Double C&A Points ...

@SpeedNoodles if @Temeculaguy did an Anthem sailing in August I'm pretty sure that makes them British (or UK resident), due to Anthem being restricted sailings in UK.  We don't have a dedicated CAS number - we have to ring the customer service number 0344 493 4005 and then select the CAS option.

I'm a Newbie, so take it easy on me Smokey.  This may be best for BrianB; but everyone chime in.

Met a guy in the Diamond Lounge once (yes one of those stories) who said he only booked adjoining balconies for he and his wife.  They sail solo and have the 150% supplement (not sure if D+ or Pinnacle).  Said he liked the extra space - two baths, two balconies, etc. and that he got more points for doing it this way.  

Thoughts, pros, cons ?

On 9/2/2021 at 3:06 AM, Temeculaguy said:

I didn't get what I expected, three e-mails later and no response, i guess I will have to call. We went on AOS August 7th, booked a JS, did Royalup to a GS and got only 14 points. I was expecting 4x points since we did a suite, I believe JS qualified so the RU to GS shouldn't have mattered. I was expecting 28 points, since suites get double and it's double that through 2022. We have suites in January and July so I was expecting to make diamond after three suites during the promotion. What did I miss?

I was in a Junior Suite for AOS and we Royal Upped too.  I was given the 28 points.  Definitely contact C&A to inquire.

10 minutes ago, JustMeJoe said:

I'm a Newbie, so take it easy on me Smokey.  This may be best for BrianB; but everyone chime in.

Met a guy in the Diamond Lounge once (yes one of those stories) who said he only booked adjoining balconies for he and his wife.  They sail solo and have the 150% supplement (not sure if D+ or Pinnacle).  Said he liked the extra space - two baths, two balconies, etc. and that he got more points for doing it this way.  

Thoughts, pros, cons ?

If their goal is to get to a higher status quicker than good for them!  If they need to do this to stay married-good for them!
I looked at the double points and I'll be honest....seems like a good deal to book some of these cruises solo, I know I did for a cruise with my daughter (she is over 18) and a cruise with friends.  I will hopefully be getting the 4 points per night.  Had I taken a cruise any other time WITH people I would have to pay for 4 separate cruises to achieve that.  So it's a "bargain" if you have goals to attain.

45 minutes ago, JustMeJoe said:

Thoughts, pros, cons ?

If you're looking to climb the C&A ladder it works. Remember only one of a couple has to hit the point for both to go to the next level. Once you hit 340 points is when you go to 150% solo supplement. Sometimes it works out best to get a jr suite at the 150% solo supplement, book an cheap inside for the spouse and you walk away with 3 points a night. Isn't the same as having separate rooms, but sometimes can ultimately be cheaper this way to rack up points if you look at it as a cost per point value.

1 hour ago, JustMeJoe said:

Thoughts, pros, cons ?

I know a couple who will sometimes put the husband as a 3rd in a friends cabin and book the wife in a suite.  Once on board they get an extra key from guest services.  

In their case they designated the wife as the ladder climber.  It doesn't matter who you pick, but if one or the other has more points already, might as well designate them as the ladder climber.  

When they don't know a friend on board they get whatever is cheapest for him.  Interior, OV, balcony, what ever, it doesn't matter. 

The wife gets the extra points, they both climb higher, faster.   

13 hours ago, JustMeJoe said:

Thoughts, pros, cons ?

Interesting strategy with a couple of good results. Especially the ‘help the marriage’ angle! I have relatives who decided they must have separate bedrooms because of his snoring, so this would be great for them. Just close the connecting door. Sort of turns two balcony cabins into an affordable, small boutique-style 2 bedroom suite…with 2 full bathrooms. Plus the extra points.

I just realized that as of Monday, I have reached Diamond Level!  I had 73 points when I got onboard the Allure last Sunday.  If my reckoning of the Double Points promo is correct, together with the double points I’d gotten as a solo cruiser, I am now (unofficially) Diamond. Yay!

7 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I just realized that as of Monday, I have reached Diamond Level!  I had 73 points when I got onboard the Allure last Sunday.  If my reckoning of the Double Points promo is correct, together with the double points I’d gotten as a solo cruiser, I am now (unofficially) Diamond. Yay!

Congratulations!  

That's a huge accomplishment.  Cheers!

3 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

I have not seen it advertised or mentioned anywhere but it just appears that if you quote single rates you get "half price" cabins on a lot of sailings.

Yes, and I was following to book, waited, and now it’s gone.  So if anyone finds that single, at a great price, perhaps you shouldn’t wait to book.

Reduced single supplements are dynamic as they are capacity controlled.   They allocate X and once X are sold in a category they are gone.  Sometimes X = 1, sometimes X = 2, sometimes X might equal something else.  It isn't published.  

If you see something don't spend a lot of time thinking about it.  Someone else like me might swoop in and take it from you.  

On 9/9/2021 at 2:45 PM, PG Cruiser said:

We just finished our first Diamond cruise and we loved it! You will too! I just wish the diamond lounge opened at 6:00 am instead of 7:00 so I could get my first coffee there.

I just got home from my cruise on Allure that got me to Diamond level.   I know the C&A Ambassador said it'll take about two weeks for my status to be updated. Is it weird that I have checked if my Emerald status has been updated to Diamond several times already since I got home?

37 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I just got home from my cruise on Allure that got me to Diamond level.   I know the C&A Ambassador said it'll take about two weeks for my status to be updated. Is it weird that I have checked if my Emerald status has been updated to Diamond several times already since I got home?

Not at all. 

I’m anxious to see our Platinum level show up after last week’s cruise.  Even though we got off the ship yesterday, I checked. 😁

We made it to Platinum the old fashioned way.   Now, with the double points promotion, we’ll be Diamond by the end of 2022. 

I'm secretly hoping they forget to apply my double points for my last cruise. 

That way I'll get a crystal block on my next cruise and once I call them to fix my missing points I'll get the block for my last cruise which they didn't have on board but will ship in a couple months.  With my luck they'll post my points properly.  

Only several?

Or is that several times per day?

Looks like my reckoning for the Double Points promo is wrong.  As a solo cruiser in a double occupancy stateroom I was expecting 4 points per night - a total of 28 points for a 7-night cruise.  They only gave me 14 points.   I made it to Diamond, but still... they owe me 14 points more

1140118449_ScreenShot2021-09-17at10_36_00PM.png.df8b0e601253f586187ac7a4fbd62602.png1809091322_ScreenShot2021-09-17at10_36_36PM.thumb.png.66fa7f9b5cb718976caeb4e284bd3c82.png

I'll call them tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Looks like my reckoning for the Double Points promo is wrong.  As a solo cruiser in a double occupancy stateroom I was expecting 4 points per night - a total of 28 points for a 7-night cruise.  They only gave me 14 points.   I made it to Diamond, but still... they owe me 14 points more

1140118449_ScreenShot2021-09-17at10_36_00PM.png.df8b0e601253f586187ac7a4fbd62602.png1809091322_ScreenShot2021-09-17at10_36_36PM.thumb.png.66fa7f9b5cb718976caeb4e284bd3c82.png

I'll call them tomorrow.

Hope they fix it - I am doing a solo cruise in a couple of weeks and was hoping for the 28 points - let us know what they say!