Lovetocruise2002

“Symphony No. 17: Celebration, Relaxation, Exploration, Reflection” – 07/27/19 – 08/03/19

34 minutes ago, Oreocruiser said:

My parents are soon-to-be empty nesters and they're already planning the vacations that can take in the months I would normally be in school. I can imagine their wallets will be happier...

Forget "soon to be"!  I am about 10 years out from "empty nesting" and retirement and I already have a ton of ideas on my bucket list. 😄

23 minutes ago, DDaley said:

I am realizing I gotta get onto a bigger ship to try this illusive CK.

I worry that once I work my way up to Sky and Star Class there will be no thoughts of sailing in a skinny mini cabin ever again. The Mint full recline beds on Jet Blue certainly ruined regular first class, let alone coach! 

Yes you do!  #teamCK

And you are 100% correct, once you go up, it is so hard to go back...

While Royal is usually pretty good on social media, today they were not. Curious as to who the entertainers would be on our sailing, I contacted them to ask.  Here is our conversation on FB messenger. 😒

24E086BE-76E1-4115-86EB-4E917223934E.thumb.jpeg.6bcfb7620f2bb6922c5985575aaf9b90.jpeg

C35F7C05-67B1-4F19-8500-7844A923D730.thumb.jpeg.934df797e5688ff8eb4ebede180c39be.jpeg

97A7A000-B9D3-4F07-9F4C-45C34283B55A.jpeg.4bf83a464a8067fb719ee3db30c99899.jpeg

Annoying...

I decided I would try another path and contact the entertainment department through email as many have done before. Half and hour. That’s all it took. Way better response. 

3AFF48EE-8565-4337-9969-9A17706DB09D.thumb.jpeg.97c8aeb2c2ea829ccae1eda94dc7d7f5.jpeg

Another example of confused reps and taking another path when you don’t the the result of the first.

@Lovetocruise2002, Simeon was on our Symphony cruise also. He was pretty decent, but not as good as the second comedian (Rodney Johnson..I do not know Phil Tag). I have been following comedians for more years than you are old. I'll be interested in your take on him.

Can you please share the email address for the entertainment dept?

Thanks and happy sailing.

4 minutes ago, Skid said:

@Lovetocruise2002, Simeon was on our Symphony cruise also. He was pretty decent, but not as good as the second comedian (Rodney Johnson..I do not know Phil Tag). I have been following comedians for more years than you are old. I'll be interested in your take on him.

Can you please share the email address for the entertainment dept?

Thanks and happy sailing.

I'll make sure to report back for you @Skid.

The email is [email protected]rccl.com

3 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Simeon was our cruise director for our week on Symphony , filling in for regular CD.  He was quite funny.

Yes, I remember that week when the CDs had their conference. I read of couple of reviews of Simeon that week as acting CD. There were even some scopes of him with fellow periscopers. He was the comedian on Harmony in 2017 when we sailed. I just found him to be ok. Definitely looking forward to another chance to see him though. 

On 7/23/2019 at 3:29 PM, hayley_bopp said:

We're going on a cruise in a couple of weeks

@hayley_bopp, I am sure @Lovetocruise2002 won't mind me jumping into her thread here to wish you a great trip and safe travels. I guess it would be awkward to blog here from a different cruise line, but hopefully you can post something here and there. Will you be periscoping?

5 hours ago, Skid said:

@hayley_bopp, I am sure @Lovetocruise2002 won't mind me jumping into her thread here to wish you a great trip and safe travels. I guess it would be awkward to blog here from a different cruise line, but hopefully you can post something here and there. Will you be periscoping?

I was intending to scope but after last night's furore I'm not so sure...😮 (probably will though!)

I will definitely post a review on here with comparisons to RC. 

I would like to live blog it somewhere as I like it as a way to remember the cruise but I'll have to have a think about how/where is best to do that 🤔

13 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes, I remember that week when the CDs had their conference. I read of couple of reviews of Simeon that week as acting CD. There were even some scopes of him with fellow periscopers. He was the comedian on Harmony in 2017 when we sailed. I just found him to be ok. Definitely looking forward to another chance to see him though. 

We saw Simeon on Symphony as the comedian, after @CruiseLifeRick introduced us,  and he is hilarious.  Politics aside, his Trump impression is unbelievably good.

2 days out...

Nothing new to report today other than the usual “day before we leave” business. 

Mani/Pedi

792BB694-75A3-4347-8C60-067069B6D7F0.thumb.jpeg.933ed2ab7ae5653be1597e833c494e9d.jpeg

Check in

78588FB9-F206-4A83-86B8-4411A491BA36.jpeg.7ef1713c2cf2bf3a68a89032d553dd36.jpeg

Packed ... Hubby zero in this area 😳

29F820AF-8C75-48A3-A9E3-81FE0AEAB59F.thumb.jpeg.7f650f948a31b967cd3524a57f7bdb2a.jpeg

Eat “healthy” 😔 dinner while I dream of CK

79696B89-0366-40E1-96DC-B814B86FA145.thumb.jpeg.c866fac00b84be8a944c1ce4778a1898.jpeg

Note of apology...all food pics following this one should be way better! 😌

Headed to bed early tonight as we have a pretty early start tomorrow. Sleep should not be a problem as I barely slept last night.  

5 hours ago, LandstromCruise said:

Enjoy!  I loved Symphony!  Will be following along. 

Hey there!  Haven’t see you around these boards lately! Glad to have you following along! 

26 minutes ago, Auto said:

Have a great cruise! #jealous

Happy Anniversary, too! My wife and I are celebrating 18 next week (hmmmm...she was teaching when we got married, so I guess we are in on the trend, too).

Thank you and Happy Anniversary to you too! 😊

1 day out...

Getting to the airport was a breeze today. We made record time!  Got the kids dropped off and at DTW in just a few minutes over an hour.

When we arrived it was a different story here at McNamara terminal. Complete zoo!

It took us almost an hour to get 1 bag checked and to go through security. This is a process that normally takes us about 15-20min max here. Not sure if it’s just regular weekend traffic or if it’s something else but it is way busier than we are used to.