Royal Caribbean Blog

“Symphony No. 17: Celebration, Relaxation, Exploration, Reflection” – 07/27/19 – 08/03/19

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

📸: Royal Caribbean International “Whenever you are with me, life plays a beautiful symphony!” --- Avijeet Das For Hubby and I, there is no better way to spend quality couple time together th

Symphony Final Thoughts What a perfect week this has been.  So different from our last few sailings with our kids, this one was the other extreme.  So relaxing, and an abundance of down time. It

Cabin There is a story here… As noted earlier, this sailing was expensive!  Newest ship, summer sailing, just bad news all around for the bank account.  We initially booked a Junior Suite wi

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Thank you!  Did you celebrate with a cruise this year?

We're going on a cruise in a couple of weeks but not strictly speaking for our anniversary. We will however be in Edinburgh on our anniversary and have a nice meal booked. I'm sure we'll celebrate again onboard somehow!

14 minutes ago, SuperStarian said:

Happy 17! My first couple’s vacation was on Symphony in April. She’s a good luck ship! I wish you 17x17 more years!

Thank you!  

3 minutes ago, hayley_bopp said:

We're going on a cruise in a couple of weeks but not strictly speaking for our anniversary. We will however be in Edinburgh on our anniversary and have a nice meal booked. I'm sure we'll celebrate again onboard somehow!

Which ship are you sailing this time?  I'm already thinking ahead to next July! lol

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Interesting letter.  I have never received a Concierge letter that long !!

I noticed that 3 separate times the letter indicates that certain amenities are for suite guests only, NEVER mentioning Pinnacles at all.  I find that very misleading.  I am not one of those [non-suite paying Pinnacle] haters from over at CC but I do find it interesting that the Concierge does not include the fact that Pinnacles ARE absolutely welcome in the Suite Lounge, Coastal Kitchen, Barefoot Beach and the reserved seating areas.

I just looked over an old Harmony email.  Pinnacles were only mentioned once with reference to Barefoot Beach.  Pinnacles were not mentioned in reference to lounge or sundeck access.  Going back to 2017 on Allure and 2016 on Oasis, Pinnacles aren't mentioned at all in the email.  So it seems like it's always been that way. 

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

I just looked over an old Harmony email.  Pinnacles were only mentioned once with reference to Barefoot Beach.  Pinnacles were not mentioned in reference to lounge or sundeck access.  Going back to 2017 on Allure and 2016 on Oasis, Pinnacles aren't mentioned at all in the email.  So it seems like it's always been that way. 

Can you check your vault for what it says about renting the Beachfront and OTW cabanas?  Did it always say for Star Class?  I checked mine but this was the first time I noticed that wording.

29 minutes ago, twangster said:

Pinnacles were not mentioned in reference to lounge or sundeck access.  Going back to 2017 on Allure and 2016 on Oasis, Pinnacles aren't mentioned at all in the email.  So it seems like it's always been that way. 

Interesting you bring this up too, on Grandeur this Thursday as I said they are opening the main dining to room to Suite guests only, so I asked, Not Pinnacle??  As an afterthought he emailed me back, oh yes, Pinnacle too! LOL  I'll be dead long before that happens so I guess I'll just have to keep being a Suite snob! LOL 

17 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Can you check your vault for what it says about renting the Beachfront and OTW cabanas?  Did it always say for Star Class?  I checked mine but this was the first time I noticed that wording.

Nope.  No mention of any resource reserved for Star Class only.

I'm sure a Star Class guest couldn't get one for at least one cruise so the Genie's lobbied for this change.  

4 minutes ago, janetmojo said:

This sounds wonderful!  We are headed out on the 27th on MSC Seaside (yes traitors I know) but we had to give it a shot---we will see how it compares to our previous Sky and Star Class cruises.

We did the Seaside last July for our anniversary. Yacht Club.  Pre-star Class. Is that what you booked as well?