Another itinerary change.

Well we are 9 days away from our first RC cruise and again they changed our itinerary. About a month ago they took Haiti and La Ramona out and replaced it with Bonaire without any explanation. Now I just received an email stating they cancelled Bonaire and are now going to Grand Cayman. We just booked and paid for our excursions in Bonaire. Anyone else dealing with this? And tell me about Grand Cayman. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Grand Cayman is known for three things:

Seven Mile Beach

stingray city

A tourist trap called “hell” so you can say you went there. 

Go easy on that tourist trap stuff. I got a diploma from the university of hell... 😄

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Grand Cayman is known for three things:

Seven Mile Beach

stingray city

A tourist trap called “hell” so you can say you went there. 

Yep --- and we hit all three when we went there in 2019..... Oh, and the rum place (I completely forgot the name)

FB_IMG_1650629896736.jpg

7 hours ago, Karter said:

But does anyone know WHY?  I mean, I booked this cruise solely because it went to all three ABC islands.  When are we as cruisers going to stand up to this bait and switch fraudulent tactic?

Except it's not. RC has the right to adjust itineraries.  Grand Cayman closed itself for a while due to COVID and the cruise ships had to adjust. You can try to call and ask (or check local health trends and regulations online). Depending on how long ago you booked you may be able to change without any fees assessed. 

Also Cayman is terrific for low-key snorkeling and you don't have to go on an excursion.  Take the tender across, turn right when you get to the street and walk about 1/3 to 1/2 of a mile until you get to a dive shop/restaurant and water "park" (several huge inflated slides and bounce castles in the water) on the water side. I don't recall the name but it's blue and white and has decent food and great beer. You can either bring your own gear or rent it at the dive shop and just go down the swim ladder right there.  Spectacular and reasonably sheltered from waves etc. 

11 minutes ago, Riley said:

Also Cayman is terrific for low-key snorkeling and you don't have to go on an excursion.  Take the tender across, turn right when you get to the street and walk about 1/3 to 1/2 of a mile until you get to a dive shop/restaurant and water "park" (several huge inflated slides and bounce castles in the water) on the water side. I don't recall the name but it's blue and white and has decent food and great beer. You can either bring your own gear or rent it at the dive shop and just go down the swim ladder right there.  Spectacular and reasonably sheltered from waves etc. 

I believe that restaurant/dive shop is called Paradise.  We always sneak (you don't really have to sneak them...it just sound like more fun to sneak them) a couple of boxes of dry cereal from the WJ to take with us and feed the fish right there at the restaurant.  A whole bunch of big fish (tarpon, I believe) hang out there but they want nothing to do with the cereal.  It's still fun to watch the little fish eat though.  

A couple of years ago Dan saw a big nurse shark right offshore and followed it all around.  Then, there are always the big walls which are ultra spectacular, particularly if you are a diver.  Even just snorkeling they are amazing.  I know that Bonaire is considered the SCUBA Mecca but Grand Cayman is certainly a close runner-up.