 (1 is a Celebrity cruise with wifi, drinks, tips included)

20 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I would pay for the pizza and even VIP seats in the Windjammer all day long in comparison to a land based resort vacation. Try a long weekend at the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas or any comparable resort experience on the strip and cruising with the pizza package will seem like a bargain. It’s not apples to apples in fact this weekend at Cosmopolitan (w/o including gambling) cost at least 3 weekends in a JS on Freedom of the seas. On what planet do we have to pay for parking at hotels in LV??!!!!!!!  

Reposting the contacts. We should politely speak our opinions and don't forget to mention the lobsters... I miss the traditional RC cruises and menus and such...

• LocationTexas
  16 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Who would I contact and how do I contact them, email about the displeasure of this idea of charging for Sorentos pizza. Anyone have an email? Thanks for any info. It's pissing me off enough to actually contact them about. 

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
Carlos Jimenez
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 
CarlosJimenez@rccl.com

Secondary Contact
Aurora Yera–Rodriguez
AVP, Guest Experience
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 
ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

Chief Executive
Michael Bayley
President and CEO
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 
MBayley@rccl.com

59 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I would pay for the pizza and even VIP seats in the Windjammer all day long in comparison to a land based resort vacation. Try a long weekend at the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas or any comparable resort experience on the strip and cruising with the pizza package will seem like a bargain. It’s not apples to apples in fact this weekend at Cosmopolitan (w/o including gambling) cost at least 3 weekends in a JS on Freedom of the seas. On what planet do we have to pay for parking at hotels in LV??!!!!!!!  

Royal considers themselves a family line, which means that Vegas can't really be compared because it is not a family destination in the broader sense. But I get what you mean. I think I am talking a broader approach, which is the benchmark that Liberty often uses. I also think he is middling, like the average cost of a balcony on Oasis class. Versus the average cost of going to an attraction that isn't quite Disney and also possibly a resort. 

But also, the aspect of value is a very subjective thing. I couldn't fathom paying $70k for a suite on Icon or even $5k for a suite on a ship like Grandeur. I place my value on certain things. 

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I would think a closer comparison is the major All Inclusive resorts like these examples in Mexico.  Bahia Principe, Riu, Secrets, Dreams, Iberostar, Grand Oasis, Grand Palladium, Hard Rock, etc

Not sure if this was already brought up, but last month Princess announced fees for some previously complimentary venues including Pizza.   Don't want to pay more for the all inclusive pricing......you NOW get to pay a la carte pricing for pizza, or burgers (they used to be included in standard cruise fares).

Probably got attention from somebody at Royal.

Bring back the interns! 

3 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

Not sure if this was already brought up, but last month Princess announced fees for some previously complimentary venues including Pizza.   Don't want to pay more for the all inclusive pricing......you NOW get to pay a la carte pricing for pizza, or burgers (they used to be included in standard cruise fares).

Probably got attention from somebody at Royal.

Bring back the interns! 

We really, really need an angry icon for this forum! 

14 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

I would think a closer comparison is the major All Inclusive resorts like these examples in Mexico.  Bahia Principe, Riu, Secrets, Dreams, Iberostar, Grand Oasis, Grand Palladium, Hard Rock, etc

Agreed.   We are booking an all-inclusive ocean front suite at the Hyatt in Puerto Vallarta for less than an Ocean Balcony on Royal will cost at the same time.  Can eat all the pizza, steak, hibachi, Italian, Mexican, and all the drinks we want 24/7. 

Cancun and D.R. have amazing deals that cost even less.

I think right now RC as a business is doing what they can to maximize profits.  As Matt and others have mentioned the cost of things like Cabanas at Coco Cay have sky rocketed.  But as long as there are people willing to keep paying these prices, RC will keep pushing the limit.  The only was this stops is when they see less people booking and spending.  The fact they have sold out a suite at $80K/week for all of 2024 says something.  I can't even fathom spending that kind of money on 1 week of vacation, but clearly there are people that will so I don't blame royal for getting it if they can.  I just think at some point the bubble is going to burst on all of this discretionary spending.  

1 hour ago, CruiseGus said:

Just pick your poison, they are all pretty much the same. There’s plenty of nickel & dime price gouges at these “all inclusive resorts”. I’ve been to 3 of the 8 you mentioned above and they were really bad to the point where we axed them as a vacation option. 

Curious about the methodology used to select survey recipients. My wife and I both received it, veterans of a whopping 3 cruises.  What was their rationale? Booking history? Accommodations booked? Onboard spending? Personal demographic (old people)?  Recent trip? Inquiring minds..............

20 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Wow, just freaking wow. This is truly the twilight zone. So you can't complain about a rumored change. Ok, got it, I will pay by everyone else's rules. Thanks

You cam complain and I think you are right. This is the time to do it before they make the change , after it will be done it will be harder.

By the way, beside .asking survey companies like RCL are also tending to use social media scans to check trends about their company and about hot topics related to that.

4 hours ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

Curious about the methodology used to select survey recipients. My wife and I both received it, veterans of a whopping 3 cruises.  What was their rationale? Booking history? Accommodations booked? Onboard spending? Personal demographic (old people)?  Recent trip? Inquiring minds..............

When doing a survey they are looking for just the right samples to represent thier customer. I guess I  this can they want a mix of veterans cruisers,   one time cruisers in somewhere I  the middle so the analyze of the results will be something  like : in total 70% said they will not pay for Sorentos, 5% said they will and 25%: "calling g Sorentos a pizza is against the low" out of it 85% diamonds , 89% pinnacles and 60% gold answered they don't like it

2 hours ago, Traveler said:

When doing a survey they are looking for just the right samples to represent thier customer. I guess I  this can they want a mix of veterans cruisers,   one time cruisers in somewhere I  the middle so the analyze of the results will be something  like : in total 70% said they will not pay for Sorentos, 5% said they will and 25%: "calling g Sorentos a pizza is against the low" out of it 85% diamonds , 89% pinnacles and 60% gold answered they don't like it

Are those numbers a guess or you know what the numbers actually are? That's interesting if it is those numbers. 

I guess they can charge all they want for pizza as long as the the included Sorrentos is replaced with another decent included food.

I happen to like the pizza from Sorrentos/Cafe Promenade and not having a place to grab a quick, included in my cruise fare bite to eat after the Windjammer closes would definitely make me reevaluate continuing to cruise with Royal. 

See, for me it’s not paying for pizza, it’s the loss of an included eating option.